ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: White Out Reactions

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
I'll continue to add to this as others get bad to me over the next day or so.

Jamari Buddin

"I liked the family environment and got a good vibe from all the coaches. Everyone was happy and just had a great time. It was something I never experienced before. That type of family environment had good vibes. Everyone says the same thing about Coach Franklin and the Penn State staff. It's all good things and really good people in Pennsylvania. It will be one to remember, for sure."

Jalen Cheek

"The atmosphere and fan base at Penn State is one of the best in the country. I really enjoyed getting to sit down with the coaches before the game and talking to them with my family. Also, when I went to the field, I shook Coach Franklin’s hand at midfield and that was very exciting."

Bryson Estes

"It was a great atmosphere. A few things stood out. The stands were packed and fans were cheering and chanting an hour before kickoff. The coaches were very interactive with us before the game and were around a good bit. The atmosphere on the sidelines was electric. All the fans were very nice to us and were high-fiving us as we walked around. Probably one of the best college atmospheres I've ever experienced."

"I spoke with Coach Limegrover, my recruiting coach, Coach Bowen, and Coach [Kevin] Reihner. I didn’t talk to any commits last night. The coaches are very sincere and talk to me in an easy-going way. They want to know how I'm doing and how my season's going. You can tell they are very genuine."

James Gillespie

"The atmosphere of the White Out game really stood out. It's one of the most unique environments to see in college football. The game was great. It went down to the wire with the fourth down stop on the goal line. Being right by the team as they ran out onto the field for kickoff was new for me. Penn State was the first place to do that. Also, walking out to the middle of the field to say hi to Coach Franklin was also new for me. That was the first time I seen a school do that."

JJ Jones

"Just being able to be in front of that kind of atmosphere was amazing! That’s one of the greatest places to be in all of college football. it exceeded my expectations.

"I usually talk to them every day and keep in touch. I’ve met the whole staff so far and they seem great. The coaches seem like they truly care for their student-athletes and that’s a big factor for me in recruiting."

Tristan Leigh

"It was a crazy atmosphere. That was the most people in a stadium I’ve ever seen. The highlight was all the energy and support from the fan base. The team played well. They fed off of the crowd's energy."

Wyatt Milum

"I liked how well the offense and defense played. They got big stops when they needed them, especially the last drive. Also, I liked how well the crowd was. That was definitely one of the best atmospheres. They stayed loud the whole game."

"I went home after the game. but I talked to the coaches before the game. What I liked about their coaches is how they get to know their players and build relationships with their guys."

Evan Pryor

"Something that stood out to me was how they never thought they won till the whistle sounded. It was close until the end and it felt as if they began to play even more as a team as it got later in the game."

"I talked with Coach Franklin and Seider, along with Coach Smith. We talked before the game yesterday and after. Then I got to see them today before I left. We were just talking about the game last night and how I enjoyed it. Coach Seider and I discussed things in the backfield."

Zakee Wheatley

"Everything [stood out]. The atmosphere, of course, the love from the coaches and the family feel it has. The crowd and the student section loves what they do. You can tell they take pride in their school. The music makes me want to strap up and hop on the field. [laughs] The fans are dedicated to making the game live."

"Penn State definitely stands out. They're one of my top schools, for sure. The love I feel from their coaches makes them stand out."

Kaden Saunders

"The atmosphere and the energy in the stadium was unmatched. It was so crazy. I can’t even explain it. Before the game, my dad and I looked at each other and were like 'wow.' You can tell the fans really love the football team. I got to spend some good time with Coach Smith and Coach Parker. I’ve built good relationships with them. Overall, the visit was amazing and I think Penn State is the early favorite for me."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News