ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Gregg Doyel, the giant douche from CBS sports

GreggK

Jan 19, 2002
Things aren't going to well for him right now. That's too bad.

To be honest, I find the whole thing to be weird, not necessarily creepy or sexist.
But hey, what goes around comes around.

Things aren't going to well for him right now. That's too bad.

To be honest, I find the whole thing to be weird, not necessarily creepy or sexist.
But hey, what goes around comes around.

What a disgusting pos that guy was during that time. That's when I learned how disgustingly biased and narrative driven the media really is.

I often feel that the people that are most morally vocal are doing so because they have something to hide. Crazy inappropriate but that is what we deal with in the media these days. It is crazy that they don't seem to be able to see it.

I read a comment the other day that seems appropriate: They don't put up statues for critics.

He doth protest too much - Shakespeare.

SVHT.gif

I often feel that the people that are most morally vocal are doing so because they have something to hide. Crazy inappropriate but that is what we deal with in the media these days. It is crazy that they don't seem to be able to see it.

I read a comment the other day that seems appropriate: They don't put up statues for critics.

SVHT.gif

Agreed. The hallmarks of modern mainstream "journalism," very much to include sports media, are arrogance, dishonesty, hypocrisy, and an ingrained sense of entitlement.

Moreover, experience shows that some males who make a big deal of their supposed enlightened mentality and "feminism" are actually misogynists and pigs in their twisted little hearts.

As for Doyel, his exchange with Caitlin Clark was creepy at best...and very demeaning to Clark. In fact, I think Dave Portnoy's characterization was pretty accurate.

Reactions: bison13
Agreed. The hallmarks of modern mainstream "journalism," very much to include sports media, are arrogance, dishonesty, hypocrisy, and an ingrained sense of entitlement.

Moreover, experience shows that some males who make a big deal of their supposed enlightened mentality and "feminism" are actually misogynists and pigs in their twisted little hearts.

As for Doyel, his exchange with Caitlin Clark was creepy at best...and very demeaning to Clark. In fact, I think Dave Portnoy's characterization was pretty accurate.
Agreed. And if a woman reporter was swooning over a player during an interview (even a guy) they'd have gotten skewered. It really showed a lack of sensitivity to gender issues. But I am sure he'd be the first to lecture us on these things.

What a disgusting pos that guy was during that time. That's when I learned how disgustingly biased and narrative driven the media really is.

The Sandusky scandal, which happened during my college years, was a personal inflection point that politicians, institutions, the media and even the judicial system could not be fully trusted ever again. I would make the case, it hasn't gotten any better.

The Sandusky scandal, which happened during my college years, was a personal inflection point that politicians, institutions, the media and even the judicial system could not be fully trusted ever again. I would make the case, it hasn't gotten any better.
A Quick Review of today's news shows you are correct (NPR, who, at one time, was the baseline for journalistic excellence)

tumblr_n6jppc1C0H1tu7965o1_500.gif

So do I. Heard an interesting comment on NBA radio this morning and asked Jimmy Butler’s agent to comment on story that his client suffered an MCL injury and would be out at least a week. Agent said the game was over around 10:00 pm; the team flew at 11:30 pm; didn’t arrive in Miami until 3:00 am and Butler wasn’t scheduled to see a doctor or undergo any testing until this afternoon.

A Quick Review of today's news shows you are correct (NPR, who, at one time, was the baseline for journalistic excellence)

tumblr_n6jppc1C0H1tu7965o1_500.gif
Correct. NPR, which gets taxpayer funds, has completely lost its way. They have been taken over by the left and they are supposed to be a neutral reporting agency. Look at what they did to that editor that called out NPR for their biases. But we know the left actively censors anyone who doesn't follow their lunatic ideology. It's a disgrace and something we would see in Russia.

Correct. NPR, which gets taxpayer funds, has completely lost its way. They have been taken over by the left and they are supposed to be a neutral reporting agency. Look at what they did to that editor that called out NPR for their biases. But we know the left actively censors anyone who doesn't follow their lunatic ideology. It's a disgrace and something we would see in Russia.
Right extremist = Left Extremist = Right Extremist= ...

Clowns to the Left of me clowns to the Right here I am stuck in the middle of clowns.

😂

yeah..I was just making a general statement and don't want to get into the left/right thing out of respect for others.

Reactions: PSUPride1

Clowns to the Left of me clowns to the Right here I am stuck in the middle of clowns.

😂
I would agree - the media has devolved into partisan hacks and when challenged swear they are unbiased - gonna be a long summer with the election in the fall - moronic ads all over the place that are outright lies. for the hell of it got to CNN/MSNBC at any random time and 90% of the time it will be a Trump bashing story - same with Fox and Biden. It's a disgrace that these two clowns are the only choice this fall - our country politically has really gone down the proverbial shi$$er.

Trying to find the “like” button for an entire thread. Media has been disgusting for at least 20 years cemented for me locally w the deplorable way they covered the Sandusky scandal and then globally with the incredibly damaging COVId fear mongering, censorship (including this site), arrogance, etc that we still haven’t recovered from.

And that doesn’t even touch the politics…

😂

Except NPR is all lefties.

I love when liberals act like we are all the same when the policies are the opposite.

Reactions: bison13
Can anyone refresh our memories what Doyle said about us? I assume during the Sandusky scandal.

SVHT.gif
“The lady doth protest too much, methinks”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT