ADVERTISEMENT

Report: B2G has vetted Oregon and Washington

I agree that it is very important the B10 gets into high growth states like NC and FL when the ACC falls. The B12 is not stupid. For the same reason they want to lock up high growth Utah and Arizona. There is a strong possibility the B10 is locked out of all the high growth area in the U.S.

Yes, how will the Big Ten survive having merely the three largest metro areas in the country in their footprint and 5 of the top 7 metro areas.

Growing areas are nice to have, but having a massively larger baseline population is more important.

Won't disagree with anything you said and it will be interesting to see if Klatt's scenario plays out. If they do end up kicking out the 'pie eaters', whom do you think would be left in today's B1G??

PSU, OSU, Mich, MSU, WI, Corn, Minny, MD, Iowa, Illinois, UCLA, & USC - anyone else make the cut line?
Honestly, I have no idea. I'm not so arrogant to think I understand what the B2G is ultimately thinking. They probably don't yet. Probably depends on how many top programs move to the B2G. Probably depends on how the B2G and SEC agree to structure the top tier of CFB and stage a championship.

Based on the programs today I would think the following are secure. No idea beyond that: PSU, OSU, Mich, MSU, WI, USC

Reactions: SheldonJoe2215
I agree that it is very important the B10 gets into high growth states like NC and FL when the ACC falls. The B12 is not stupid. For the same reason they want to lock up high growth Utah and Arizona. There is a strong possibility the B10 is locked out of all the high growth area in the U.S.
yeah, if I am the Big 12 I am going at Arizona/ASU, Utah, and Colorado. You have heard San Diego State also to get into Southern California which I could see being interesting. And the UNLV play to get Las Vegas for the obvious reasons would be out there.

An interesting development as well...

Edit: obviously not the USF to Big Ten joke, but the other schools

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT