ADVERTISEMENT

Football REPORT: Penn State DC Manny Diaz expected to be Duke Head Coach

Manny Diaz: “I accomplished everything I could possibly accomplish at Penn State. It’s not my fault that James Franklin and the offense are so incompetent. Bye Penn State!”
This is an accurate statement?

it’s been commented quite a bit that Elijah Robinson does not like James Franklin. The story that I heard was that Franklin bad-mouthed Robinson on the recruiting trail and Robinson found out.
Same question, this is verified? If your two posts are true, very sad for the state of affairs at Penn State!

it’s been commented quite a bit that Elijah Robinson does not like James Franklin. The story that I heard was that Franklin bad-mouthed Robinson on the recruiting trail and Robinson found out.
First I've ever heard of that.

Just can't win in the coordinator game anymore, can't hold onto these guys. The reality is that if they suck, they get fired.....If they are good, they get HC jobs. Just is what it is. Frankly, programs were sniffing around Poindexter last year and if Manny doesn't take the Duke job and Poindexter doesn't get promoted, he'd probably be gone.
Nobody wants Poindexter lol

Like I said you go out and hire someone who has done it before and is as good as Diaz.

Or go right ahead and lose 35-13 to Ohio State again next year.

Just pick one off the fantastic coach tree…I mean coaches a a good as Diaz are just laying around out there and every one of them is dying to come to Penn State.
Well then the problems solved and nobody should be bitching.

Franklin needs to look up Jim Leonard but he isn’t smart enough to do that he will just blame it on the new coordinator

Reactions: Psubiomed
Poindexter should do well if he gets the promotion. Keeping the transition seamless as possible seems wise. We already have a new offensive coordinator to break in in terms of building player relationships. The least staff movement is likely best.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Poindexter should do well if he gets the promotion. Keeping the transition seamless as possible seems wise. We already have a new offensive coordinator to break in in terms of building player relationships. The least staff movement is likely best.
Honestly no one has any idea how he'd do. It's a risk. Experience is obviously preferable

He has experience as DC @ UCONN when they were good.

I was about to say this as well. I'm not advocating for Poindexter necessarily, but the fact that he has been a DC before is IMHO good because he has that experience as well as institutional knowledge of our current players and how Diaz used them so effectively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT