ADVERTISEMENT

Manny Diaz

Great opportunity with not a lot of high level pressure. Great area to live in. See they were also interviewing Knowles from O$U.

That's a dangerous job as your second as a HC. If he fails again he's done. He should be looking at ACC or Big XII ropes IMO. Though he already failed in the ACC so who knows.
He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who plans on failing!

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who plans on failing!
No one "plans on failing", right?
Confidence is great but you have to make sure the fit is right. Best of luck to him in whatever he decides. Selfishly I'd like him to stay

No one "plans on failing", right?
Confidence is great but you have to make sure the fit is right. Best of luck to him in whatever he decides. Selfishly I'd like him to stay
I don't want to lose him either. Stay at least a couple more years. And you never know how a coordinator will do as a HC.

I really like Manny, but I do think he got a little too blitz happy at time--particularly on third and long. Teams started to figure that out and how many times did we get burned on third and long blitzes against good teams or teams with a mobile QB? I wish him all the best, but let's not act like the defense is now doomed because he left. It's a promotion to be a head coach so good luck Manny and thank you for your two years at ole State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT