Russian men being pulled off the street to go to war

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004

Russia must be winning the War.

Russian authorities are apparently grabbing many able-bodied men off the streets — including cafes, restaurants, and workplaces — to replenish their military manpower in the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, according to The Washington Post.

After Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the "partial mobilization" of the country's military reservists last month, an estimated 300,000 men and their families fled the country to seek refuge from being drafted into the conflict.

But Russian authorities are now reportedly rounding up ordinary men, in virtually any place where they can find them assembled.

psu skp

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2016
50 yard line after dark

Russian authorities are apparently grabbing many able-bodied men off the streets — including cafes, restaurants, and workplaces — to replenish their military manpower in the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, according to The Washington Post.

After Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the "partial mobilization" of the country's military reservists last month, an estimated 300,000 men and their families fled the country to seek refuge from being drafted into the conflict.

But Russian authorities are now reportedly rounding up ordinary men, in virtually any place where they can find them assembled.
This is how fascism always ends... like the last days of the Third Reich. Too bad Russia doesn't have a 2nd Amendment.

junior1

May 29, 2001

remember, this is the washington post....their credibility is suspect the majority of times, and, they normally are an appendage of the democrats. It would not surprise me if the Biden admin wants this kind of information put out to support their spending so much money on ukranian support.

Reactions: Hotshoe and WeR0206

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org
remember, this is the washington post....their credibility is suspect the majority of times, and, they normally are an appendage of the democrats. It would not surprise me if the Biden admin wants this kind of information put out to support their spending so much money on ukranian support.
This ^^. Also if you watched the video in the WP article it would be more chaotic, loud, more pushback, etc. if they were forcing people as they portray in the article. IOW the atmosphere/mood doesn't line up with the narrative the WP is pushing. Their own article shows its very poorly sourced:

"The Washington Post has confirmed the raid, but could not independently verify the details he provided."

What a joke. More fake news for the sheep.

Last edited:

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
This ^^. Also if you watched the video in the WP article it would be more chaotic, loud, more pushback, etc. if they were forcing people as they portray in the article. IOW the atmosphere/mood doesn't line up with the narrative the WP is pushing. Their own article shows its very poorly sourced:

"The Washington Post has confirmed the raid, but could not independently verify the details he provided."

What a joke. More fake news for the sheep.

MOSCOW, Sept 29 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that "all mistakes" made in a call-up to reinforce Russia's military operation in Ukraine should be corrected, his first public acknowledgment that the "partial mobilisation" he announced last week had not gone smoothly.​
There have been widespread public expressions of discontent from officials and citizens over the way the mobilisation has been handled, including complaints about enlistment officers sending call-up papers to clearly ineligible men.​
Thousands of men have fled Russia to avoid a draft that was billed as enlisting those with military experience and required specialities but has often appeared oblivious to individuals' service record, health, student status or even age.​
Some 2,000 people have also been arrested at unsanctioned anti-war protests in over 30 towns and cities, and some of them promptly given call-up papers - something the Kremlin said was perfectly legal.​
"In the course of this mobilisation, many questions are coming up, and all mistakes must be corrected and prevented from happening in the future," Putin said.​
"For example, I'm thinking of fathers of many children, or people suffering from chronic diseases, or who those who are already past conscription age."​
Russia's announcement on Sept. 21 of its first public mobilisation since World War Two had even attracted criticism from the Kremlin's own official supporters, something almost unheard of in Russia since it sent its army into Ukraine seven months ago.​
"They're infuriating people, as if on purpose, as if out of spite. As if they'd been sent by Kyiv," the strongly pro-Kremlin editor of Russia's state-run RT news channel, Margarita Simonyan, said on Saturday.​
On Monday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov acknowledged that some call-ups had been issued in error, saying mistakes were being corrected by regional governors and the ministry of defence.​

Reactions: The Spin Meister

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
I'm not buying anything in this war. Too many lies on both sides and no reporters on the front lines.

Reactions: psuted

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
Well, I saw several pictures of hundred of men trying to escape Russia at the border. Did the Post or the Ukrainians fake those pictures? You guys believe anything Russia tell you. Does Moscow call you guys daily to explain why they are still winning the war?

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
Well, I saw several pictures of hundred of men trying to escape Russia at the border. Did the Post or the Ukrainians fake those pictures? You guys believe anything Russia tell you. Does Moscow call you guys daily to explain why they are still winning the war?
No we don't. Many here don't believe either side. You just constantly spew msm liberal bullsh&t. Then you make ridiculous statements that folks here support Russia. Did you ever learn to critically think? Did you ever learn to question things? We know for a fact thatphotos and videos have been doctored. For God's sake, it started early in the war with Ukraine claiming they fought off a Russian ship and died. Nope.

Last edited:

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
No we don't. Many here don't believe either side. You just constantly spew msm liberal bullsh&t. Then you make ridiculous statements that folks here support Russia. Did you ever learn to critically think? Did you ever learn to question things? We know for a fact thatphotos and videos have been doctored. For God's sake, it started early in the war with Ukraine claiming they fought off a Russian ship and died. Nope.

Well just the fact that Russia is still fighting Ukraine 8 months after the invasion pretty much tells you that Russia isn't doing so well. I mean most were predicting that Ukraine would only last a few weeks or less.

The performance of the Russian troops and equipment on the battlefield is not good. I suspect that this war is going put a serious dent in Russian military equipment sales in the future.

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
Well just the fact that Russia is still fighting Ukraine 8 months after the invasion pretty much tells you that Russia isn't doing so well. I mean most were predicting that Ukraine would only last a few weeks or less.

The performance of the Russian troops and equipment on the battlefield is not good. I suspect that this war is going put a serious dent in Russian military equipment sales in the future.
No it doesn't. We were 20 years in Afghanistan. 8 months? Lmao. How long were we in Vietnam?

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
No it doesn't. We were 20 years in Afghanistan. 8 months? Lmao. How long were we in Vietnam?

Ok then. Show me someone who predicted a long war before it started.

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010

Who predicted that? Our media...that's it. It's the information war.

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012

Ok then. Show me someone who predicted a long war before it started.
I don't care what people predict, why would I?