ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Scheffler arrested this morning at the PGA championship

My money is on the cop... being a complete douche and over reacting, and then embellishing his police report.
Yep, a chaotic scene…. Pedestrian killed, dark, rain, flashing lights everywhere…golfer that is always told he has a pass and just drive around traffic jams.

The cop yells stop….is window down? Radio on? Other people talking/giving orders? People in car talking to him?

Cop jumps on car and is dragged 10-20 yards…… if you hit the gas just as a cop jumps on the car how far will it go before you react to a strange event, get your foot off the accelerator, push on the brake, and the car actually stops?

Cop over reacted but can never admit it. So now he is playing the victim.

Yep, a chaotic scene…. Pedestrian killed, dark, rain, flashing lights everywhere…golfer that is always told he has a pass and just drive around traffic jams.

The cop yells stop….is window down? Radio on? Other people talking/giving orders? People in car talking to him?

Cop jumps on car and is dragged 10-20 yards…… if you hit the gas just as a cop jumps on the car how far will it go before you react to a strange event, get your foot off the accelerator, push on the brake, and the car actually stops?

Cop over reacted but can never admit it. So now he is playing the victim.
unfortunately, this happens all the time. Scottie is famous and rich. Good for him. But if it were Scottie Kawalski or Jackmerius Tacktheratrix (Key and Peele skit), they'd be sitting in lockdown waiting while the DA was planning the trail. There was only one reason for a felony count in this case and that was to jack it up to get the person charged to plea bargain.

Unfortunately, our legal system is not chock full of people with PhDs in common sense.

If Scottie wins and hosts the PGA Championship dinner next year

RHcTv9.gif

As of right now, the facts make it seem like this cop was completely out of line.

He jumped on his vehicle? Why would he need to do that? Absurd. And Scottie’s vehicle is marked as a participant in the tournament. Here in PGH, on a number of occasions, I have witness cars drive around traffic on the median and off ramp and be pulled over. This is a scenario where he should’ve been pulled over and max given a traffic violation.

Also, I have never heard of someone being charged and booked with a felony to then be released and back at the tournament a mere hour and a half later? Someone definitely stepped in and told the cops to cool it.

Scottie is mortal and I’m sure capable of making mistakes - but this guy has the reputation of being the nicest (and most boring lol) player on tour. This doesn’t add up.

Charges being tossed, if I had to guess. Scottie is all class, by the way.

Not to mention, he shot a 66 today? Incredible mental game.
yeah. I'd probably be in the fetal position, in the corner sucking my thumb. Or, I'd have been shot resisting. Truly one of the strangest sports stories of all time. What if Patrick Mahomes gets arrested on the way to the super bowl?

GNzfhCWXAAEhP6B

He needs to show up in an orange shirt the rest of the weekend. 😂
he shot a five-under, the second lowest of the day to Morikawa's -6. Really, one of the greatest feats of golf of all time IMHO. I simply don't know how you can go from arrested at 6 am, teeing off at 10:30, to -5 in the third round to be -9 and two off the lead for a major championship. Amazing.

he shot a five-under, the second lowest of the day to Morikawa's -6. Really, one of the greatest feats of golf of all time IMHO. I simply don't know how you can go from arrested at 6 am, teeing off at 10:30, to -5 in the third round to be -9 and two off the lead for a major championship. Amazing.
Completely agree. I’d love to see him pull this out - except Portnoy will be even more insufferable than he already is 😂 And did I hear correctly that his normal caddie isn’t there?

Reactions: Obliviax
Why was he even driving instead of his agent or someone else from his entourage?
I don’t think that’s his style. It’s what makes him so interesting, or boring for that matter. An incident like this - he’s the last player on tour I could see getting arrested.

Reactions: Obliviax
I don’t think that’s his style. It’s what makes him so interesting, or boring for that matter. An incident like this - he’s the last player on tour I could see getting arrested.
When he won the us open, his first major, his father hugged him and said something like “ I am proud of you for winning but more proud of the man you’ve become’. Quite a statement.

I am glad he still played and played well. If he wins then that is quite the story. His level of play right now is Tigeresque in his prime but maybe even more dominant if that is possible.

It’s likely this weekend’s ratings will go through the roof now. Especially if Scheffler is in serious contention. That ought to make the PGA happy in their battle with LIV. Imagine if Scheffler warmed up in an orange jump suit.

Reactions: NJPSU
It’s likely this weekend’s ratings will go through the roof now. Especially if Scheffler is in serious contention. That ought to make the PGA happy in their battle with LIV. Imagine if Scheffler warmed up in an orange jump suit.
He's so good he could shoot par with handcuffs on.

Reactions: bison13 and royboy
He's so good he could shoot par with handcuffs on.
Not much of an exaggeration maybe.

Remember what he did at the The Players Tournament, where he ended up winning despite a neck injury?

Injured Scottie Scheffler birdies last three holes to stay in contention at THE PLAYERS​

...Scheffler’s neck started bothering him early in his second round. On the 12th hole, his third of the day, he consulted with a rules official about receiving on-course medical care. Two holes later, he received a neck massage and manipulation from physical therapist Marnus Marais. Marais also worked on Scheffler before he teed off on Nos. 15 and 16, as well.

“Yesterday on (hole) 12 I'd say was probably the worst that I've felt, which is good,” Scheffler said after the third round. “I got some good treatment yesterday, good recovery last night, and I woke up feeling better today than I did yesterday.”

He had to take longer clubs for his approach shots and make easier swings because of the injury.

“It's very difficult to get the club back,” Scheffler said. “Curving the ball right-to-left with longer clubs is very difficult, just because I can't get fully turned back. Overall I'm just using my hands a lot, trying to hit shots. I would describe it as kind of slapping it around out there.”

How convenient: police say there is no body cam available.

I'm a law-and-order guy and pro-police, but I also know...and have personally seen...that when you give people authority in the form of a uniform or badge...or even in other professions where power is exercised...there will be a small percentage whose psychology and/or life experience incline them to abuse it.

Reactions: Hotshoe and bison13
How convenient: police say there is no body cam available.

I'm a law-and-order guy and pro-police, but I also know...and have personally seen...that when you give people authority in the form of a uniform or badge...or even in other professions where power is exercised...there will be a small percentage whose psychology and/or life experience incline them to abuse it.
My thought was that since they had the yellow vests on, it probably covered the camera. Just guessing.

My thought was that since they had the yellow vests on, it probably covered the camera. Just guessing.

Well the Mayor of Louisville claims the camera was not "turned on."

I guess that's more believable than the fairy tale told by the prison guards on the night Epstein committed "suicide," but it still amounts to the same thing: potentially decisive evidence mysteriously not available.

Very convenient for those in power, which is in part why I've gotten pretty cynical about those who rule over us. There was a time when my first inclination was to believe what they said. Not anymore.

They should let him go.

He is the #1 golfer in the world headed to a major TV event. Cooler heads should have prevailed. I get that the officers have a responsibility, especially with the threat of terrorism around us, but a simple conversation should have been had.

This is similar to the truck towing incident with PSU recently. The difference is that this is a police officer who has been called into duty and trained for a national event. At PSU is was a tow truck operator. The officer lost his cool and made the situation worse. I can assure you, unless Scottie did something that has yet to be disclosed, he'll be disciplined.
So stop everybody but let him go? I find it hard to believe anybody would advocate on here for that. There was a man lying dead there and SS needs to get into the club hours before tee time. Sorry but it was not an emergency. You were right about cooler heads though. Scotty should have cooled out and known better.

Well the Mayor of Louisville claims the camera was not "turned on."

I guess that's more believable than the fairy tale told by the prison guards on the night Epstein committed "suicide," but it still amounts to the same thing: potentially decisive evidence mysteriously not available.

Very convenient for those in power, which is in part why I've gotten pretty cynical about those who rule over us. There was a time when my first inclination was to believe what they said. Not anymore.
Scotty should have known better. It's indefensible. When cops have everything stopped its for a reason.

Scotty should have known better. It's indefensible. When cops have everything stopped its for a reason.
Say what? All events get major backups due to traffic. Golfers are always sent around. They don't wait for traffic to clear. That's specifically why they have credentials on their windshields.

Reactions: NJPSU
So stop everybody but let him go? I find it hard to believe anybody would advocate on here for that. There was a man lying dead there and SS needs to get into the club hours before tee time. Sorry but it was not an emergency. You were right about cooler heads though. Scotty should have cooled out and known better.
He wasn’t near the accident and other players were let around. Scottie contends another officer waved him through before this officer tried to stop him.

Lots of incorrect information going around. He’ll be let go, back on it. And BTW the ‘ no video evidence, no body camera’ is an old and tired police trick. They only happen to find it when it works for them

Say what? All events get major backups due to traffic. Golfers are always sent around. They don't wait for traffic to clear. That's specifically why they have credentials on their windshields.
Go to any event with traffic problems. The athletes/performers are always waved through. Nobody knew there was an accident other than the police on their radios. They had similar traffic problems the day before

Go to any event with traffic problems. The athletes/performers are always waved through. Nobody knew there was an accident other than the police on their radios. They had similar traffic problems the day before
Precisely.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT