ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Scheffler arrested this morning at the PGA championship

Scottie’s arraignment date moved back to June 3rd at the request of his lawyer. The original charges are still in tact, at this point. Would be nice to have some body cam footage to clarify what happened.

Reactions: Obliviax
Scottie’s arraignment date moved back to June 3rd at the request of his lawyer. The original charges are still in tact, at this point. Would be nice to have some body cam footage to clarify what happened.
My guess is that they have to have an arraignment where Scottie will have to plead in person. But he's got a full schedule. I am still shocked that they aren't just dropping the case. The longer this goes on, the worse they look.

Reactions: Jerry
From inside the hoosegow…..

shocking they haven't dropped this case and the DA acted like a DB today.

Scottie is backed by several high-profile companies (Rolex, Nike, etc.) and can even threaten the PGA by taking a LIV offer which would certainly be $600m+. For that the PGA, with their huge exposure to LIV, should be calling Valhalla, the city and state and telling them it will be a cold day in hell before the PGA schedules another event in that backwater town.

BTW, rumored that Victor Hovland is finalizing a LIV deal to leave the tour.

This could get ugly very, very quickly.

shocking they haven't dropped this case and the DA acted like a DB today.

Scottie is backed by several high-profile companies (Rolex, Nike, etc.) and can even threaten the PGA by taking a LIV offer which would certainly be $600m+. For that the PGA, with their huge exposure to LIV, should be calling Valhalla, the city and state and telling them it will be a cold day in hell before the PGA schedules another event in that backwater town.

BTW, rumored that Victor Hovland is finalizing a LIV deal to leave the tour.

This could get ugly very, very quickly.
I would absolutely hate to see Hovland go. I’m a big fan of his. I’ve tried to like LIV but I just can’t stand it. Losing really good talent to that debacle makes me want to vomit. The PGA has lost a lot of talent to LIV. It’s not just aging guys waiting around for the Champion’s tour anymore. And still being able to play in the majors hurts too. They just can’t compete with that kind of money. And every time I fill up I’m subsidizing it.

Reactions: Obliviax
I’m seeing a lot of articles about Rory McIlroy and his wife divorcing. And that he’s supposedly having an affair with Amanda Balionis of CBS. While reading all this I couldn’t help but wonder if Rory wants to get rid of his wife before he signs a 600 million dollar LIV deal. I can be such a cynic.

I’m seeing a lot of articles about Rory McIlroy and his wife divorcing. And that he’s supposedly having an affair with Amanda Balionis of CBS. While reading all this I couldn’t help but wonder if Rory wants to get rid of his wife before he signs a 600 million dollar LIV deal. I can be such a cynic.
A post to remember and see how it wears…..

I don’t think the police have much of a case here. Sure, perhaps Scheffler should have stopped but I’ll take his word that he was feeling late and confused as to who the person was and that he was just trying to go around like THE OTHER TOUR PLAYERS WERE PERMITTED. Maybe Scheffler should have questioned that cop why they couldn’t see he was a tour player. Moreover, if I were a top tour player I would be inclined to skip this event in the future.

The Police can be total douchebags, as we all know.

"What difference does it make if he is a police officer or a security guard"?

The cop asked this like three times.

It makes a big difference. And that's the player's point.

Some random security guy tells you to get out of the car, you drive off.

LdN

I don’t think the police have much of a case here. Sure, perhaps Scheffler should have stopped but I’ll take his word that he was feeling late and confused as to who the person was and that he was just trying to go around like THE OTHER TOUR PLAYERS WERE PERMITTED. Maybe Scheffler should have questioned that cop why they couldn’t see he was a tour player. Moreover, if I were a top tour player I would be inclined to skip this event in the future.
I agree but I've seen this with police and prosecutors all the time. Common sense should steer them but they just want to "get the win" and never admit they made a mistake. I can't fault the officer, directly, but it is clear it was a chaotic situation that was being made up as it went along resulting in a clear miscommunication. What are they trying to prove? Nothing, just "get the win".

I'd also be interested in what is going on with the Gov., mayor, PGA, and Valhalla management. With LIV breathing down the PGA's ass, they've got to be very cognizant of how their stars are handled. If I am the PGA, I would be calling Vahalla and saying it will be a cold day in hell when another event is scheduled at that course or in Kentucky.

I agree with you and believe Scottie’s story over the officer’s. He seems more credible to me.

The Police can be total douchebags, as we all know.

"What difference does it make if he is a police officer or a security guard"?

The cop asked this like three times.

It makes a big difference. And that's the player's point.

Some random security guy tells you to get out of the car, you drive off.

LdN
Yeah, if you can’t tell who the person is I would error on the side of caution and not get out of the car. I mean that’s something I advise my wife to do. By repeating that question multiple times I think it just reinforces Scottie’s position.

You can't argue with the police.

The dude he was talking to was there holding possible jail time over his head.

You argue then you're going for sure.

LdN

I agree but I've seen this with police and prosecutors all the time. Common sense should steer them but they just want to "get the win" and never admit they made a mistake. I can't fault the officer, directly, but it is clear it was a chaotic situation that was being made up as it went along resulting in a clear miscommunication. What are they trying to prove? Nothing, just "get the win".

I'd also be interested in what is going on with the Gov., mayor, PGA, and Valhalla management. With LIV breathing down the PGA's ass, they've got to be very cognizant of how their stars are handled. If I am the PGA, I would be calling Vahalla and saying it will be a cold day in hell when another event is scheduled at that course or in Kentucky.

Just saw this..have no idea how accurate it is.

GOxBHbTXMAAw_oI

I think this kind of closes this up. The officer is making reference to Scheffler's lawyer. The lawyer responded to a question that seemed to impune the integrity of Scheffler and the atty made it clear Scottie was wrongfully arrested.

GOx542LWoAAp_Tc

I was hoping Scheffler’s lawyer would take the Louisville police to court, for the sake of all the other citizens that have been screwed over by them. But that’s not who Scottie is….

Reactions: royboy
BTW, looks like Rory reconciled with his wife. They announced it today. Best of luck to them. I know they have at least one young child.

Reactions: jjw165
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT