ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Penn State to Big 12?

The only way this is real is if there is something happening behind the scenes and the BTN has collapsed

True but fun to think about

Also not out of the realm of possibility, all things considered.

But PSU/OSU/MI should be careful. Join up with TX/OK/NE and they are going to look out for themselves first. They won't give an inch to anyone. It's why Colorado and Missouri fans wanted out for years

Also not out of the realm of possibility, all things considered.

But PSU/OSU/MI should be careful. Join up with TX/OK/NE and they are going to look out for themselves first. They won't give an inch to anyone. It's why Colorado and Missouri fans wanted out for years
Yea but PSU, OSU and Mich are not Mizzou or Colorado. If those schools "would" go to the Big 12 now you have a SEC like confernce. Lots of history and heavy hitters with several teams who has won and expect to win national titles. Think of it here are fan bases who expect National titles

Texas
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Nebraska -yea I know but they do

They also aren't Texas or Oklahoma, which is all that's going to matter to that crowd.
I think that they sit at the big boy table with those two teams. The Big 12 would jump all over this and would play ball
1. To get Nebraska back
2. You pick up 3 Blue blood teams who brings $$$$$
3. Stick it to Texas A&M

I think that they sit at the big boy table with those two teams. The Big 12 would jump all over this and would play ball
1. To get Nebraska back
2. You pick up 3 Blue blood teams who brings $$$$$
3. Stick it to Texas A&M

Nobody sits at the table with them, that's the point. And even if you think you are sitting at the table, you aren't. They aren't going to change

Here is a better idea. Dump Rutgers. Add Oklahoma, Texas and Okie State.

B1G is then complete and better than SEC.

Of course, this happens when pigs fly.

Here is a better idea. Dump Rutgers. Add Oklahoma, Texas and Okie State.

B1G is then complete and better than SEC.

Of course, this happens when pigs fly.

Adding Texas is a plus. Oklahoma and Okie State are just two more mouths to feed.

I know this has been shot down but I swear reading Twitter is like taking stupid pills.

True but fun to think about

Even though this is all crazy talk, I am intrigued by the wrestling possibilities in that mix. I think as laid out by Sammyk the football is a winner, better than SEC. like Sammyk said I would enjoy a late October/November visit from Oklahoma and/or Texas much more that Rutgers/Maryland. One think to keep in mind no matter how crazy it may all seem, when this conference realignment stuff went crazy a few years back, I remember seeing tons of stuff about how badly Delaney was trying to get Texas. Maybe, this situation is just in reverse now, but as originally planned? Also, Art, I always appreciate your posts, but Oklahoma is more than another mouth to feed. ;) However, I agree with you about Air Mullet University.

Even though this is all crazy talk, I am intrigued by the wrestling possibilities in that mix. I think as laid out by Sammyk the football is a winner, better than SEC. like Sammyk said I would enjoy a late October/November visit from Oklahoma and/or Texas much more that Rutgers/Maryland. One think to keep in mind no matter how crazy it may all seem, when this conference realignment stuff went crazy a few years back, I remember seeing tons of stuff about how badly Delaney was trying to get Texas. Maybe, this situation is just in reverse now, but as originally planned? Also, Art, I always appreciate your posts, but Oklahoma is more than another mouth to feed. ;) However, I agree with you about Air Mullet University.

It's another mouth to feed. Notice how when the PAC 12, Big 10, and SEC poached the Big 12 no one made a run at Oklahoma?

When David Boren was President of OU he had major wood for joining the Big Ten. Couldn't get anyone to return his phone calls.

I think what you will see when the dust settles is a group of schools willing to play football. Not sure of how they would get out of conference TV deals but they could probably try and sell their own tv right to their seasons.

I think what you will see when the dust settles is a group of schools willing to play football. Not sure of how they would get out of conference TV deals but they could probably try and sell their own tv right to their seasons.

Teams that belong to at least three conferences (Big Te, Big 12, and ACC) no longer own their TV rights.

It's another mouth to feed. Notice how when the PAC 12, Big 10, and SEC poached the Big 12 no one made a run at Oklahoma?

When David Boren was President of OU he had major wood for joining the Big Ten. Couldn't get anyone to return his phone calls.

I do remember that, not sure of the exact conversation with/without Texas/or Kansas?I believe at the time Oklahoma was tied to the hip with Texas or Okie. State. Whatever the talk was. But we ended up with Rutgers/Maryland instead. Being that there was likely to be another team or two at that point, I think the average fan would prefer an Oklahoma and someone vs Rutgers/Maryland. TV execs especially.
Oklahoma vs Ohio State (one of the highest rated games of the season when Mayfield planted the flag)
Oklahoma/ Michigan
Oklahoma/Penn State
Oklahoma/Nebraska reborn....

Sure there are many reasons why NOT to include Oklahoma, but in reality they are one of College Football’s Blue Blood programs. Not so much Academics, basketball, CRC, Etc. From a college football fans perspective, boy would those be some fantastic Saturday Nights with a beer and pierogis.

The fact of the matter is that state politics tie Oklahoma State to Oklahoma e.g. the state legislature would kill any move that enhanced OU and left O-State out in the cold. You're kidding yourself if you think there's any conference that wouldn't take the Sooners in a heartbeat--their little brother, not so much.

Note Oklahoma's standing as college football's sixth most valuable team according to Forbes last year. Just another mouth to feed? Hardly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chriss...-most-valuable-clemson-texas-am/#182e68caa2e7

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT