ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: PSU Ice Hockey TV alert

NittPicker

Jun 30, 2001
Tonight at 7:00 on BTN. Check out the home opener for the defending B1G champions.....

Going tonight and tomorrow night. Really looking forward to it. It's a lot of fun.

3-1, PSU, in the 2nd period.

I'm watching the game on btn. They just said that Sucese is out for Penn State due to a "supplemental disciplinary decision" by the b1g. What does that mean?

3-1, PSU, in the 2nd period.

I'm watching the game on btn. They just said that Sucese is out for Penn State due to a "supplemental disciplinary decision" by the b1g. What does that mean?
Probably the player that had a game misconduct during the final seconds of last Sunday's game at Minnesota. One for PSU and one for Minnesota with less than 10 seconds left.

Crap. 7-4. aic with a short-handed goal. Lazy defense by Penn State.

7-4 now. The AI goal was pushed in. How the refs didn't see this after a video review is beyond me. And interference with the PS goalie on top of that.
That said, PS looked tired with the give-away in their own zone on their own PP.

Sloppy win. Seats were available for those who want to walk up and buy some. Fun time though. Looks like our team is still just figuring things out.

New interesting phenomenon with the ticket exchange. We could not make it Thursday so we posted our tix for sale, however, you could not post for less than $30 and they would not allow you to post a lower price!! Hmmm, many new ways to be greedy now. I would have posted for way lower but they have our $ now so they don't care!

New interesting phenomenon with the ticket exchange. We could not make it Thursday so we posted our tix for sale, however, you could not post for less than $30 and they would not allow you to post a lower price!! Hmmm, many new ways to be greedy now. I would have posted for way lower but they have our $ now so they don't care!
I wonder if they've made a deal with Ticketmaster that requires a higher mark-up?

I wonder if they've made a deal with Ticketmaster that requires a higher mark-up?

What I have heard was a decent amount of season tix holders were complaining that when they had to sell tix they could not even begin to recapture their money on OOC games because price basement was so low. In this particular case I will give Penn State the benefit of the doubt, which I often do not do.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Sloppy win. Seats were available for those who want to walk up and buy some. Fun time though. Looks like our team is still just figuring things out.

Concur. We need to clean up things before next week though when Michigan comes to town. Really would like to see the team get 6 pts next week in terms of conference standings.

Believe team also had tired legs. Played Sunday, did not get back in town until early Monday morning and then had to play last night. Think we will see the team look sharper tonight.

What I have heard was a decent amount of season tix holders were complaining that when they had to sell tix they could not even begin to recapture their money on OOC games because price basement was so low. In this particular case I will give Penn State the benefit of the doubt, which I often do not do.
If that's true, I don't follow the logic. Anyone who buys season tickets for any sport should realize some are more valuable than others. There's no guarantee they can be resold for the original purchase price. I've certainly eaten my fair share of tickets.

By not allowing season ticket holders to offer tickets for less than $30, PSU is ensuring more empty seats for OOC games. By allowing a lower listing price the tickets are more likely to be sold and the arena will have more people inside. The season ticket holder may not get the full purchase price back but at least they'd get something. Some would rather eat the tickets than sell then for less than face value. Yeah, that'll teach a lesson to PSU and Ticketmaster.

Reactions: rudedude
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT