ADVERTISEMENT

"Silent Settlement".

If one takes the time to truly analyze....

what went on here last Thursday, it provides a very good primer on just how evil the leadership of this University is (it goes far BEYOND simply inept and dysfunctional).

Great work - once again - by Ray Blehar. A must read.

wow good report, there is an interesting comment at the end, I dont

know what to make of it, but if true sounds explosive!!!

Re: wow good report, there is an interesting comment at the end, I dont

Someone outside the BWI Bubble might well conclude that the reason Penn State settled was because there is enough damning evidence in the Freeh Report documentation to make Penn State want to avoid further tort action and public humiliation.

I know it's an article of faith around here that there's not one scintilla of truth in the Freeh Report, and while many compelling questions have been raised about Freeh's conclusions, none of us really know what's in the interview files.

I find it interesting that not all plaintiffs received the same settlements. That would indicate to me that Penn State's lawyers and plaintiff's lawyers have a pretty good idea of what went wrong and when, and to what degree Penn State has liability for Sandusky's subsequent actions.

You are quite possibly correct, HOWEVER why wouldn't they share that info with the entire BoT? If the alumni BoT came out with a statement that said "we have reviewed all the reports and support the settlements" it would IMO quiet many of us.

well 7 BOT disagree with you, I think you answered you own question

no one knows what's in the Freeh interview files, including PSU's BOT!! as well as the plaintiffs!!! I can think of many reasons why differenet plaintiffs received differing amounts, including little things like the amount of time( or lack there of) spent with JS.

Originally posted by roswelllion:

. . . why wouldn't they share that info with the entire BoT? If the alumni BoT came out with a statement that said "we have reviewed all the reports and support the settlements" it would IMO quiet many of us.
I agree. Any trustee not serving on the Legal & Compliance Committee should have raised hell for being asked to discharge their fiduciary duty without access to confidential information concerning why Penn State should agree to these latest settlements.

But again, accepting the recommendation of the Legal committee demonstrates once more that (a) the BoT is too damn big (confidential information cannot be trusted to large groups) and (b) that the rest of the BoT simply doesn't trust the Alumni trustees to keep confidential information confidential. Not saying whether (b) is justified, just making the observation.

This post was edited on 4/13 11:15 AM by Evan Ceg

Originally posted by Evan Ceg:

I find it interesting that not all plaintiffs received the same settlements. That would indicate to me that Penn State's lawyers and plaintiff's lawyers have a pretty good idea of what went wrong and when, and to what degree Penn State has liability for Sandusky's subsequent actions.
More likely, the ones with bigger settlements are the ones with better lawyers.

The same comment appears at the end of a Ganim article...

in Penn Live about Gricar (anniversary in a few days). They're re-running 3 year old articles over there to whip up the Penn State hate train since there hasn't been anything horrifying in the last few days.

Someone outside the BWI Bubble might well conclude that the reason Penn State settled was because there is enough damning evidence in the Freeh Report documentation to make Penn State want to avoid further tort action and public humiliation.
Prople who are unaware that Chairman Masser is denying trustees access to Freeh's source materials might well conclude that.

That doesn't mean that they are correct.

I've never understood this logic

Originally posted by Aoshiro:

Prople who are unaware that Chairman Masser is denying trustees access to Freeh's source materials might well conclude that.

That doesn't mean that they are correct.
that the trustees are protecting the University because there is more damning information Freeh chose NOT to include in his report. that is ludicrous, considering the contortions Freeh went through to connect unconnected dots to IMPLICATE the 4 admins. and how much the trustees have crapped on Paterno since they "retired him early"

Because it's ridiculous. If they had anything on Paterno/PSU football

not only would it have been prominently featured in both the executive summary & report, it most assuredly would have been leaked it to CNN prior to its release.

Re: The same comment appears at the end of a Ganim article...

Originally posted by Victor E. Bell:
in Penn Live about Gricar (anniversary in a few days). They're re-running 3 year old articles over there to whip up the Penn State hate train since there hasn't been anything horrifying in the last few days.
Nothing new in 3 years = imbeciles who had nothing to begin with. Penn Live is a noted moron den.

Nothing new here. The problem with the cabal running the BOT is that if they think if they have the votes, they plain and simply don't believe they need to tell the rest of the board what they're doing.
It's a violation of the board's rules that require open conversation between trustees.It's a violation of the memorandum they sent the board saying any major post-Sandusky-related decisions would be brought to the full board.It's a violation of their fiduciary duites, as the entire purpose of the board is to seek input from the breadth of knowledge of the trustees.
It's disturbing. You plain and simply cannot run an organization this way. Even when the vote tallies are a foregone conclusion, not seeking input from the breadth of trustee knowledge on the board is a flagrant breach of the "trust" in a trusteeship.

The dictatorship running the board needs to be removed. I refuse to call them trustees anymore as they have forfeited that trust.

I wouldn't be thrilled, but would be comfortable with a board who discussed openly yet voted against my desires. But to have board leadership who refuses to even allow discussion is destructive to the institution we all hold dear.

Tom "The People's Champion" Wolf could clean out all of Corbett's BOT appointees but has hasn't and he won't. Another phony claiming to be for the people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT