ADVERTISEMENT

Slow day silly topic Part 2: What is your favorite graffiti?

God is love.
Love is blind.
Stevie Wonder is blind.
Stevie Wonder is God.

2487(Admiror_paries).jpg

Reactions: Leo Ridens
Found this quote in the tunnel underneath the intersection near Mifflin Hall back in 1968:

I think, therefore I am. - Descartes
To be is to do. - Plato
Scoobie doobie do. - Sinatra

My favorite was the Viva Don Knotts! graffiti campaign by the Army of Steve all around Happy Valley in the late 1990s.

For those of us who have never been to Latin America, can we have a translation?

Something like this:

I'm astonished, wall, that you haven't fallen into ruins, you who bear the tedious scribblings of so many writers.

It's from the Basilica at Pompeii. Pompeii and Herculaneum ended up being good sources of graffiti.

Saw this scratched onto the greenhouses that were near East Halls at one time: "In NJ, we can make milk come out of our noses." 35 years later, still makes me laugh.

I can't believe I'm posting this 42 years after I read this in a bathroom stall at Neshaminy HS, but I guess I got it memorized for a reason.

It's in two parts.

"Some come here to sit and shit.
Some come here, a smoke they lit.
Some come here to sit and wait,
But I came here to masturbate!"

And below this, in a different hand,
"Welcome to the club."

The last line, classic.

Last edited:
Years ago a local high school had a sign out front with the following written in black letter (white background)...

"Tonight's production of 'All Hands on Deck' begins at 7pm".

Someone took white spray paint and turned the 'E' in Deck into an 'I'.

Genius

Reactions: malanoce
Years ago a local high school had a sign out front with the following written in black letter (white background)...

"Tonight's production of 'All Hands on Deck' begins at 7pm".

Someone took white spray paint and turned the 'E' in Deck into an 'I'.

Genius

In Lancaster there was a Chinese/varied oriental place. They closed but left up the sign "Bangkok Businessman's Lunch" which was quickly changed to Big C--- Businessman's Lunch. They had to work at a fast food place, because I don't know where they got the missing letters. It was up there for weeks. Finally someone bought the place and tore it down. It became outlet stores.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT