ADVERTISEMENT

So impressed with Drew's pocket presence and mobility in the pocket.

Far more athletic than I thought he was. Not only does he extend plays well with his feet, but his downfield vision is exceptional.
His mobility within the pocket is great. That doesn’t mean I want to see him running QB draws and taking shots to the head regularly. Especially in a game against UD.

Far more athletic than I thought he was. Not only does he extend plays well with his feet, but his downfield vision is exceptional.
He’s exceeded every expectation that I had for him so far, although I want to see how he handles starting on the road for the first time. If he’s coached properly, I definitely can see him leading this program to a Big 10 Championship or two and the playoffs; it appears as if he has a presence about him that we’ve seen with qbs at places that have won National Championships.

True that - I should have added that his accuracy throwing on the move is incredible.

This is one of the things that separates Allar from other QBs we have had. We've had great pocket passers and dual threats, but no one that seems to have the same feel for the entire field while making accurate throws on the run. Should be fun to watch.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
And goes through his progressions as the play develops, even if he is on the move. I recall seeing plays where Allar went to his 4th option and delivered

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Agree 100% but let's see how he holds up against better defenses.

Trace was pretty good at extending plays too, but he didn’t have Drew’s arm. That’s a dangerous combination.

I'd pump the brakes a little, he hasn't faced much of a pass rush yet. But I agree there isn't anything not to like about the guy. He is surprisingly light on his feet, he uses his height very skillfully to see the field, and he has a very high football IQ and reads defenses. I'm not a judge of this, but it appears to me that his release time is very short. He looks like an older player out there, not a kid.

I know it's a bit premature, but kind of reminds me of a young Ben Roethlisberger 🤔... lol no pressure kid. 😅

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT