ADVERTISEMENT

So Indiana is looking an opponent on 5 days notice?

Thus Spoke Mainer

Mar 6, 2012
Fla. International is not coming Saturday. They are looking for a lower division opponent.
Is Thiel available?

Tough spot for them since no opponent will limit their ability to become bowl eligible. They certainly could be good enough to get six wins regardless but strange things can sometimes happen. Maybe the NCAA will grant them a waiver if need be.

Supposedly they're talking about a game on 7-October with South Florida.

Which is kind of bizarre .... this FIU series came about after IU cancelled a series with South Florida.

Grove City? Otterbein? Lock Haven? Oberlin? Marietta? Clarion? Wittenberg? Mt. Union?

Couldn't these teams outside of Florida who have had games cancelled call each other and work out something? I know that if Indiana was supposed to have a home game, it's a huge swing to all of a sudden have to travel and lose the revenue and eat the travel costs. If there were some teams traveling to Florida, however, couldn't they now travel to Indiana?

I think they got Charleston Southern (?) as a replacement. I was hoping for Slippery Rock. ;)

Couldn't these teams outside of Florida who have had games cancelled call each other and work out something? I know that if Indiana was supposed to have a home game, it's a huge swing to all of a sudden have to travel and lose the revenue and eat the travel costs. If there were some teams traveling to Florida, however, couldn't they now travel to Indiana?
Yup. And, that is exactly what happened. Charleston Southern's game with South Carolina State was cancelled due to Irma concerns. So, now it will be Indiana hosting Charleston Southern on 10/7. Charleston Southern was pretty good last year.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Fla. International is not coming Saturday. They are looking for a lower division opponent.
Is Thiel available?
That is FIU's highest P5 opponent I believe. My wife's cousin is the OC at FIU. Found out over the holidays he interviewed with OB prior to his second year at PSU but declined because he knew he had no interest in sticking around. He also coached with Shoop at Columbia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT