ADVERTISEMENT

So Rick Neuheisel picks San Diego State over PSU

These types of predictions will continue until it becomes clear that PSU will not be beaten by the SDSU's of the world. Temple and RU fans are convinced they are going to win and I don't mean just the usual fan bravado.

EVERY "expert" and fans of other teams (including us) are waiting on the OL !!!!!
Who knows what we will have? If anything like last year, we will, once again be in for a LONG YEAR !!!

Truth be told, we are not good enough to LOOK past ANY team. That being said, we will be a two touchdown favorite. If we are 3-0, as we should be, hopefully we will NOT take them lightly.
But, we were a two touchdown favorite last year over NW.

Few could run against our defense last year. DTs will do their job and our LBs should be solid. So, I don't expect that too change, especially with safeties who can help shut down the run. The question with SDS is whether their QB can throw the ball. Apparently, they have a former SEC QB who is good, so should be a good test for our defense and their defense should be a good test for our offense. I expect the OL to improve and Hack to be much better. We have a lot of weapons. If Hack has time, he will pick apart defenses this year, especially if we have a decent running game. I am excited about this year and even more so next year if Hack stays. Like our OL, we have questions about our special teams, but outside of placekicking, we can only improve this year. The only I don't like is our out of conference scheduling, but I predict 9 and if things break right 10 wins..

They are a decent team, and played Boise State close last year. I like our chances at home, but I don't expect it to be a pushover game.

And just what the hell does Rick know about our team? Nothing. He read Lindy's and started spouting.

Fox prediction: PAIN. We hammer them. I think there is going to be a fair amount of hammering going on this fall.

Reactions: BBrown
We have one of the best front 7's in the country and they have no QB. Easy win.

My wife went to SDSU. Been married 15 years. She is also a Charger fan...me....Raiders...been a rough last 10 years in the bragging dept. Need this win bad for my pride alone

When did we ever not lose or just scrape by a team we should have handled easily, in any season? It's college football, you never know. Just pray it's not against some rude, obnoxious, loud mouth, low class, fan base school. If we add teams with coaches of the same ilk, there are more than one of either on the schedule. Just winning the games we are favored to win is not a given. The cavalry is coming, but not all here or experienced yet. We are vulnerable.

Heard it today on XM91. No, he was not at the Skeller.
I see what you did here, but that being said.....

As much as I love PSU, I'd take San Diego State in a HEART BEAT! I lived deep in the Whale's Vagina and there isn't a better city in the country. And the "scenery" at SD St? As good as PSU can be, it doesn't compare.

Heard it today on XM91. No, he was not at the Skeller.

Full context of Neuheisel's comments - a couple of weeks ago he and Childers were previewing PSU's schedule and making predictions. Childers sees 9-3 and Neuheisel sees 7-5 based almost entirely on the OL uncertainty. He thinks SDSU is going to give either PSU or Cal an upset and picking them over PSU is not as much a shot at PSU as a compliment to SDSU.

SDSU should be a solid mid major and we know from past experiences with the top of the MAC that they can cause a lot of problems if taken too lightly. My hope is this game gets set for a noon kickoff since the left coast teams usually struggle with this.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I think the "jet lag" angle is mostly a myth. A good night's sleep cures that quickly, especially when you're young and healthy, like a college football player. If SDSU loses, it will be because the better team kicked their butts!

As much as I love PSU, I'd take San Diego State in a HEART BEAT! I lived deep in the Whale's Vagina and there isn't a better city in the country. And the "scenery" at SD St? As good as PSU can be, it doesn't compare.[/QUOTE]

Wow, and you were able to see that from "deep in the Whale's vagiva"?
That's impressive.

I think the "jet lag" angle is mostly a myth. A good night's sleep cures that quickly, especially when you're young and healthy, like a college football player. If SDSU loses, it will be because the better team kicked their butts!

Not so sure I agree. I traveled to Italy from PA for four weeks recently and never did get my sleep pattern straightened out. I am relatively healthy but not nearly as young as these players, so maybe that will be the difference for them. But a 7:00 am (local time) wake up call the day of the game will seem like 4:00 am to them. Gotta think that will be a challenge.

OK !!!! Franklin is BUILDING a team like the teams we had in the distant past. During those years we beat a team like SDS by 20-30 points easily. In short, how would SDS do against OSU ? At one time WE were THAT good !!!

I think we will be pretty good this year and better next year and going forward. It is all about "quality" depth :)

I like this. Hell, let everyone pick SDSU over PSU. Let our boys play with a chip on their shoulders.

Not so sure I agree. I traveled to Italy from PA for four weeks recently and never did get my sleep pattern straightened out. I am relatively healthy but not nearly as young as these players, so maybe that will be the difference for them. But a 7:00 am (local time) wake up call the day of the game will seem like 4:00 am to them. Gotta think that will be a challenge.

6 hour difference between here and Italy. Only 3 between here and the left coast.

As much as I love PSU, I'd take San Diego State in a HEART BEAT! I lived deep in the Whale's Vagina and there isn't a better city in the country. And the "scenery" at SD St? As good as PSU can be, it doesn't compare.

Their coeds don't play the game.....

6 hour difference between here and Italy. Only 3 between here and the left coast.

I'm in agreement with Madsol. Its not 6 hours but 3 is pretty significant. Even pros mention it and I bet they get more rest during the week than students do.
But then we sometimes don't play that well at noon either so maybe its a push.;)

have to agree........Oregon state struggled mightily in 08 , a highly touted ASU squad in 99 , etc......there is definitely something about coming east and essentially playing at 9am

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT