ADVERTISEMENT

2025 NFL Mock Draft

PSUNYGNYY

Jul 15, 2018
Looking at multiple 2025 NFL Mock drafts to see what PSU players are projected 1st round picks and was surprised to see Drew Allar is listed as a 1st round pick in every one of them and as high as #8. DDS was also listed as 1st round pick, which is not a surprise at all to me. The other surprise was Nick Singleton listed as a late first round pick in one mock draft. Hard to believe Allar is rated so high when he’s already been benched for Pribula and Singleton who got slower and has no vision are projected as first round picks. Go figure!

• Haha
Reactions: dswartz
these mock drafts multiple years out are meaningless. I can remember mock drafts that had Hackenberg, Morelli and Zach Mills as really high picks
It’s actually only one year out. Hack I remember being mentioned as a 1st round pick after 2014 and a great performance in the Pinstripe Bowl, but he really shat the bed in 2015 as was still a second round pick. I don’t remember Mills or Morelli ever being mentioned as a 1st round pick or anything close. To me DDS looks like a sure 1st round pick with Carter probably as well although he had a down year this past season.

Reactions: GregInPitt
It’s actually only one year out. Hack I remember being mentioned as a 1st round pick after 2014 and a great performance in the Pinstripe Bowl, but he really shat the bed in 2015 as was still a second round pick. I don’t remember Mills or Morelli ever being mentioned as a 1st round pick or anything close. To me DDS looks like a sure 1st round pick with Carter probably as well although he had a down year this past season.
Yep, I'm hoping Carter can get healthy and get a little more of the super quickness back that he showed as a true freshman. If he does he might make an NFL team a nice Micah clone......

And he may make the plays in the 2024 season 4th quarters that helps PSU beat some teams we aren't used to them beating.....

these mock drafts multiple years out are meaningless. I can remember mock drafts that had Hackenberg, Morelli and Zach Mills as really high picks
Out of those three, Mills was the best until his shoulder was damaged. Even before that he didn't have NFL arm strength. He was such fun to watch before the injury. His QB handoff fakes were outstanding, accurate on short to medium throws, threw a catchable ball, and was an elusive runner.

Out of those three, Mills was the best until his shoulder was damaged. Even before that he didn't have NFL arm strength. He was such fun to watch before the injury. His QB handoff fakes were outstanding, accurate on short to medium throws, threw a catchable ball, and was an elusive runner.
Mills was awesome in 2002 and had a lot of talent around him. that was another hugely disappointing season (lost 4 games with 4 first round picks). Mills tended to get hit all the time on those fake handoff plays. It was like he thought that was how they had to work. eventually he got hurt

Looking at multiple 2025 NFL Mock drafts to see what PSU players are projected 1st round picks and was surprised to see Drew Allar is listed as a 1st round pick in every one of them and as high as #8. DDS was also listed as 1st round pick, which is not a surprise at all to me. The other surprise was Nick Singleton listed as a late first round pick in one mock draft. Hard to believe Allar is rated so high when he’s already been benched for Pribula and Singleton who got slower and has no vision are projected as first round picks. Go figure!
Singleton can be a Bijan type in the NFL. Not a pure back but lined up in the slot and returning kicks. Plus get him 10-12 carries. Those of us that criticize him and want Allen to get more carries all talk about his athleticism and play-making ability. He's just not a pure back.

Allar is a day 2 lock next year and likely a first round pick. See Hackenberg. Allar can make every throw and looks the part. There's not an NFL coach that won't want to try to fix the damage caused by Franklin and is staff. Though hopefully it's fixed this year and he's a top 5 overall pick.

I’m glad you mentioned the handoff fakes…he was a master at that, but then later in his career he stopped. I never understood why they stopped him from doing that and that wouldn’t have had anything to do with his injury.

Reactions: 81b&w
When was Allar benched for Pribula? Putting Pribula in for a couple plays isn’t benching Allar. What a clown post.

It's just people disliking Allar for no reason
Probably, but Allar was a head scratcher last year. You can see that the talent is there......just a matter of the coaching staff bringing it out. He did make some glaring mistakes but he was a 1st year starter. Only place to go from here is up

Reactions: dswartz
When was Allar benched for Pribula? Putting Pribula in for a couple plays isn’t benching Allar. What a clown post.
I guess my sarcasm went undetected. I was joking about the prior post that Pribula needs to start next year and the multiple comments that Singleton got slower. Allar gets a lot of criticism for a kid that is projected as a 1st round pick. My post was TIC.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Probably, but Allar was a head scratcher last year. You can see that the talent is there......just a matter of the coaching staff bringing it out. He did make some glaring mistakes but he was a 1st year starter. Only place to go from here is up
He really wasn't. He was trained to play uber-conservative because of our defense and he had WRs that couldn't remember plays or run routes. Allar wasn't our problem. Same thing with Ohio State's issue not being McCord.

Reactions: maxoscar
He really wasn't. He was trained to play uber-conservative because of our defense and he had WRs that couldn't remember plays or run routes. Allar wasn't our problem. Same thing with Ohio State's issue not being McCord.
OSU's problem was obvious ----- their putrid OL

Reactions: LandoComando
Yep, I'm hoping Carter can get healthy and get a little more of the super quickness back that he showed as a true freshman. If he does he might make an NFL team a nice Micah clone......

And he may make the plays in the 2024 season 4th quarters that helps PSU beat some teams we aren't used to them beating.....
Carter looked pretty good in bowl game and showed flashes until he got dinged up. Expecting things next year

Zach Mills? I understand Morelli and Hackenburg since they were big armed guys who were 5-star recruits. But it was obvious to everyone that Mills was a weak armed guy who put up decent stats throwing jump balls to Bryant Johnson his first two years.

After the NYC bowl game versus Boston College, Christian Hackenberg was being projected as the #1 pick when he became draft eligible by multiple sources.
Part of life these days is sorting through what is content driven and what is reality. This is a challenge for much of the population and many aren't real good at it.
Get this, politicians know this too!

Reactions: The Spin Meister
After the NYC bowl game versus Boston College, Christian Hackenberg was being projected as the #1 pick when he became draft eligible by multiple sources.
Part of life these days is sorting through what is content driven and what is reality. This is a challenge for much of the population and many aren't real good at it.
Get this, politicians know this too!
After that season, he should have been projected that high in 2 seasons. His development stunted and he still went in the 2nd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT