ADVERTISEMENT

So what is Clifford's injury?

LionsandBear

Dec 7, 2009
Doesn't look like a concussion. He's walking the sidelines. Ribs?

If nothing is broken or torn, he needed to be out there. That's what leaders do when the team needs you. I'm sick over this loss. We were far better than Iowa. They won on an injury. Sux!

I didn't like the way he landed out of bounds against Indiana last week, got up dinged.

Not sure, saw him walking in before the half grabbing his lower back, had his right arm wrapped after he came back out. When he went down he braced with left arm and seems to jam that
Could be lots of things. Ugh
Yes it could
The clavicle was my first thought
Then ribs
But I went back to clavicle

either way I’m not seeing him come back quickly

If it’s broken ribs it’s very difficult to even breathe let alone raise your arm to throw a football. Sure the kid would have played if he could have gone back into the game. Plus the doctors ruling takes precedence in today’s football.

If he has broken ribs (it's either that or bruised ribs), he couldn't play football regardless of what this douche is saying. Like you say, it hurts to breathe because it raises your rib cage, let alone throw a football. I bruised my sternum in HS wrestling (at practice) - one of the most painful things I've ever done. Hurt to breathe.... hurt if I turned my body at all either direction.... hurt if I moved quickly..... etc....

You're an idiot. Team dr makes the call.

Chill. No need to act a fool. What I said stands. Yes, the Medical staff makes the call but if tests reveal no significant injury, do you really think they tell him he can't go out there and play in th he biggest game of the year?

If nothing is broken or torn, he needed to be out there. That's what leaders do when the team needs you. I'm sick over this loss. We were far better than Iowa. They won on an injury. Sux!
My first thought was a ruptured spleen, then ribs.

the hit seems too high and not hard enough to be ribs. clearly not a head issue.

left elbow or knee would be possible but i didnt see him limping and its not his throwing arm so i think hed persevere with a gimpy left elbow or bruised knee. maybe left hip but i didnt see him limping around. collarbone and ribs are extremely painful and sorta possible but i didnt see any grimacing or limp arms on the sidelines. i really cant figure out what it could be.
regardless, most disappointing thing to me was that he didnt seem to be very encouraging or helpful to roberson. please correct me if you saw it because i have really liked clifford overall up to this point.

Reactions: grinagrin
He was walking into the tunnel before the half with his hand on his right lower back as if it was hurting.
It could be one of several things.
Sean being Sean, he will want to return ASAP, I’m sure.

My guess is a partial dislocation of his non throwing shoulder. Second is concision.
concussion is impossible there. maybe it happened earlier. do we have any video of him walking around with a limp arm that would indicate a non throwing shoulder issue?

I don’t think it‘s a clavicle. I’ve broke both of mine racing motorcycles. A tell tale sign is holding your arm against your side With your elbow bent at 90 degrees. When he was walking to the locker room his left arm was straight down. You don’t do that when your clavicle is broken.
This! I’ve broken mine a few times and I can tell you, you will hold your wing tight to your side at a 90 degree angle and not move it.

Reactions: SBuxton320
the hit seems too high and not hard enough to be ribs. clearly not a head issue.

left elbow or knee would be possible but i didnt see him limping and its not his throwing arm so i think hed persevere with a gimpy left elbow or bruised knee. maybe left hip but i didnt see him limping around. collarbone and ribs are extremely painful and sorta possible but i didnt see any grimacing or limp arms on the sidelines. i really cant figure out what it could be.
regardless, most disappointing thing to me was that he didnt seem to be very encouraging or helpful to roberson. please correct me if you saw it because i have really liked clifford overall up to this point.
You are full of you know what. My god

• Haha
Reactions: sfo-psu and TheGLOV

Disagree that it was too high to be ribs. The injury likely occurred when they contacted the ground. The Iowa defender is directly on top of him upper body to upper body.... the bottom of your rib cage is most vulnerable to flexing as it has the longest bones and least support/strength. The weight of Iowa player being directly on top of Cliff's entire chest as they impact ground could easily do it.

Reactions: SBuxton320
You are full of you know what. My god
That's true, but I'm just trying to ID it since franklin will never let us know. I don't see a rib injury collision. usually thats violent helmet to lower or mid ribs. I didn't see gimpy shoulder on the sideline that would mean elbow or shoulder which are both possible there. I didn't see the limping that a knee or hip would cause. There's no helmet contact that would cause an issue. Clifford's not a weak kid, it wouldn't surprise me if it was an earlier concussion that he just played through which was detected in the locker room. That's probably best case scenario since it would mean he's probably back in two weeks. Could also be an earlier bruised rib injury that this could have reaggravated which would mean maybe he's back in 3 weeks. Show me the video clip that tells you a different story.

Last edited:
I don’t think it‘s a clavicle. I’ve broke both of mine racing motorcycles. A tell tale sign is holding your arm against your side With your elbow bent at 90 degrees. When he was walking to the locker room his left arm was straight down. You don’t do that when your clavicle is broken.
when I broke mine I was in a sling for 6 weeks. That was a long time ago so maybe things have changed since then

yea ive broken that one too, i can promise thats not it. could be a different shoulder injury though.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
You actually think he chose not to play?

If it wasn't a concussion and nothing is broken or torn, then it was his choice.
Good Lord give Sean a break. It is not your body, but his. Better Sean recover "NOW" before we engage with UM and OSU.
TABLET running out of gas...good night.

you’re ridiculous, in these times you do not risk a youngster’s health and welfare in a game especially if it is contrary to the physicians advice.

I quite…is there anyone with common sense out there. People think these kids are expendable, they are not…..they belong to a mother and father out there that have entrusted the kids welfare to the university and coaches

Last edited:
You're an idiot. Team dr makes the call.
For someone to imply otherwise is dumb. We've all heard stories over the past couple years of coaches at some schools pushing for injured players to play against the doctor's recommendation. As you wrote, the doc has the final word......

Reactions: PSU&Trout
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT