ADVERTISEMENT

So who ya got, Eagles or Vikings?

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
Two very good defenses matching up here. I think the Eagles have a bit of an edge playing at home. I don't really care who wins, just that the winner beats the Patriots in the SB.

Who do you think will win?.

Weather won’t be a factor. It’ll be cloudy and relatively warm in the high 30s/ low 40s. It should be a close game. Hopefully Philly gets the lead and uses the crowd to help hold on late.

Last edited:
Sharp money has come in on the Eagles at +3.5 and again at +3.
I'm just not getting this betting line. The Eagles had the better record, no? They are at home, and have a great defense. It must all be about the odds makers' lack of faith in Nick Foles.

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

In a replay of last week, Sam Bradford will replace the injured Vikings QB and fail on 4th down in the red zone as time expires and a jubilant Linc goes crazy. In the aftermath, three will be arrested for assaulting police horses and dogs.

Fly Eagles Fly!!!!!

I'm just not getting this betting line. The Eagles had the better record, no? They are at home, and have a great defense. It must all be about the odds makers' lack of faith in Nick Foles.

Grant is more tuned in to the odds, where the money is flowing, etc. in games than I'll ever be. With that said, I think the odds are being set on a combo of lack of faith in Foles, and concern about the Birds' run game going against the Vikings. Foles isn't a bad thrower. Alas, he's just not close to Wentz. As for the matchup of the Eagles' run game against the Viking's run defense, I think the Birds will do better than the odds makers seem to think.

This should be an easy standout star selection. If the Eagles win, one huge reason will be the play of Nelson Agholor. This is the matchup that the Eagles must take full advantage of. The Vikes had big issues with slot receiver match up last week. This is where the Eagles need to make hay this week as well.

If Wiz plays the whole game Birds win!! Will run the ball right down their throats!

Tom pretty much got it. people saw nick foles look horrible vs the raiders on snf and down graded the eagles too much. in general people unknowingly give star players too much value when they get injured.

Also, remember that the oddsmakers set the opening lines but the market determines where it goes from there. It's the betting public that has no faith in foles (well, except for the sharp bettors).

This line started at 3.5 and the books really don't want to move it to 2.5 for fear of getting middled. Will be interesting to how much the juice increases.

Reactions: PSUoh90
FLY. EAGLES. FLY. :eek:

Seriously, I think Foles will have a tough day against the Vikings defense. Vikings win.

Wait, I thought the Eagles were playing the Saints.

Guess the Saints thought so too!

The Vikings stole one, they won’t steal another.

G O

E A G L E S !

Reactions: The Shelter
As of now the lines indicate Eagles in a close one and a Patriots blowout. Still 3 days to go though.
I believe the smart money came in early on the jags. Line has moved to 7 but that is mostly due to the hand injury. I got a Jax super bowl ticket that pays 35 to 1. Go jags!

I intend to root for a certain avian-related team, but I’m afraid to overtly do so out of fear that I might be the cause of their defeat.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
I honestly think the eagles likes game is a toss up. Eagles are playing with house money right now anyway, so i'm happy with making the NFCCG. I'm cool with people continuing to doubt this eagles team though. this D plays well with a chip on its shoulder. Just think about it, if it weren't for a muffed punt return, there's a good chance that the eagles hold the falcons to 3 points. that's matt ryan, julio jones and devonta freeman to 3 points....

Vikes are a crazy good D but i think their O isn't nearly as good as people give them credit for. They've played 2 teams in the top 10 for team defense (yards per game) all year (carolina - 7, chicago - 10) and I can promise you that the vikings haven't played a front 4 like they're gonna see sunday. MAYBE the rams, but they're not nearly as deep as the eagles. but house money.... i'm just happy we made it to the NFCCG, ESPECIALLY with all the injuries we had this year. i mean come on, add JP, jordan hicks, chris maragos, carson wentz... I think the eagles, rams and vikings (healthy dalvin cook??!?!!?) are gonna be the class of the NFC for a while.

and you can count me in for the jags beating the pats. They have the D to be able to do it. I think the only way the pats win is if Gronk has a monster, and i mean MONSTER game. Only thing that worries me is belichek always selling out to stop the opponents #1 weapon, so bortles might have to win this one himself, but I think he'll be able to do it.

I don't trust the Vikings offense and their line on the road. Keenum has been sacked 10 more times on the road than he has at home (16 vs 6) and has 5 of his 7 total INTs come in road games this year. He may have more yards and TDs on the road this year, but he also has almost 40 more attempts in road games, and the Vikings have .4 yds/game less rushing on the road than at home. This all suggests that the OL struggles on the road with crowd noise forcing Keenum to have to throw more, and against the pass rush of the Eagles I think this is a very favorable matchup for the Eagles and will be the difference. Eagles outright.

Grew up an Eagles fan, but after living in MN the last 20 years, hoping for a Vikings victory. Wife is heading to the game as her Lancaster-based company has a box at the Linc and she and some MN customers were invited...that being said, I think the Eagles very well might pull this one out.....tough and underrated defense, challenging crowd, and Foles surp

interesting stat: I was watching PFT this morning, and simms said something to the effect of the Vikings having 2/3 of their sacks on the season in the first half of the season. Lead him to realize that the Vikings D line, while very good, only goes 5 or so deep and they wear down over the course of the game. a few long drives will wear them out quick. Conversely, the eagles DL goes what, 7-8 deep? I really think this is gonna be a good game...

Can the Vikings get an Eagles DB to dive blindly and take out other defenders on key pass plays? They seem to think their success with that play was based on something they did rather than simply their good fortune of having an idiot on the other team. If they can use such "skill" against the Eagles, it will be hard to stop them. I'll be rooting for the Iggles (no, they are not my team) but sadly, I'll predict Vikings 17-16.

Last edited:
I know little about either team and so I am fully qualified to make a prediction. For all the Philadelphia fans on this board, I hope the Eagles win, but I say the Vikings prevail 38-30.

I got Penn State. In the Fiesta Bowl.

But want the Vikings to win just to mock the Iggles fans. But if the Iggles win I wont jump on the bandwagon.
You have the absolute best pictures. Yes, you get two thumbs up.

I think Philadelphia wins this game. The Philly defense is more physical and believe it or not I think Foles can lead this offense to a low scoring victory. Now if Jacksonville can upset New England we'll have a new Super Bowl winner. JMHO

I believe Tom Brady has more Super Bowl wins than the other three remaining playoff quarterbacks have playoff victories.

If New England doesn't win the SB, a city that has never won a SB will win their first Lombardi trophy. That would be a good thing.

Cleveland remains the only NFL city to have never participated in nor hosted a Super Bowl. They should have built a retractable- domed stadium.

I’d like the birds to win it, but Minn has the better quarterback. I like Foles as a backup, but don’t like the matchup. He must remain turnover free but will he? Minn 17, Philadelphia 13

I’d like the birds to win it, but Minn has the better quarterback. I like Foles as a backup, but don’t like the matchup. He must remain turnover free but will he? Minn 17, Philadelphia 13

Why is Keenum a better QB? Stat wise, they are both pretty similar. Started and played in similar number of games. Keenum is essentially a back up as well.
Turnovers? Keenum TD/INT - 46/27
Foles is 61/29

Considering that Keenum is playing outdoors and in a hostile environment, I think he is more at risk of committing turnovers.

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
Why is Keenum a better QB? Stat wise, they are both pretty similar. Started and played in similar number of games. Keenum is essentially a back up as well.
Turnovers? Keenum TD/INT - 46/27
Foles is 61/29

Considering that Keenum is playing outdoors and in a hostile environment, I think he is more at risk of committing turnovers.
Your weather-influenced wagering philosophy should prove true in this game. Further, Keenam is a “southern-weather” QB. I just don’t see him doing well at Lincoln Field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT