ADVERTISEMENT

So Willie heading back to Easton

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
i guess our Lehigh Valley spies do have a good handle on local real estate transactions.

Wonder what’s up. Smalls103 - care to comment?

And then I keep heading west, and hit Yocco's Hot Dogs in Allentown?

And then I keep heading west, and hit Yocco's Hot Dogs in Allentown?
I thought about blaming Yocco's for this. But Jimmy's Hot Dogs is really close to Easton HS. I stopped there after an indoor soccer tournament my daughter was in. Simple dogs: Hot Dog, Bun, 1/4 pickle and onions. Very good.
As for Pete's another soccer story, my kids played in the Lehigh Valley summer league twice a week at least one night we'd stop and feast at Pete's.

Damn kids all grew up.

First of all - Richard's Hot Dogs (aka Greasy Dick's) are the best globally. look it up.

Secontivly - Cael gave me a secret position to scout and lock down the eastern seaboard.

Tertiarily - i'm gonna explain when i get back. i'll do a short vid or something. In Virginia now. 7 hrs to go till i reach the Motherland.

Welcome back. If you're working the NJ recruiting, stop in my favorite, Johnny's Hot Dog off Rt.46 outside of Belvedere.
If you want to upgrade from Hotdogs ,we could a have a few brews and Cheese Steak at Deitzis. I could tell you about an ex local wrestling star and the bombshell that he just became aware of. Probably will become more than a wrestling story in the news.

First of all - Richard's Hot Dogs (aka Greasy Dick's) are the best globally. look it up.

Secontivly - Cael gave me a secret position to scout and lock down the eastern seaboard.

Tertiarily - i'm gonna explain when i get back. i'll do a short vid or something. In Virginia now. 7 hrs to go till i reach the Motherland.
Willie, you’re the man. I hope you’re still able to do FRL, otherwise I may stop listening. CP is painful to listen to. “Ohhhhh...What’s going on everybody?!!!”

Reactions: GOLDBANGER

Pretty sure most here will take that as a compliment.

Looks like he is right at home...

Not taking a shot at the kid. I've lived - as I'm sure many on here can say the same - on the PA/NJ border my whole life. Went to college in NJ. Spend every summer down the shore. PA and NJ (NNJ, specifically) are worlds apart. Something I wouldn't expect an old guy Minnesotan/Nebraskan to get, even if he is trolling. Different strokes for different folks. Nick is Jersey Strong that's for sure.

To be fair, there are lot of different New Jerseys in New Jersey. But that's definitely one of them.

Talking about hot dogs, if you are ever in Clifton, NJ (not far from East Rutherford), Rutt's Hut is worth a stop for their deep-fried hot dogs ("rippers"). I'd give them the nod over Yocco's for sure.

XXXXXX was voted best Soph Male athlete at Rutgres? At PSU, he might be something like 7th

Rutgres Wrestling was voted team of the year for Rutgres? For finishing 11th? That shows the very sorry state of affairs for sports in general at Rutgres, for when an 11th place finish is "best". That University is a sports trainwreck.

And to help out XXXXX in math, 0 x 100 times better = still 0.

XXXXXX was voted best Soph Male athlete at Rutgres? At PSU, he might be something like 7th

Rutgres Wrestling was voted team of the year for Rutgres? For finishing 11th? That shows the very sorry state of affairs for sports in general at Rutgres, for when an 11th place finish is "best". That University is a sports trainwreck.

And to help out XXXXX in math, 0 x 100 times better = still 0.

First Rutgers guy in the finals. Team of the year? Lacrosse kind of shit the bed, but probably deserved it more than wrestling. But, yeah, not a lot of athletic success on the banks of the Raritan.

To be fair, there are lot of different New Jerseys in New Jersey. But that's definitely one of them.

Talking about hot dogs, if you are ever in Clifton, NJ (not far from East Rutherford), Rutt's Hut is worth a stop for their deep-fried hot dogs ("rippers"). I'd give them the nod over Yocco's for sure.

Love Rutts Hut - my wife brought a couple of hot dog platters home from Rutts just the other night - two rippers (with their own relish), potato salad, cole slaw, and veggies (carrots, celery, scallions, olives) - can't be beat.

We used to be New Yorkers (via Saginaw MI and Annapolis MD), and always joked that the LAST place we'd ever move would be New Jersey - but we've been living just off of Rt. 3 now (within sight of the old La Roche campus) for almost 19 years. Northern NJ has its issues, but also a LOT to offer. Like many places - the reality is far more nuanced and diverse than the stereotypes.

Back to the subject:

Willie's headed back to Easton AND he clammed up until after Karam stepped down. Coincidence?

Reactions: smalls103
Please... no flaming...,but if you’re ever in a pinch, Rutters gas stations (like Sheetz/WaWa but is regional to south central Pa) hotdogs are pretty darn good. Bacon wrapped and deep fried are nasty.
Welcome back, Willie.

Reactions: smalls103
Welcome back. If you're working the NJ recruiting, stop in my favorite, Johnny's Hot Dog off Rt.46 outside of Belvedere.
If you want to upgrade from Hotdogs ,we could a have a few brews and Cheese Steak at Deitzis. I could tell you about an ex local wrestling star and the bombshell that he just became aware of. Probably will become more than a wrestling story in the news.

Is Johnny's the place with the "rippers"?

Is Johnny's the place with the "rippers"?
Not that I'm aware of. Sits right along the Delaware River. Famous for Mugs of Birch Beer or Buttermilk.
Proper lingo if you want normal dog with mustard, onion and pickle is . The quantity and "with". Such as "2 with".

Pretty sure most here will take that as a compliment.

Looks like he is right at home...

Not taking a shot at the kid. I've lived - as I'm sure many on here can say the same - on the PA/NJ border my whole life. Went to college in NJ. Spend every summer down the shore. PA and NJ (NNJ, specifically) are worlds apart. Something I wouldn't expect an old guy Minnesotan/Nebraskan to get, even if he is trolling. Different strokes for different folks. Nick is Jersey Strong that's for sure.

I think that ceremony was after the audition for the Real Housewives of D1 wrestling.....Which is rumored to be shot on location in NJ

Reactions: ptomaselli

Parents are both from Easton. Try to get to Richards and Jimmy's both regularly. Both are fantastic. My mom still talks about an earlier location of Jimmy's Hot Dog stand (originally in Phillipsburg?) being destroyed in the Hurricane Diane flood of 1955.

Easton is the Mecca for hot dogs in my opinion, like South Philly and Cheesesteaks.

Last edited:

Good thing @SJLuvsLions is not a wrestling fan. He would be all over this post, right @Tom McAndrew & @Lion10 ?:D

Parents are both from Easton. Try to get to Richards and Jimmy's both regularly. Both are fantastic. My mom still talks about an earlier location of Jimmy's Hot Dog stand (originally in Phillipsburg?) being destroyed in the Hurricane Diane flood of 1955.

Easton is the Mecca for hot dogs in my opinion, like South Philly and Cheesesteaks.
There was a Jimmy's right on the Jersey side of the bridge in P'burg at least through the late 80s/early 90s. My grandfather was a butcher and owned a corner grocery/deli (attached to the back of his house) in P'burg's North End on Rose Street. We ate at Jimmy's regularly and with gusto. I wouldn't doubt that the original incarnation of it was destroyed in the flood of '55. My grandfather used to tell me stories of the old P'burg-Easton bridge being wiped out and the grocery sold everything on the shelves over the course of a couple of days to the people stuck on the Jersey side.

And Penn State loves their National Championships infinitely... not positive infinity more without Nick Suriano... being a part of them.

Spencer Lee... please go give this meathead another beat down the next two years so we don't have to hear him blather... post March. Rather we can talk about how Captain Excuses never scored an offense pt. in the NCAA Finals and how Spencer Lee was his "Daddy and Godfather" all in one. What a Jabroni Meatball.

Someone should have asked him how "Lee University" worked out for him???

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT