ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts...

lionlover

Jul 8, 2001
Disclaimer: I haven't read most of the threads. From an efficiency approach, I typically stay out of the game thread and just watch the recorded game when its over. A lot may be obvious, but I am just saying what's on my mind now:
  • Our healthy first team unit is better than Iowa
  • If Clifford comes back healthy, this team has a chance to still win out.
  • That first interception by Clifford was inexcusable. It was a rookie mistake. I was a below average throwing HS QB and I never made a stupid play like that one. When it's early in the game and you are throwing from your end zone, you throw the ball away when under severe duress with your WR blanketed.
  • We still have trouble running the ball, but our pass protection is the best I have seen in a long time. You can't dog the OL after Clifford went down. Iowa knew PSU was going to be one dimensional.
  • Iowa made a superb adjustment of covering the deep ball to Dotson. They adjusted; we didn't.
  • Brenton Strange HATES Ta'Quan. For that matter, I was uninspired by all of our TE.
  • The PSU OL were turning on each other after Clifford went down. Juice Scruggs was especially volatile.
  • This is one of those times when I wish @Nate Bauer/BWI Staff was doing his last post game interview so he could ask Franklin, "So, James, how much you missing Levis or any competent backup for that matter?"
  • On the plus side of Roberson's performance, both Pribula and Allar are even more motivated to come to PSU than ever
  • Lee had an encouraging game last week, but he just seems to make the wrong cut way too many times.
  • Our Defense is Damn Good!
  • Ellis Brooks made several great hits in the game. Petras will be happy if he never sees Brooks again.
  • I was a little bit disappointed with our edge breaking down in the second half on some of those sweep plays.
  • Izzard and Ellies really stepped up. When PJ went out, the D remained stout.
  • I am happier with our interceptions this year, but we still missed too many opportunities.
  • Winning a championship usually requires a little luck and good fortune with injuries. My gut feeling is that Clifford doesn't come back healthy enough and Roberson is over his head

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News