ADVERTISEMENT

Someone to keep an eye on...

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
I was catching up with contacts last night and one of them mentioned to me that Franklin reached out to Troy Walters recently, the former offensive coordinator at Nebraska. According to reports, Walters and Nebraska mutually decided to part ways. That was announced yesterday.

I believe those talks took place before Friday, but I'm not exactly sure. I would assume that they spoke at the AFCA convention this past week, but again, I don't know exactly when. I also don't know if it was a true interview or just Franklin feeling him out.

If I learn more, I'll pass it on, but as you guys know, recruiting is my focus, so I don't normally deal with too much team stuff. I figured I'd pass it on though.

After researching Walters, he would make sense for the wide receiver position. Not only was he a WR coach at multiple schools (Texas A&M, N.C State, Colorado, UCF & Nebraska) but he was also an offensive coordinator the past four years at UCF and Nebraska.

Another thing to remember: Gerad Parker was Penn State's passing game coordinator, so someone like Walters, who has OC experience, would fit that mold. All the different titles = a bigger paycheck, so a former OC and WR coach feels like a good fit for what PSU is interested in.

We'll see what happens, but I do believe he's someone that Franklin has interest in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News