ADVERTISEMENT

Something that will unite us all

what-the-hell-was-that-smoking.gif

I think these people feel they are "artists" and need to give the NA their "twist". If you are Whitney Houston or Aretha Franklin, all you need to do is belt it out. But if you are Ingrid Andress you need to do something out. It is an incredibly difficult song to sing. The vocal range exceeds that of most singer. But the melody and key contribute. She couldn't match the range so improvised. I feel bad for her. I think the best advice anyone can give is to start really low and just sing it. Don't try to add in anything but the song itself. They make it way harder than it needs to be.

I think these people feel they are "artists" and need to give the NA their "twist". If you are Whitney Houston or Aretha Franklin, all you need to do is belt it out. But if you are Ingrid Andress you need to do something out. It is an incredibly difficult song to sing. The vocal range exceeds that of most singer. But the melody and key contribute. She couldn't match the range so improvised. I feel bad for her. I think the best advice anyone can give is to start really low and just sing it. Don't try to add in anything but the song itself. They make it way harder than it needs to be.
Better advice……. If you can’t do it……don’t do it.

Reactions: bison13
Better advice……. If you can’t do it……don’t do it.
I don't disagree but this is the age of the Kardashian Influencers. Honestly, I'd never heard of this gal. I am clearly not her target market. But she was able to perform for millions of people that she'd never had a chance to perform for. I actually listened to one of her songs. Not bad. So when an artist gets that chance, they do it. Lots of artists have weak voices. A few are Sting, Bono, and Fergie. All of these are accomplished and multimillionaires due to their singing. They would all struggle with our NA. I have to imagine that she got the nod due to her PR team. And then came out of rehearsals thinking WTF? She tried to do something with it and failed.

Reactions: bison13
It is difficult sing, and if you miss the pitch at the beginning it's incredibly hard to recover. This is particularly true if you start too high. Several years ago, Carl Lewis tried to do it at an NBA game IIRC, started off to high, and crashed hard when he reached "and the rockets' red glare." The other trap is tempo. The tendency is to sing it too slowly, and that only makes it more difficult to pull off.

Reactions: Obliviax
My girlfriend (now wife) and I watched that game with my Aunt in her apartment in North Jersey.

My Aunt drank and smoked most days after turning 18. She was in her late 70s and while contemporary for her generation- she was a traditionalist.

She was screaming at the TV during the anthem more than the game- and she was a huge Giants fan. That's what I remember of that version...

I don't disagree but this is the age of the Kardashian Influencers. Honestly, I'd never heard of this gal. I am clearly not her target market. But she was able to perform for millions of people that she'd never had a chance to perform for. I actually listened to one of her songs. Not bad. So when an artist gets that chance, they do it. Lots of artists have weak voices. A few are Sting, Bono, and Fergie. All of these are accomplished and multimillionaires due to their singing. They would all struggle with our NA. I have to imagine that she got the nod due to her PR team. And then came out of rehearsals thinking WTF? She tried to do something with it and failed.
Bono doesn't have a weak voice. Listen to Every Breaking Wave live, and in his 60's. He's not Steve Perry, but his nickname isn't Bono for nothing.

Oh, and you couldn't tell she was trashed? Lol.

Reactions: joeaubie21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT