ADVERTISEMENT

Starting to feel sorry for Pitt

No need to feel sorry for us. Our administration over the last 35 years has created this mess. We made our own self imposed sanctions by coaching turnover, poor choices and doing things on the cheap. I really lost faith on Thursday night. I still go and still will have season tickets but its hard to defend this debacle. You do not lose to a 1-8 team when your on National TV and expect fans to show up and support. I am not even going to bring our basketball situation as it was one of the poorest decisions our Admin has ever made. We did it to ourselfs

Wow, what a revelation - teams and coaches that suck and lose more than they win are accountable for those results (i.e., "did it to ourselves")???? No $hit you "did it to yourselves" genius - btw, wtf does this word salad even mean: "We made our own self imposed sanctions by coaching turnover, poor choices and doing things on the cheap."??? What laughable nonsense - since the end of WWII ASWP's record 398-368-16 is 54th out of 98 teams that have played DIA over the entire period (oh btw, PSU was 575-216-9 over the same span, #3 in the nation by winning % behind only Oklahoma and OSU among the 98 teams that played "Major College Football" over the entire span [Bama #4, scUM #5, UNL #6, Texas #7, USC #8, ND #9 and FSU #10]). Your notion that ASWP has ever been dominating on a perennial basis or anything better than a marginal team during the "Modern Era" (with a few successful years spinkled in) and has been destroyed by: "We made our own self imposed sanctions by coaching turnover, poor choices and doing things on the cheap.", is a figament of your over-active imagination and too many late-night Dirty-O's trips..... Failure at ASWP has been the consistent norm since WWII, not this dominating success that you claim.

Last edited:
I hope to hear the phrase that Heinz Field is in need of repair and no longer suits the Rooneys and the Steelers and then Washington County and/or Butler County (Cranberry Township) makes them a sweetheart deal and the Steelers leave Allegheny County.

Their students hate being bused like first-graders a few miles now. Turn that into a much longer trip and no students go to their games.

Force them to play at Highmark Stadium or a local high school field. I hope they never win a game in any sport. EVER.

I think CMU should rent them their stadium.....although that's probably too big for ASWP as well.

Reactions: john4psu
It didn't take long for their UNC misery to divert back to ranting about JS stuff.

The Lair is the gift that keeps on giving. But even they are now just a little too predictable. Once we can no longer use them as a daily punch line, it's probably time for Pitt to give up football altogether. I think they only exist for our own amusement anyhow.

Reactions: john4psu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT