ADVERTISEMENT

Street & Smith's and Athlon Magazines are now out!

I used to love those magazines (especially the baseball ones) when I was a kid. It makes me a bit sad that they're obsolete now. I'm surprised they still publish them. I bet what little market they have is older folks.

I used to love those magazines (especially the baseball ones) when I was a kid. It makes me a bit sad that they're obsolete now. I'm surprised they still publish them. I bet what little market they have is older folks.
Well, I usually get the lot of them when I go to the beach so I have something to look through. Not big on these two magazines but Phil Steele's is the top dog for me!

Reactions: Judge Smails
How accurate where these two magazines last year in predicting the football teams 2016 season?

Well, if you ask Phil Steele he will tell you how accurate he is over and over again. Just read his magazine. He fails to mention the 50% of the time he missed though. I have heard him give his weekly picks on the radio last year a few times, and he was right, about 50% of the time.

Missed 2016 CFP due to one bad pass, and they won't consider PSU for the 2017 CFP?

Why am I not surprised?

(1) We're at Ohio State. It's hardly an unreasonable prediction to predict an OSU victory there.

(2) The CFP has yet to take multiple teams from the same conference. It's hardly an unreasonable prediction to not take us if you do take OSU.

(1) We're at Ohio State. It's hardly an unreasonable prediction to predict an OSU victory there.

(2) The CFP has yet to take multiple teams from the same conference. It's hardly an unreasonable prediction to not take us if you do take OSU.

1. We are talking about PSU, not Michigan
2. As long as Barkley and McSorley stay healthy we should beat OSU. They lost a ton on Defense, and they won't have a proven RB, and Barrett passing doesn't scare anyone.

Reactions: Fac
1. We are talking about PSU, not Michigan
2. As long as Barkley and McSorley stay healthy we should beat OSU. They lost a ton on Defense, and they won't have a proven RB, and Barrett passing doesn't scare anyone.
LOL

I get them and read them in my floating chair in my pool. If it gets wet, oh well, can't say the same if I drop my smartphone in the drink.

I read them and Lindy's is my favorite. Looking forward to it coming out.
As for Phil Steele, accurate or not, I consider it a tough read. He writes too much about previous years.

mOOse,
I bought one of those new-fangled cassette tape things. Just doesn't seem to work in my larger tape opening for the 8-track.

OL
Well they do have adapters for the 8 track that makes the cassette work. I just got one, works like a charm.

Reactions: OhioLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT