ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee Volunteers | Update: McDonald’s bags filled with cash

could have at least used Chick Fil A

naVVYuyi5h1MFSPAt1WgwdnJEefvwgZbjnIrvFHpMCmXz4OXnoooZg1SGOkCIX_9CczlNK6NEmvf0DRoceEzkDBJVxze7O4qIEjpKXmhMNxzrEVK6BoXx1L58eSX
Nah, ‘Bama’s classier than that, they use Five Guys bags;)

Actually had an ohowihate fan text me today to say they are a classy university and use Chick Fil A.

OL

Few if any. Paying a player isn't a Federal crime (it is in some states).

Note that "Tatoogate" was brought to light from a Federal investigation of the owner of the tattoo parlor for drug dealing and money laundering. That guy went to jail and was fined. Players got to keep their tats.

And get to a play in a bowl game thanks to Delaney going to bat for OSU with the NCAA. Looks like his successor, Warren, is off to a great start on carrying on the longstanding OSU favoritism.

Part of the problem is that recruits don’t speak up. Yeah, those taking the cash won’t but it would only take a few to start naming names publicly to put the bag men on guard.

IIRC, there was a former PSU player (? Posluszny??) who made comments about seeing improper gifts/ cash given out on the recruiting trail (not at PSU) but, when asked, he wouldn’t say who or how.

With such a completely incompetent NCAA, and no real threat of some honest players turning them in, it’s pretty much open season at many universities with bag men.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Part of the problem is that recruits don’t speak up. Yeah, those taking the cash won’t but it would only take a few to start naming names publicly to put the bag men on guard.

IIRC, there was a former PSU player (? Posluszny??) who made comments about seeing improper gifts/ cash given out on the recruiting trail (not at PSU) but, when asked, he wouldn’t say who or how.

With such a completely incompetent NCAA, and no real threat of some honest players turning them in, it’s pretty much open season at many universities with bag men.
I believe that was Mauti.

I think you’re right. Thanks.
AJ Alexander said every school offered him something except Penn State. As I’ve said in here before, I saw a text sent to the handler of a recruit from an Alabama coach telling the handler that they would set him and the kid up with accommodations if he brought the kid for an unofficial visit. Pretty blatant. I don’t believe there were many doing it above board when Joe was still around. I’m not sure if there are any doing so now.

Tenn message board for those who want a look at the wreck

Wow - What delusional bunch of A-Holes. They still think that job is somehow a prime coaching opportunity. Screwed the pooch with Schiano because of some stupid radio guy so I hope they maintain their special level of irrelevance for years to some.

Wow - What delusional bunch of A-Holes. They still think that job is somehow a prime coaching opportunity. Screwed the pooch with Schiano because of some stupid radio guy so I hope they maintain their special level of irrelevance for years to some.
Their delusions of grandeur approach those of Pitt.

Reactions: psu00
It's not really my style, but I have half a mind to get into their board and sh*t talk to them. For those that remember, they were vile on this board after they poached Bob Shoop. I was fighting them off with sticks on here.

It's not really my style, but I have half a mind to get into their board and sh*t talk to them. For those that remember, they were vile on this board after they poached Bob Shoop. I was fighting them off with sticks on here.
If you go on their site they have a thread about the most hated school outside of the SEC and PSU was on the list in the first post - I don't hate UT I find the clown show in Knoxville highly entertaining especially when Pruitt sues them and they have to prove they cheated to get out of paying him - get out the popcorn for that one.

I thought it was funny that some think one of the solutions to the many challenges facing the program is increased influence by the fans. The fact that too much influence by the fans was a major factor in their most recent debacle seems to totally escape them. Let's see, it's a major rebuild job, the program is going to be hit by the NCAA for being too obvious about their cheating, the AD is short on cash, and the fanbase expects the coach build a program on par with Alabama while being highly receptive to their input. What high quality coach wouldn't want an opportunity like that?

Reading a few threads to see the news down there and I’m shocked at how many times someone posts that this is some sort of conspiracy by Bama to bury Tennessee.

Well, that’s tough for a recruit, or anyone, to do. Suppose you rat out the rats. Tell all, expose the corruption. Now you will be branded as a rat, a pigeon, a squealer. No one would trust you. Not team mates, coaches, training staff, admin, the donor class, alumni, no one.

They would fear you ratting out anything, .....peds, drugs abuse, alcohol, sex abuse, bullying....anything and everything. Do a favor and wonder how that will painted. It’s the way of the world, the unwritten omertà of the world. I know a guy that turned in his boss at the IRS a couple decades ago for multiple crimes. Several people went to jail. Six months after the trail he was ‘dismissed’ and couldn’t get a job anywhere. Ended up having to start his own business.

Rat out the college bagman and it will follow you. The NFL would take note and drop you in the draft. Future players keep their distance. Same with sponsors, businesses, fans, friends.

Rat out the rats and be labeled a rat. It’s the way of the world.

Last edited:
Reading a few threads to see the news down there and I’m shocked at how many times someone posts that this is some sort of conspiracy by Bama to bury Tennessee.
'Bama buries UT every time they play - no need to kick sand in the face of the 90 pound weakling as well.

Yeah, it’s like some unspoken brotherhood that won’t come clean even when they themselves are innocent.

'Bama buries UT every time they play - no need to kick sand in the face of the 90 pound weakling as well.
I know, it’s crazy.

Tennessee hasn’t really been all that relevant in around 20 years. The last time they finished a year ranked in the top 10 was 2001. It’s been 16 years since they had less than 4 losses.

In their Bama “rivalry”, Alabama has won 14 straight games with the average score 38- 13.

Well, that’s tough for a recruit, or anyone, to do. Suppose you rat out the rats. Tell all, expose the corruption. Now you will be branded as a rat, a pigeon, a squealer. No one would trust you. Not team mates, coaches, training staff, admin, the donor class, alumni, no one.

They would fear you ratting out anything, .....pecs, drugs abuse, alcohol, sex abuse, bullying....anything and everything. Do a favor and wonder how that will painted. It’s the way of the world, the unwritten omertà of the world. I know a guy that turned in his boss at the IRS a couple decades ago for multiple crimes. Several people went to jail. Six months after the trail he was ‘dismissed’ and couldn’t get a job anywhere. Ended up having to start his own business.

Rat out the college bagman and it will follow you. The NFL would take note and drop you in the draft. Future players keep their distance. Same with sponsors, businesses, fans, friends.

Rat out the rats and be labeled a rat. It’s the way of the world.
I hear ya. I don’t expect them to turn in their own team and deal with that fallout. I’m more surprised someone like a Mauti doesn’t discuss what they went through on the recruiting trail. ‘I was offered $75,000 at Tennessee, a car at LSU etc. The ncaa needs to get its act together.’

I doubt he would have got much blow back at PSU or by NFL teams. If that’s a burning concern then do a tell all after you’re retired but players still pretty much keep quiet. Then everyone acts shocked and outraged that the bagmen system continues.

But...But...But I've been told on this board, multiple times, that the bag man doesn't exist. That if he did there would surely be proof of it. You mean to tell me all those posters were lying to me?

Highly recommend checking out this documentary on the McMillions scandal. From 1989 through 2001 there were almost no legitimate million dollar winners in the contest.

That was exceptional.

The telltale sign was the money handed out to recruits in the Mickey D bags had Saban's picture on the bills.

PSU won a national championship in '86 and shortly thereafter its football coach openly challenged the board of trustees to create a better university and compete academically.

Tennessee won a national championship in 1998 with a squad that had a 12 percent African-American grad rate and their QB (Tee Martin) was investigated for illegal benefits as a player and is now being investigated for illegal benefits as a coach.

Anybody see something incongruent here?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT