ADVERTISEMENT

The best sung song ever

Eh, I feel like this is very genre specific.

I have no use for that type of music. Much (but not all) of the music I listen to has vocals that sound like cats trying to mate in a trash can. That is no less impressive and has the desired effect, often in a very powerful way.

I don’t know how to post a video, but Luther Vandross Here and Now is the be all and end all of great vocals.

This song is just really beautiful, uplifting, and brings a smile to my face every time I hear it. Dominique Durand is a French native and her accent is just "magnifique." BTW, Ivy included Adam Schlesinger (RIP) as one of the members.

I don’t know how to post a video, but Luther Vandross Here and Now is the be all and end all of great vocals.

To each his own. Very nice song but claiming it’s the be all and end all of great vocals is a little rich.

Sorry to post a random message but I ran across this track on an Amazon playlist and was blown away by it. Whitney Houston was amazing.

What an amazing woman. So beautiful she became a top international model as a teenager. Then they found out she could sing and became one of the top singers of her time. Then they found out she could act and made her a movie star. Beautiful, talented, intelligent, classy, lovely. And she had such a joy about her that was magnetic and contagious. Watch the video of her at the Super Bowl doing the National Anthem. It was awe inspiring as it was just when the war with Iraq over Kuwait had just started.

And all destroyed by cocaine. She should be the poster girl for anti drug campaigns, Show how drugs took one of the most impressive persons on the planet and destroyed her. Put up before and after pics to show the damage done.

I’m too lazy to go find the thread but a it two or three months ago someone here open and closed the bidding at:

The Rolling Stones Gimme Shelter.

The case was closed!

Reactions: massimoManca II
I’m too lazy to go find the thread but a it two or three months ago someone here open and closed the bidding at:

The Rolling Stones Gimme Shelter.

The case was closed!
You can’t always get what you want and sympathy for the devil don’t suck.
Behind blue eyes and love reign over me for The Who and Daltrey

Reactions: wlawn and whart
I couldn't narrow this down to 25, let alone 1. From Pavarotti to Freddie Mercury and a hundred in between, the task is impossible. If I must make a choice, it would be my wife in the shower singing "Rock Me Baby". She is a terrible singer, but it's not about the music. 🙂

I tend to have a greater appreciation for voices that really carry the emotion of the song, tell a story that I can relate to, and have an imperfect raspy sound. Melissa Etheridge, Dylan, Bon Scott, Springsteen, Stevie Nicks. Also makes a song I can potentially use for karaoke night.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT