ADVERTISEMENT

The craziest thing I've ever seen in the NFL

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
for a slow football week.

One of the reasons why I route for the browns is because the craziest things happen to this franchise. In this case, they are kicking a long Field Goal to tie the game against the Ravens in the least second. The ball hits the upright, goes THROUGH the goal, hits that support that is angled down holding up the uprights, then bouces back through the goal and back into the field of play. The refs say it is no good and the ravens run into the locker room celebrating. Upon further review, the refs rule that the kick is good because it went through the uprights and it coming back out was immaterial. All the ball has to do is go through the uprights. What is does after doesn't matter. The announcers said it wasn't reviewable but did anyway.

How in the world could this ball hit that support and bounce back toward the kicker is anyone's guess.

• Wow
Reactions: step.eng69
for a slow football week.

One of the reasons why I route for the browns is because the craziest things happen to this franchise. In this case, they are kicking a long Field Goal to tie the game against the Ravens in the least second. The ball hits the upright, goes THROUGH the goal, hits that support that is angled down holding up the uprights, then bouces back through the goal and back into the field of play. The refs say it is no good and the ravens run into the locker room celebrating. Upon further review, the refs rule that the kick is good because it went through the uprights and it coming back out was immaterial. All the ball has to do is go through the uprights. What is does after doesn't matter. The announcers said it wasn't reviewable but did anyway.

How in the world could this ball hit that support and bounce back toward the kicker is anyone's guess.

The travesty here is that the refs didn't know the rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT