ADVERTISEMENT

The demoralization of blue collar and white collar workers.

NewEra 2014

Jan 3, 2014
If you consider the past few years in particular, there appears to be a concerted effort to demoralize the police, whether in Ferguson, NYC, or in Denver where police were directed to stand down and watch a memorial to fallen officers be vandalized. The military and border patrol have been treated poorly by this administration. Teachers are getting crushed in NY state and elsewhere in terms of pay, common core, etc.

On the white collar side, Doctors are going into early retirement due to the ACA and government red tape. Entrepreneurs are being demonized. Project developers are being thwarted by excessive regulations.

In trying to get my arms around what is happening to this country, I see this demoralization as a concerted effort. The lazy and incapable are already under the yoke of government. But something needs to be done to the patriotic, the capable, the self-motivated to get them to throw up their hands and say, "screw it--this isn't worth it" and submit to the will of the feds. At least that is my theory. I would be curious to see if others have opinions regarding this pattern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News