ADVERTISEMENT

The Guys That Stayed.

Those who opted out are being advised by people offering them big money. It's difficult to blame the players but it shouldn't be allowed. The NCAA has allowed college football to become a disaster.

Years past, players were men who didn't worry about getting hurt.

Reactions: bIhawk
Years past, players were men who didn't worry about getting hurt.
Caleb Williams has made more money from Dr. Pepper, Nissan and NIL in his junior season than Jack Ham did in his entire football career.
Get with the times, understand the circumstances.

Caleb Williams has made more money from Dr. Pepper, Nissan and NIL in his junior season than Jack Ham did in his entire football career.
Get with the times, understand the circumstances.
It’s pointless. There are some clueless people around here. It’s one of 2 things: they lack meaning in their own lives, or they are degenerate gamblers and are betting on these guys. Whichever one, they’re do nothing nobodies.

Reactions: dswartz
I don't care if the player is in or out of a bowl game, but if your in your going to play as many plays to win the game not a few here and there. Total garbage.

Last edited:
But many went on to be successful. They weren't gutless.

I knew Jewish families who told their kids, "Be a mensch".

Opt outers= "untermensch".

Even the successful ones have serious health issues.

I’m Jewish. You’re not using the term correctly.

Reactions: dswartz
It’s pointless. There are some clueless people around here. It’s one of 2 things: they lack meaning in their own lives, or they are degenerate gamblers and are betting on these guys. Whichever one, they’re do nothing nobodies.
I don't like that players are opting out, but I understand it. But it has made the whole college football scene unbearable. If these kids are afraid of getting hurt, why in the world would they risk their NFL careers on a national championship game? Why play in the regular season at all? Isn't it possible they could ruin their lives playing in the B10 or SEC championship game?

The only thing wrong with me is having to see the BS of you and other clowns.
Me tough
Me old school
Everyone a coward
Im Good Enough Nighty Night GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
I don't like that players are opting out, but I understand it. But it has made the whole college football scene unbearable. If these kids are afraid of getting hurt, why in the world would they risk their NFL careers on a national championship game? Why play in the regular season at all? Isn't it possible they could ruin their lives playing in the B10 or SEC championship game?
Yes, it’s true they risk injury in any game. But championships is what you dream of, not a New Years trip to Atlanta for a non playoff game.

Yes, it’s true they risk injury in any game. But championships is what you dream of, not a New Years trip to Atlanta for a non playoff game.
These kids aren't dreaming of national championships. They're dreaming of muti million dollar contracts! Are you telling me that if these kids suffer career ending injuries in a championship game, in the interviews they'll say "that's no problem, I won a national championship?"with All the opt outs and portal transfers there was absolutely no reason for Florida State to even agree to play in this orange bowl. None of these bowls have even been fun to watch. I hope the final four games are all blowouts too. That'll make all the football fans happy!

Those who opted out are being advised by people offering them big money. It's difficult to blame the players but it shouldn't be allowed. The NCAA has allowed college football to become a disaster.
excellent comment. can anyone name 3 players that were hurt in bowl games that affected draft status

Reactions: bdgan
These kids aren't dreaming of national championships. They're dreaming of muti million dollar contracts! Are you telling me that if these kids suffer career ending injuries in a championship game, in the interviews they'll say "that's no problem, I won a national championship?"with All the opt outs and portal transfers there was absolutely no reason for Florida State to even agree to play in this orange bowl. None of these bowls have even been fun to watch. I hope the final four games are all blowouts too. That'll make all the football fans happy!
I agree and disagree. I think they dream of both. ANY person playing in their respective competitive environment wants to win it all. I don’t care if it’s baseball, football, chess, or debate club. You play to win. Sure, many of them are absolutely wanting the big pay day, but the ones that are in the mix for a championship… I believe they want it badly.

Reactions: joeaubie21
To play are to be honored.

Those who opted out, nothing more than COWARDICE IN THE FACE OF THE ENEMY!!!!!
The problem is judging the bowl game as if it is a reflection of the actual team. If you look at it as an opportunity for different guys to play, then it won’t bother you as much.

I agree and disagree. I think they dream of both. ANY person playing in their respective competitive environment wants to win it all. I don’t care if it’s baseball, football, chess, or debate club. You play to win. Sure, many of them are absolutely wanting the big pay day, but the ones that are in the mix for a championship… I believe they want it badly.
You may be right,Lion,but there are numerous instances of guys going to worse teams for an extra million bucks. If the day comes when the prospective #1pick gets his knee blown out in the national championship game, players will drop(opt out) like flies.

You may be right,Lion,but there are numerous instances of guys going to worse teams for an extra million bucks. If the day comes when the prospective #1pick gets his knee blown out in the national championship game, players will drop(opt out) like flies.
I don't understand that logic. They can blow their knee out during training which is far more rigorous than the games.
Anyway, what's happened during these bowl games is a disgrace.
Folks want to feel connected to their teams and players and if you lose that sense of connection the consequences could be dire.
And let's remember something. If this BS continues and fans stop going to games or watching on TV then the gravy train ends and a lot of these poor athletes will need to get a job.

I don't understand that logic. They can blow their knee out during training which is far more rigorous than the games.
Anyway, what's happened during these bowl games is a disgrace.
Folks want to feel connected to their teams and players and if you lose that sense of connection the consequences could be dire.
And let's remember something. If this BS continues and fans stop going to games or watching on TV then the gravy train ends and a lot of these poor athletes will need to get a job.
I agree totally. I guess my earlier point is that training camp injuries won't be replayed on national tv hundreds of times for prospective nfl players to watch over and over, and picture themselves in the same scenario!

It’s a choice. Nobody told them they had to do it. It’s always a choice.

The long term impact of injuries wasn't as well known. Tons of people used to smoke, now they don't. Just because Jack Ham didn't worry about concussions didn't mean players today are wrong for worrying about them.

The long term impact of injuries wasn't as well known. Tons of people used to smoke, now they don't. Just because Jack Ham didn't worry about concussions didn't mean players today are wrong for worrying about them.
I don’t disagree. It’s still a choice. If you’re that worried about concussions then don’t play. Develop a skill and use it to make a living for yourself. Problem solved.

I don’t disagree. It’s still a choice. If you’re that worried about concussions then don’t play. Develop a skill and use it to make a living for yourself. Problem solved.

I'm just saying acting like the circumstances for players today is comparable to guys 20-30-40 years ago and expecting them to make the same decisions is foolish.

I’m a good example of injuries. I played college baseball. I tore my UCL (as a result of pitching with a torn labrum all season) and labrum my senior year of college. I recovered, joined the USMC, learned a few skills and have provided well for my family and myself.

It’s always a choice.

Reactions: joeaubie21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT