ADVERTISEMENT

The mighty, fighting Minutemen of UMass prepped for PSU by losing

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
41-24 to Toledo. They are now 1-6 on the season and have surrendered 276 points in those 7 games.

My condolences to the paying public. This game will only appeal to the same mentality that took pleasure in the lunchtime entertainment of the gladitorial games. That was the slaughter of defenseless criminals.

I only hope that we are well into the third team in the third quarter.

• Haha
Reactions: JimNazium
Weird how you only get this riled up for PSU's schedule when their OOC schedule is better than your average D1A school or b1g schedule for that matter. duhO$U plays YSU and WKU????? scUM is playing BGSU, UNLV and ECU???? But hey, you keep posting your bullshit that PSU is doing anything whatsoever different with their OOC schedule then the rest of FBS.

Weird how you only get this riled up for PSU's schedule when their OOC schedule is better than your average D1A school or b1g schedule for that matter. duhO$U plays YSU and WKU????? scUM is playing BGSU, UNLV and ECU???? But hey, you keep posting your bullshit that PSU is doing anything whatsoever different with their OOC schedule then the rest of FBS.
All schools need to schedule better but we aren't asked to pay money to attend their bad games

• Haha
Reactions: 19333lion
41-24 to Toledo. They are now 1-6 on the season and have surrendered 276 points in those 7 games.

My condolences to the paying public. This game will only appeal to the same mentality that took pleasure in the lunchtime entertainment of the gladitorial games. That was the slaughter of defenseless criminals.

Why? Why was this post necessary? I just don’t get it.

You won't be happy til joes corpse is propped up on the sideline. #weekend.at..bernies.

No, because the tailgating is the highlight of the day.
AS it was for the Blue Hens. The Minutemen are an FCS opponent with an FBS designation. They stink. Since 20and friggin'12 they have won 22 games, during which time they went 1-11 five times. Scheduling them is a damn embarrasment.

Here's to some great tailgating because it will be the highlight of the day!

Yeah didn’t see him mention anything about Michigan and Georgia having the two easiest out of conference schedules in the country.

Reactions: royboy and bison13
Yeah didn’t see him mention anything about Michigan and Georgia having the two easiest out of conference schedules in the country.
I don't care about other schools' schedules. The point is about the quality of the game itself, a reflection on the competitiveness of the opponent. I doubt GA and MI's fans enjoy paying to watch crap games anymore than you do. Games with a foregone outcome may be fun for other reasons, but the games themselves?

I don't care about other schools' schedules. The point is about the quality of the game itself, a reflection on the competitiveness of the opponent. I doubt GA and MI's fans enjoy paying to watch crap games anymore than you do. Games with a foregone outcome may be fun for other reasons, but the games themselves?
So don’t go and don’t watch…it’s pretty easy. Football is a hobby, there’s no rule you have to participate every weekend.

Well, it looks like it serves as a scrimmage before OSU. Maybe Nick can break a long run this week to get out of a mini slump.

Season tickets force you to buy them, right? Doesn't force you to attend but it's a waste of money.
Simple solution, don’t buy season tickets. I am pretty sure all sports require you to buy all games when you buy season tickets. But you don’t have to buy them. Hint: next year there is going to be some mismatches again. And the following, and the following year. Just a heads up so you don’t act surprised when it happens.

It’s homecoming, man. Enjoy the weekend as it’s supposed to be. Alumni back in droves to write checks for the university. All hands out as inebriated alum blindly pay homage to the Old Main, BOT, ICA, and Franklion as the ball club preps for 3 out of 4 very challenging games. The season is on the line but the pilgrims will feast next weekend.

Simple solution, don’t buy season tickets. I am pretty sure all sports require you to buy all games when you buy season tickets. But you don’t have to buy them. Hint: next year there is going to be some mismatches again. And the following, and the following year. Just a heads up so you don’t act surprised when it happens.
Right you are correct which is why many don't buy them
The problem are people like you that support these decisions and allow them to schedule glorified practices as games.

Yes, you never know what you'll get when these games are scheduled years in advance.

Reactions: bison13
The problem are people like you that support these decisions and allow them to schedule glorified practices as games.
If the SEC increases their conference schedule from 8 games to 9 or 10 then the B1G will increase to 10 and we can get rid of some of these games.

Don't go. Don't watch. Don't enjoy the fall day. Dig deep for the most irrelevant negative post you can conjure up. After all, there is no evidence that you are capable of doing anything else. It is about money and wins... hell if PSU were in the SEC they would be way better off than presently.
As the song says 'money for nothing' ...

Last edited:
The problem are people like you that support these decisions and allow them to schedule glorified practices as
If the SEC increases their conference schedule from 8 games to 9 or 10 then the B1G will increase to 10 and we can get rid of some of these games.
The Big 10 definitely should increase by one game; it’s ridiculous that teams have to play one less conference home game than conference road game every other season, as it should be an equal 5 home and 5 road games every season.

I think it’s absolutely perfect scheduling. Bye week and then this game to get all your guys in and basically have two weeks to prep for Ohio State. this is what college football is today you need these type of games to get to the playoffs, not because of needing a big win, but to stay healthy for the couple of big time games you do have. I’ll also be happy with the extra room to sit down in the bleachers for the people that don’t come. Thanks.

Last edited:
You know exactly what you're getting when you schedule UMass.....and Delaware.
Yes. So, what. Same applies to every power 5 program. Next season every B1G program has 9 in conference games factor that into the number of gimme the money and practice games per season.

It’s not about the final score it’s about the numbers on the check.

Yes. So, what. Same applies to every power 5 program. Next season every B1G program has 9 in conference games factor that into the number of gimme the money and practice games per season.
And we're all criticizing other programs as well. Hopefully with the playoff being expanded teams are penalized for weak non conference games.

The Big 10 definitely should increase by one game; it’s ridiculous that teams have to play one less conference home game than conference road game every other season, as it should be an equal 5 home and 5 road games every season.
Would be actually insane to do while the SEC (and ACC) is still at 8 conference games. The SEC has long benefited from having one fewer competitive game and every team having more cupcakes. That inflated the collective records of all their conference teams making the conference seems stronger than they really are. And they never get dinged for playing fewer power games than other teams.

I largely don’t care how many conference games are played but every power conference should play the same amount.

You know exactly what you're getting when you schedule UMass.....and Delaware.
You can't predict what type of season they will be having, especially now with the transfer portal. There are only so many that will play at your place without demanding a return game.

I think it’s absolutely perfect scheduling. I buy week and then this game to get all your guys in and basically have two weeks to prep for Ohio State. this is what college football is today you need these type of games to get to the playoffs, not because of needing a big win, but to stay healthy for the couple of big time games you do have. I’ll also be happy with the extra room to sit down in the bleachers for the people that don’t come. Thanks.
Given how we tend to be sluggish coming out of bye weeks, this setup seems pretty much perfect for PSU. Have a real game to get us back into game mode, give the backups some more playing time and avoid putting anything on film unless we want it there

Given how we tend to be sluggish coming out of bye weeks, this setup seems pretty much perfect for PSU. Have a real game to get us back into game mode, give the backups some more playing time and avoid putting anything on film unless we want it there
Agree, I do think it sets up perfect. We can play like crap, still win and give the coaches something to get on the guys about before OSU

Reactions: joeaubie21

Yes. So, what. You still know what you're getting when you schedule UMass and Delaware, which is what I was replying to.

You can't predict what type of season they will be having, especially now with the transfer portal. There are only so many that will play at your place without demanding a return game.

I get that a decent MAC team is going to get lucky once in a while, but I don't think that applies to UMass or Delaware, which is all that I mentioned. But still, you know what you're getting even with a MAC team.

I think it’s absolutely perfect scheduling. Bye week and then this game to get all your guys in and basically have two weeks to prep for Ohio State. this is what college football is today you need these type of games to get to the playoffs, not because of needing a big win, but to stay healthy for the couple of big time games you do have. I’ll also be happy with the extra room to sit down in the bleachers for the people that don’t come. Thanks.
They better have been preparing since Iowa or what are all those analysts good for!

UMass and Delaware can't be predicted to be destroyed by us?

having this game in October is inexcusable

an all time low point of scheduling, eclipsing the times we played Villanova and Coastal Carolina

Reactions: 19333lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT