The all-time margin of victory record
Four champs
Six Finalists
Eight All-Americans
34.0 bonus pounts
The Tournament’s top individual scorer
The Tournament’s 2nd highest individual scorer
The Tournament’s MOW
Man, I'm still feeling the elation from last night. Slept like crap because I was so amped up going to bed. Now I'm laying on the sofa, hungover from the adrenaline dump, and watching all the ESPN replays and YouTube interviews. Great stuff!!

Well here I am again, sitting in my recliner, surrounded by kitties and the gas fireplace is going again. Some things never change.

Since I’m on West Coast time, you guys in the East have 3 hours ahead of me to post messages. I’m going to relax for a while and catch up with the latest.

I don't want any of you to confuse what I am about to say as being anything other than a die hard Hawkeye fan. I love the Black and Gold and always will.

Congratulations on your dominance and earning the team points record. Not just a great locker room and culture within the program. Your fanbase is also incredible. I know you have a few fans that do not reflect what your wrestlers and coaches model, but 99%+ of you do.

Thank you for your class while our program struggles. Our program will find a way to make it competitive again some day. I hope our fanbase can show demonstrate as much respect and grace as yours when that day comes.

Enjoy this great group of young men! I will pull for all of them in their Olympic pursuits.

I was sitting eating breakfast when I mentioned to my wife that PSU had done so well last night, with 4 champs and 2 all-timers and 6 in the finals.
She said, "I thought they must have lost, the way you were swearing at your computer."
Oh well.
Same reaction from the Mrs here. I’m still working on getting past 165.

I don't want any of you to confuse what I am about to say as being anything other than a die hard Hawkeye fan. I love the Black and Gold and always will.

Congratulations on your dominance and earning the team points record. Not just a great locker room and culture within the program. Your fanbase is also incredible. I know you have a few fans that do not reflect what your wrestlers and coaches model, but 99%+ of you do.

Thank you for your class while our program struggles. Our program will find a way to make it competitive again some day. I hope our fanbase can show demonstrate as much respect and grace as yours when that day comes.

Enjoy this great group of young men! I will pull for all of them in their Olympic pursuits.
Dammit…how am I supposed to make snarky comments about Iowa after reading that post.

Ban this guy!!!

So I woke up this morning with a flood of emotions over the performance we all witnessed this weekend. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an overall dominant performance in any sport at the highest levels. I’ve said on here before that I of course love a close tight match but what I love even more is watching an individual or team at their absolute peak just laying waste to the best that can be put before them. I really really hope that we all take the time to savor and enjoy what we all witnessed! It is truly special. What makes it even more so is that this group of young men are so humble, intelligent, well spoken and full of gratitude. The other thing that makes it better for me is this community we have here. I don’t a lot of people in my life that are wrestling obsessed like I am so being able to come on here and share this experience with all of you has been a godsend. THANK YOU all! Enjoy what we just witnessed because we might not see it again

There was a little grumbling on the bus back to the hotel about this. I'm good with it.
I’m guessing that everyone thought it should be Cael because of the performance, new record etc. That’s understandable, but we took home everything else. See the OP at the top.

I think it’s just as important, if not more so, that our sport continues to grow. We need teams like LR to come in and make a difference. That’s what Erisman is doing, so I’m glad his effort is being acknowledged.

Hopefully Cael can get them on the schedule next year. I’m certain Erisman would go for it in a second.

I’m guessing that everyone thought it should be Cael because of the performance, new record etc. That’s understandable, but we took home everything else. See the OP at the top.

I think it’s just as important, if not more so, that our sport continues to grow. We need teams like LR to come in and make a difference. That’s what Erisman is doing, so I’m glad his effort is being acknowledged.

Hopefully Cael can get them on the schedule next year. I’m certain Erisman would go for it in a second.
Unless Penn St, Michigan or Iowa take their best guys in portal! Could have said that about Cal-Baptist this year

Great weekend in KC! For a carnivore like myself, no better host. Q39, Jack Stack, and Joe’s my top 3 in no particular order. KC can be in the regular rotation if my opinion counts.

Got to meet @PAHURDLER and @PSU Fan in TN. Great guys as expected. I would not have suspected Hurdler’s apparent obsession with @Cstroke based on his relatively unassuming appearance. Guess I learned first hand not to judge a book by its cover! Might have met some others but didn’t put real names to handles!

Went to the ASU social last night. Zeke is the man. A very gracious and respectful ambassador of the sport. He had all the young men who qualified speak for a few minutes. A nice touch building skills off the mat. Teemer was very emotional. The loss hurt, but the Sun Devil faithful rallied around him. Schultz anpologized for not pulling his weight to get them a team trophy but pledged that o bring back some HW from Paris. They all seemed like fine young me. Figueroa’s grandparents sat next to me most of the weekend. They would make their way downstairs to watch Richard’s matches from QF through final and then come back upstairs. Grandma said it was too crazy downstairs! Very quiet folks, definitely not looking to be on camera. It was a lot of fun seeing her scroll through social media to I see what the world was saying about her national champion. In discussion of continuing to build there, somebody involved with the program mentioned the W over our guys in the dual meet in 2019. I felt like offering that nobody who wrestled for either team that night is still around, but hey, I was a guest and they were all enjoying the night, so I let it slide.

The good guys put it on the line and delivered. Another one for the history books. 360 days until they do it again. In the mean time, I hope you jerkoffs continue to entertain!

Glaze on, my brother!!

Iowa is still an elite program. Between the gambling scandal and the Ferrari distraction, this season kind of went off the rails, but with Gabe & Kueter coming in, if they can find a way to keep Angelo Ferrari but jettison the other two sociopath brothers, Penn State vs Iowa should be the 1 vs 2 matchup for the foreseeable future.

So I woke up this morning with a flood of emotions over the performance we all witnessed this weekend. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an overall dominant performance in any sport at the highest levels. I’ve said on here before that I of course love a close tight match but what I love even more is watching an individual or team at their absolute peak just laying waste to the best that can be put before them. I really really hope that we all take the time to savor and enjoy what we all witnessed! It is truly special. What makes it even more so is that this group of young men are so humble, intelligent, well spoken and full of gratitude. The other thing that makes it better for me is this community we have here. I don’t a lot of people in my life that are wrestling obsessed like I am so being able to come on here and share this experience with all of you has been a godsend. THANK YOU all! Enjoy what we just witnessed because we might not see it again
006. - I was going to post something similar, but, you nailed the feeling. I’ve been going to PSU wrestling since 66’ ….. and never envisioned such utter destruction at the National Championships. This is a rare peak that we shall all remember …. and hopefully …. not something to bitch about when we only score 142 points next year.

If I were NCAA wrestling, I’d send Cael on a November/December barnstorming tour to schools like LR, Liberty, etc… even with split squads. The Lions have elevated NCAA wrestling to new heights and the entire team takes the time to mingle with the kids because that’s the future. They get it. No dances just in the present and full of gratitude! College sports needs more like them. I think Kerk said the whole team had a bible study session before the finals! That’s how they prepared. Cael has understood the mental health issues before many in sports. His biggest weapons are Bonnie and Dr. Monthly.

I would love to see PSU travel there to boost the program. Similar to the trip west and Oregon.

Like inter-league play in baseball. Some teams fill stadiums.

Reactions: bwfight
Penn State was 56 points closer to the highest scoring non-Penn State team that could be made (six champs and three runners-up, Shapiro) than Cornell was to Penn State.

216.5-172.5

• Love
Reactions: Dogwelder

Its A Trap GIF by Star Wars

Buckeye fans getting their dander up. They have some good young guys and recruits - we’re clearly doomed

Reactions: danoftw

Thanks for the nice post! Sorry for the 1% of our fans that can't be gracious winners and refrain from gloating. But I guess you have that with all fan bases.

Reactions: AreWeCross
Buckeye fans getting their dander up. They have some good young guys and recruits - we’re clearly doomed

The title typo is pretty funny.

• Haha
Reactions: AgSurfer

They were only 110.5 points behind; I can see their optimism about next year.

Everyone just can’t wait to move on from this team and its destruction of college wrestling this year.

Reactions: ccdiver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT