ADVERTISEMENT

The score said 27-13, but that was more like a 36-4 beatdown

IANit

Dec 8, 2002
Iowa
without Suriano's default he wins by decision at least and Gulibon pinned Heil for sure. Pretty impressive. Not a single OK State upset outside of the injury shows this team is focused.

Reactions: Ja1339
I did that math also ;) I suspect that was why Cael state how pleased he was with everyone during a post meet interview. He did however not show much enthusiasm almost certainly due to Nicks injury, Just hope he recovers quickly!

I have a friend who was a 2X NC at Ok State in the early 70's. I called him on Saturday and he was really excited about the upcoming dual. I think I'll wait a few days before I call him again. That wasn't pretty even with the 12 points we spotted them between Suriano and Gulibon.

without Suriano's default he wins by decision at least and Gulibon pinned Heil for sure. Pretty impressive. Not a single OK State upset outside of the injury shows this team is focused.
Jeff Byers voiced concern when Penn State was down 13-0, but the Lions knew, they had the Pokes right where they wanted them. The Pokes were toast after the 141 match and should have been crispy toast after Jimmy's pin.

Zain - Nickal is a wrestling version of murderers row. Just deadly for any combatant. Only losses were Joseph to IJordan and Martinez and Hall's fluke loss to Brooks. Suriano and Nevills as bookends ain't too shabby either! It would appear that all but 133 are primed for their tournament run. Enjoy the ride.

Zain - Nickal is a wrestling version of murderers row. Just deadly for any combatant. Only losses were Joseph to IJordan and Martinez and Hall's fluke loss to Brooks. Suriano and Nevills as bookends ain't too shabby either! It would appear that all but 133 are primed for their tournament run. Enjoy the ride.

Hall lost to Meyer, not Brooks (The Mullet was shown the lights in that dual by Bo).

Not to be picky but if Nick S won by decision and everything else stayed the same the final score would have been 30-7. Add 3 to PSU and subtract 6 from OSU.
Not sure what you are saying ... the OP clearly said Suriano decision AND Gullibon pin - 36-4

Not to be picky but if Nick S won by decision and everything else stayed the same the final score would have been 30-7. Add 3 to PSU and subtract 6 from OSU.

Except that Gulibon pinned Heil, not once, but 3 times in the last two periods....score should have been 10-6 after 141 and everyone knows it. Injury Defaults happen, but even with Nick's Injury Default while winning and controling the match, the final score should have been PSU 33 - Pokes 10.

Who cares what the score was. The Pokes sent 10 wrestlers into competition and I can't think of one of them who can say they performed well. Their opponents whooped them bad in front of their record crowd.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
Who cares what the score was. The Pokes sent 10 wrestlers into competition and I can't think of one of them who can say they performed well. Their opponents whooped them bad in front of their record crowd.

I thought Picc looked good, but you're right for the most part. They got outclassed in their building big time.

What the others were factoring in was the 2x Jimmy had Heil pinned and the ref missed the call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT