ADVERTISEMENT

The Shame of It.

joeaubie21

Oct 13, 2021
SIAP....The Peach Bowl did more to honor Joe than our own University has done. Other coaches were mentioned as well.

The Penn State BoT and our administration continues to be a disgrace. Will Neeli wake up or will the BS of the status quo continue?

Why, after all fifteen felony charges against C/S/S were dropped, didn't the BOT publicly denounce the whole narrative, or at least restore Joe's reputation? What could possibly be the reason to allow the narrative to continue?
The majority of the BOT lacks leadership skills and are totally not up to the requirements of the job. They take the positions primarily to make business connections and fiduciary, or any, responsibility is the last thing on their minds. That is my guess.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^
The Penn state bot striking a deal that basically prevented inquiry into the 2M seemed to be an obvious cya move for scared bot members who were happy to make Joe a public enemy to save their own hide.
Agree 1000% - we will never know but the 2M should have been investigated INDEPENDENTLY - the kids came from there after all.

Woke has nothing to do with it. More like covering the asses of board members involvement with Second Mile.
Woke is always part of the rush to judgment relative to this kind of case. After all I was called a ped enabler fan and then.had to sit through football games and listen to one team shit and if you see something say something. All season. Fuc-ing disgrace.

Or it was simply many members of the BOT didn't like Paterno and wanted to see his reputation diminished if not destroyed. Then many people, including those here, voted in board members that were huge issues thinking they'd are a difference instead of making it worse. The reality is...Paterno legacy is different to everyone. For me Paterno was a great coach and an even better person who was flawed like everyone. He did make mistakes and the sooner that's acknowledged the sooner others might comprehend there were mistakes not a cover up.

Or it was simply many members of the BOT didn't like Paterno and wanted to see his reputation diminished if not destroyed. Then many people, including those here, voted in board members that were huge issues thinking they'd are a difference instead of making it worse. The reality is...Paterno legacy is different to everyone. For me Paterno was a great coach and an even better person who was flawed like everyone. He did make mistakes and the sooner that's acknowledged the sooner others might comprehend there were mistakes not a cover up.
lol

It was Jerry's supporters on the BOT who insisted he be given Emeritus Status. Part of his retirement agreement was unrestricted access with TSM children to the football facilities. Joe objected to this in writing.
Whatever MM saw and or when he reported, Joe followed University policy and what is now NCAA policy to the letter. Even though Sandusky was no longer working for him.
End of story.
Everyone knows about the Surma Vendetta and how Papa Suhey turned on Joe. Yet Papa knew as much or more than Joe because he spoke to Tim before JS was indicted.....insisting Tim should take some sort of action. The movers and shakers on the BOT were focused on this issue and to claim otherwise is downright hilarious. I mean I read the Sara Ganim article at breakfast in State College when I visited spring practice in March 2011.
Post script.....the leaders on the BOT knew Joe was retiring at the end of 2011. Ira spoke to several coaches on his own in the summer of 2011. Mike London (Virginia) was one of them.

I know--you likely worship him and don't think he did anything wrong
You're the fan O'Brien hated
You likely also voted for Lubrano
I don't worship Joe. I respect and revere him. O'Brien is okay, nothing special. A career assistant coach who rubbed against Brady and it made him rich. NE won super bowls before OB was OC and after he was OC....never with him.
I didn't vote for Lubrano, but admire him.

I don't worship Joe. I respect and revere him. O'Brien is okay, nothing special. A career assistant coach who rubbed against Brady and it made him rich. NE won super bowls before OB was OC and after he was OC....never with him.
Why didn't you vote for him if admire him?
Fine. I take worship back. We'll go with revere. Do you believe Joe made any mistakes regarding Sandusky? Even as small as he should have gone on the offensive after the attacks like Boeheim did. Or did you think he handled everything perfectly? Trying go determine what I'm dealing with here

Why didn't you vote for him if admire him?
Fine. I take worship back. We'll go with revere. Do you believe Joe made any mistakes regarding Sandusky? Even as small as he should have gone on the offensive after the attacks like Boeheim did. Or did you think he handled everything perfectly? Trying go determine what I'm dealing with here
Joe made many mistakes like every human in his lifetime. None in the Sandusky incident. Sandusky was retired and Joe had no authority over his actions. He properly reported it to his superiors.
Go on the offensive? The man had terminal cancer. Seriously you are an idiot.

Joe made many mistakes like every human in his lifetime. None in the Sandusky incident. Sandusky was retired and Joe had no authority over his actions. He properly reported it to his superiors.
Go on the offensive? The man had terminal cancer. Seriously you are an idiot.
Paterno handled the Sandusky situation perfectly? Gotcha--this explains you nonsense about Franklin > Smart.
Yes, even with terminal cancer many would have fought until their last breath. I would have. Most would have.
He was coaching how many days before the story broke? So he could coach but couldn't release a statement defending his actions (or inaction) yupp

Reactions: WHCANole
Paterno handled the Sandusky situation perfectly? Gotcha--this explains you nonsense about Franklin > Smart.
Yes, even with terminal cancer many would have fought until their last breath. I would have. Most would have.
You would have done shit. Just like you do here. Comparing yourself to Joe Paterno. Go give yourself a timeout ....call yourself an idiot, I'm too tired to do it myself.

He was coaching how many days before the story broke? So he could coach but couldn't release a statement defending his actions (or inaction) yupp
I'll say t h i s s l o w l y.....it was not Joe's situation to handle. LOL

You would have done shit. Just like you do here. Comparing yourself to Joe Paterno. Go give yourself a timeout ....call yourself an idiot, I'm too tired to do it myself.
I would have handled it better than Joe. I don't need to compare myself to him. He set a low bar of only doing the minimum because he had to. Revere away.

I know--you likely worship him and don't think he did anything wrong
You're the fan O'Brien hated
You likely also voted for Lubrano
We can argue if Curley and Shultz should have done more. We can even argue if Joe should have done more even though he did exactly what the NCAA requires.

That has little to do with the fact that the BOT threw a few people under the bus hoping that would make everything go away. Karen Peets said as much.

Look at what happened at MSU compared to PSU. Many alleged victims reported abuse to MSU officials while no victims reported abuse to PSU officials. Both institutions had a fiduciary responsibility to protect their respective universities. MSU did that while the PSU BOT rolled over and hoped that sacrificing a few employees would make it go away. Look at the different outcomes.

We can argue if Curley and Shultz should have done more. We can even argue if Joe should have done more even though he did exactly what the NCAA requires.

That has little to do with the fact that the BOT threw a few people under the bus hoping that would make everything go away. Karen Peets said as much.

Look at what happened at MSU compared to PSU. Many alleged victims reported abuse to MSU officials while no victims reported abuse to PSU officials. Both institutions had a fiduciary responsibility to protect their respective universities. MSU did that while the PSU BOT rolled over and hoped that sacrificing a few employees would make it go away. Look at the different outcomes.
Oh I agree. Michigan State handled it how it should be handled. The powers that be here bent over and asked for more.

Agree 1000% - we will never know but the 2M should have been investigated INDEPENDENTLY - the kids came from there after all.
There was a federal investigation of the Second Mile, just that nothing nefarious was discovered.

We are barking up the wrong tree by trying to deflect the blame to the 2nd mile. Even if a Second Mile cover up is discovered, it would not exonerate JoePa. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if the media uses to to portray JoePA as even worse, as Joe had many ties to the second mile board members (which is not surprising given the second miles ties to PSU football and State College being a relatively small city)

Listen to the “With the Benefit of Hindsight” podcast by John Ziegler and Liz Habib. Everyone is innocent.

Wasn’t the whole theory of “O’Brien left because of Paterno people” just another lie David Jones made up. Just like when he claimed he received a “detailed account of the Victim 2 shower incident” several months before McQueary even came forwrd

Unfortunately, too many of our BOT are appointed (or hand delivered) and have little/no connection to higher education, funding, or “big” industry. Think governor appointed and those connected to agriculture. These are nice appointees but share little or no real strategic plan for PSU. We’re slowly but surely sinking in national university rankings. Look at some of the great trustees appointed to other universities with connections to Silicon Valley and high-level firms and you cringe at our lack of acumen.

Reactions: joeaubie21
There was a federal investigation of the Second Mile, just that nothing nefarious was discovered.

We are barking up the wrong tree by trying to deflect the blame to the 2nd mile. Even if a Second Mile cover up is discovered, it would not exonerate JoePa. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if the media uses to to portray JoePA as even worse, as Joe had many ties to the second mile board members (which is not surprising given the second miles ties to PSU football and State College being a relatively small city)

Listen to the “With the Benefit of Hindsight” podcast by John Ziegler and Liz Habib. Everyone is innocent.
An agent of TSM, an organization for troubled youth, was allowed to have unsupervised one on one contact with TSM participants.

I think it's safe to say they did something wrong.

An agent of TSM, an organization for troubled youth, was allowed to have unsupervised one on one contact with TSM participants.

I think it's safe to say they did something wrong.
This was all before the Catholic Church scandal broke. Did any organizations have policies against unsupervised one on one contact between leaders and youth at the time?

Reactions: joeaubie21
You Freehbasers are all clones. Keep bashing Ziegler without ever explaining how his findings are erroneous.
Freeh? Who said anything about Freeh?
Ziegler is 100% as bad if not worse. He's just playing to want he knows certain people want to hear in order to get attention. I'm sure you'd let your boys spend a weekend at the Sandusky house.

• Love
Reactions: WHCANole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT