ADVERTISEMENT

The Shawshank Redemption on AMC

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don’t want to know. Some things are better left unsaid. I’d like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can’t expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was as if some beautiful bird had flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free."

But in case you want to know (🎶😉🎶)...

I play clip from the movie in my lectures on cybercrime and how Tim Robbins created a fictional person, Randall Stephens, to launder the money. Great movie and ahead of its time on Synthetic IDs.

You teach kids how to do cybercrime?

Good line…..”On the outside I always played it straight. I had to go to prison learn how to be a crook”

Reactions: jjw165
I love the movie but the entire time I am watching it, I am thinking "can you imagine how much that stinks in there?"

I used to work with this guy...absolutely hated his job. We had weird schedules all over the place. You'd work all three shifts in a matter of five days then go on 7 nights in a row. It'd end on a Wednesday morning then you were off till Monday at 3.

He used to leave work on Wednesday morning, stay up and get ripped all day and go to bed that night to try and get back to some semblance of a normal sleep cycle. He always used to say he felt like Andy in that scene after he crawled through the shit pipe and came out in the rainstorm reaching up to the heavens on Wednesday morning. I think about that all the time when that movie is mentioned and laugh.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT