ADVERTISEMENT

They have an 1,800 rusher and a new QB transfer from Kentucky

bdgan

May 29, 2008
3 OL return to help their RB 8 starters return form a pretty good defense.

I saw one prediction that they would win their division and finish 8-4. Certainly not a gimme game.

You mean San Diego State - they will be tough and certainly not a gimme game. Home field should at a big advantage I hope.

I saw one prediction that they would win their division and finish 8-4. Certainly not a gimme game.

Did you mean to post that in the SDSU thread?

A QB transfer from Kentucky doesn't necessarily sound like a positive thing to me. It means they have a new starter at QB who couldn't earn PT at a bottom feeding school.

Could you be a bit more specific when you say "they"? It helps those of us who are not able to read your mind.
Sorry, I meant this as a reply to the SD State thread. I just went back to edit but noticed that you can't edit the title.

Tough to travel from the Left Coast to PA and then play inspired ball in front of a hostile crowd,

Sorry, I meant this as a reply to the SD State thread. I just went back to edit but noticed that you can't edit the title.

Use the "Report" button to ask a moderator to merge this thread with the other one.

A QB transfer from Kentucky doesn't necessarily sound like a positive thing to me. It means they have a new starter at QB who couldn't earn PT at a bottom feeding school.
I was thinking the same, if he couldn't play QB a UK, why could he play QB at SDSU??

He's actually played quite a bit. Pretty underwhelming but, the 9 tds to 1 int in 2013 wasn't too bad.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/517427/maxwell-smith
SEA CMP ATT YDS CP% YPA LG TD INT SACK RAT ADJ QBR
2013 105 183 1276 57.4 6.97 88 9 1 18 131.1 42.8
2012 103 150 975 68.7 6.50 56 8 4 5 135.5 59.6
2011 84 153 819 54.9 5.35 55 4 4 16 103.3 31.6

Aren't a bunch of players suspended for our game with them though...including majority of OL??

Aren't a bunch of players suspended for our game with them though...including majority of OL??

You are correct and a couple of important ones....

Five San Diego State players have been suspended for six games each as a result of a violation of team rules, coach Rocky Long announced on Monday.

“Stuff like this seems to happen from time to time,” Long said via The San Diego Union-Tribune. “It's a disappointing deal. These are young people who make mistakes and you have to discipline them.”

Included in the group is Darrell Greene, the starting right guard at the end of spring practice and one of the more experienced offensive linemen on the Aztecs roster. According to the Union-Tribune, Greene's backups are a converted tight end and a converted defensive lineman.

The other players suspended are sophomore cornerback Billy Vaughn Jr., sophomore linebacker Fred Melifonwu, third-string sophomore cornerback Derek Babiash and sophomore fullback Parker Wells.

A violation of team rules can range from missing a class to something much more major infraction, but at this time there has been no report to indicate what led to this severe punishment.

The five suspended players will miss the entire non-conference slate, including road trips to Cal and Penn State, along with the Mountain West opener against Fresno State and a road game at Hawaii.

Yes bdgan, you can edit the title if your post is the lead post in the thread.

To the left of the Post Thread button, see a small wrench. When you select it, it is labelled "Thread Tools." There are two options for you to select. bdgan.

• Edit Title
  • Add Poll

You are correct that if you select Edit in the lower left of your post, it only allows editing of the message section and does not allow Title editing.

Enjoy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT