ADVERTISEMENT

Things I miss about College Football, help me out...

I don't live in Big 10 territory and the BTN charges cable providers a large chunk of money to offer it so there aren't enough Big fans here to make it worth it for the cable provider to offer it. I already looked into it.

I really do not understand this. No one holds a gun to your head to force you to watch them.
confused-smiley-013.gif

That's true - no one forces me to watch them. What I'm trying to say is that making a bowl game is no longer an accomplishment. Maybe some people out there find that as a good thing - that's fine. But I miss when it actually meant something when your team got to go to a bowl game. 6-6, in my opinion, shouldn't be worth a bowl game. (I'm not saying that 6-6 teams, like Penn State in 2014, should have to apologize for going to a bowl game - if you get the invite you go.) 9-3 should barely be bowl game-worthy.

Again, unless Penn State is playing, or O$U is losing, I'm probably not watching it. (Mostly because it's probably on ESPN.) I just like to see bowl games as a reward for a truly good season.

I don't live in Big 10 territory and the BTN charges cable providers a large chunk of money to offer it so there aren't enough Big fans here to make it worth it for the cable provider to offer it. I already looked into it.
Actually the BTN charges much less for out of BIG states coverage.

Reactions: stf110
When conferences were regional and not "mega" in stature...conference rivals (in our case, the independents) were not half a continent away. Seriously, Rutgers/Maryland/Penn State (and WVU for that matter) are not in the Midwest..:Colorado/Utah are not on the pacific...Missouri/TAMU/Arkansas are not in the southeast. Greedy conference commissioners and their bosses have ruined a once great sport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT