ADVERTISEMENT

things you dont want to eat.....

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Since LP has said he will eat a shoe if Teaz AAs at 125 next season, it got me thinking.......

I agree that I dont think that happens, but eating a shoe is something I wouldnt wager. Maybe togs could take over this bet and eat a shoe since he welched on his prior bet on the board......

Which brings me to my topic, what are things you have wagered to eat if you lost a bet.....

#keepitcleanImtoldkidsreadthisstuff

Reactions: LemonPie
Since LP has said he will eat a shoe if Teaz AAs at 125 next season, it got me thinking.......

I agree that I dont think that happens, but eating a shoe is something I wouldnt wager. Maybe togs could take over this bet and eat a shoe since he welched on his prior bet on the board......

Which brings me to my topic, what are things you have wagered to eat if you lost a bet.....

#keepitcleanImtoldkidsreadthisstuff
Actually, Lemon said he will eat a shoe if Teasdale AAs next season, period. No restriction on weight class.

Reactions: udt012
I offered to help him out by purchasing new shoes for him to munch on.

Anyhow, I wouldn't touch.
Never mind, you said keep it clean.

Many years ago I bartended at a place that "Dive" would be an extreme compliment. The regulars bet another regular that he wouldn't drink out of the toilet plunger in the men's bathroom. When the pot passed 100.00 he took the bet. He ordered 4 shots of 151 and poured them around the rim ( that impressed me )...…..filled it with draft and drank it down....every drop. Not even close to the worst thing I saw at that bar :)

Last edited:
I suppose they could pull a.Charlie Chaplain and eat a licorice shoe. Although, rumour has it that they shot so many takes of that scene from the 'Gold Rush' that the licorice had a.laxative effect.

Many years ago I bartended at a place that "Dive" would be an extreme compliment. The regulars bet another regular that he wouldn't drink out of the toilet plunger in the men's bathroom. When the pot passed 100.00 he took the bet. He ordered 4 shots of 151 and poured them around the rim ( that impressed me )...…..filled it with draft and drank it down....every drop. Not even close to the worst thing I saw at that bar :)
Well, not much chance of me eating any breakfast now!

Bacardi 151, amaretto, and Pepsi. Tastes like Dr. Pepper with a kick... yummm! Just leave out the toilet plunger.

Reactions: funkisfun12
I saw a guy pluck one off of his screen door and chomp it down, as a reaction to a woman who had never been in the country and screamed bloody murder at "that bug" on the door.

June bugs probably aren't that bad if you cook them. That's pretty much what they do in rural areas of Latin America with various types of beetles. I wouldn't eat a Japanese beetle, though. Gross.

And as for, say, crickets, honestly to me it's a love-hate thing. I was dared to eat raw crickets once. On the one hand, it definitely is an, uh, acquired taste to bite into a raw cricket and feel the odd crunch followed by goo. On the other hand, the cricket tastes nutty and salty in a surprisingly pleasant way. I ate several. Would love to try them fried.

Of course there stink bugs everywhere now. Both the green American ones and the new Chinese "imports." that'd be the worst thing I could think of eating. The culinary equivalent of getting sprayed by a skunk, because you aren't getting rid of that taste.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Durian.

Smells like used baby diapers, and strong enough that it's prohibited in most business and tourist buildings in Asia.

Reactions: Needanap
Once ate a fly in exchange for a walking stick at Camp Krislund. A spider, bird, cat, dog, cow and horse did not follow. I do know why I swallowed the fly.

And, once ate a goldfish at Richfield Dutch Days, but I can't remember what I got in exchange. A few bucks, I think.

Reactions: hlstone and ecdcr
Durian.

Smells like used baby diapers, and strong enough that it's prohibited in most business and tourist buildings in Asia.
There is something seriously screwed up with Chinese peoples' taste buds. Or, is there something seriously screwed up with ours?

I've eaten ants in Zimbabwe, grubs in Belize, and balut on the island of Panay. There's not much I won't try at least once.

But durian is far beyond my gastro-intestinal capacity.

Reactions: jtothemfp
While I have seen and smelled durian in some markets in NYC, the closest that I've come to tasting it was some durian flavored candy a co-worker brought back from China. Even though it was probably 98% sugar, it was one of the most horrible things that I have ever tasted. It tasted of rotten onions and the flavor stuck with you for a long time. Even worse was the smell that wafted from your mouth up into my sinuses which was a heady aroma of dirty diaper with a touch of spoiled meat. I really like to try anything once, however after that candy experience, I think that I shall pass on durian if it is ever offered.

Reactions: Reslo
I will try a lot of things, but I believe I would draw the line at balut! Just watching them eat it on Survivor is enough for me.

OTOH, I love scapple. If you get it from a reputable butcher I do not know what people complain about. It is like hot dogs, sure, if you buy the packs of 8 for $1.50 versus the All Beef natural casing ones there are corners that are cut and you might not want to partake. It is all in the cost and the reputation of the butcher.

Durian.

EJ - While you are certainly in the neighborhood with the "diaper" comparison, I don't think there is a baby ugly enough to match the stench of the Durian fruit. After 25 years of regular business travel to Asia (estimated 50+ trips), I have enjoyed watching many US/Canadian business people experience the legendary Durian for the first time.

One of my colleagues in Manila would eat Durian like Americans eat ice cream. At dinner, he insisted on ordering Durian for him and all newbies for desert. Fun times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT