ADVERTISEMENT

This from NYC planning office

Because of this is not on the test board, I will try and keep this apolitical. Seriously, how are places like NY/NJ/Conn/California going to sustain if they erode these high earners year in and year out? Something has to give right?

A study shows that New York City has lost 10 percent of taxpayers earning over $750,000 and 6 percent of those who make between $150,000 and $750,000.

More tax increases are planned.
I sold one of my properties this year. I couldn't take the NY taxes anymore. I was able to pull very nice rent but as fast as I would hike that (I don't do it to in place tenants unless 5 years has passed), NY would undercut my cash flow. It was hard to stay positive cash flow and not nickle and dime my tenants. If you do that then you will have more turnover and more issues in general. So I sold. Done with that state.

A study shows that New York City has lost 10 percent of taxpayers earning over $750,000 and 6 percent of those who make between $150,000 and $750,000.

Great. Let the liberals live with the failed results of the policies they support. Losing 10% of the top earners is a huge loss.

It will get worse. The city will pretty much have to raise taxes to compensate for the lost tax base. More taxpayers will leave. Who pays the taxes then? Liberals love to pass the buck to the top 1%. The point that goes over their head is the top 1% have options. They can leave.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!
More seriously, the middle class always gets screwed. Those making a ton have the option to move. And move they do to Florida, Tennessee and Texas. The poor don’t pay taxes as they don’t own real estate or have larger income. So who gets soaked? Those making $80k to $250k.

Because of this is not on the test board, I will try and keep this apolitical. Seriously, how are places like NY/NJ/Conn/California going to sustain if they erode these high earners year in and year out? Something has to give right?
Their lunatic ideology and racialization of everything and the moron voting base will enable this to continue. NYC has also lost over 3000 police officers this year too.

Great. Let the liberals live with the failed results of the policies they support. Losing 10% of the top earners is a huge loss.
The problem is that 40% of residents are conservative.

You cannot be logical and save the word at the same time

Reactions: bison13
More seriously, the middle class always gets screwed. Those making a ton have the option to move. And move they do to Florida, Tennessee and Texas. The poor don’t pay taxes as they don’t own real estate or have larger income. So who gets soaked? Those making $80k to $250k.
True

Ultra-rich taxpayers, making more than $10 million annually, increased by about 150, to 1,900.

It will get worse. The city will pretty much have to raise taxes to compensate for the lost tax base. More taxpayers will leave. Who pays the taxes then? Liberals love to pass the buck to the top 1%. The point that goes over their head is the top 1% have options. They can leave.
And it will get even worse than that.

Yesteryear, when the country was an industrial/ manufacturing powerhouse cities, states,a nd counties could raise taxes all they wanted because it was nearly impossible to shut down and rebuild a steel mill or automobile factory in a state with lower taxes. Huge buildings and machinery, thousands of employees in each factory, plus railroads, barge docks, major highways, water and sewer and power. All of this would take years to rebuild. So these businesses were stuck and just paid the taxes.

Now businesses are computer and internet based. They can locate anywhere. Shutbdown Friday and reopen Monday three thousand miles away. Even over night if they wanted to. There are brokerage firms leaving the NYC metro area for cheaper places with better weather.

Government types need to realize this. And soon.

This entire thread is a waste of time and shame on you for posting it.

The data is from 2020 and even a marginally educated person knows that everyone worked remote in 2020 and employment hubs, like NYC, were Hit.

Delete the post

Reactions: GreggK
Black on black crime is the real result of cashless bail. No bail was sold as bringing equity to poor blacks. The truth is that it benefits a small minority that commit the crimes and victimizes the majority of poor blacks who are crime victims..
I knew what you meant right away. The vast majority of crime victims are poor black people. A terrible shame how innocent people are harmed.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the New York state residents and businesses not in the city will pick up more of the burden and the federal government and all of you will do your duty as well to keep the apple from rotting further. Do your duty and stop complaining.

Unfortunately the New York state residents and businesses not in the city will pick up more of the burden and the federal government and all of you will do your duty as well to keep the apple from rotting further. Do your duty and stop complaining.
PA is basically the same as NY; the citizens who don't live in the big mess which is the city in the Southeastern part of the Commonwealth, the ones who don't live in a bit smaller mess which is the city in the Southwestern part of the Commonwealth, and the ones who don't live in a even smaller mess which is the city in the central part of the Commonwealth, have to pay for all of the garbage that happens in those messes.

Last edited:
This entire thread is a waste of time and shame on you for posting it.

The data is from 2020 and even a marginally educated person knows that everyone worked remote in 2020 and employment hubs, like NYC, were Hit.

Delete the post
Whatever this particular data shows, NY/NJ/IL/CA are bleeding wealth and have been for much longer than C0VID.

Whatever this particular data shows, NY/NJ/IL/CA are bleeding wealth and have been for much longer than C0VID.

90% of the counties that lost population over the last decade voted for Trump. The entire state of WV is projected to lose substantial population over the next 10 years. Most of the country is essentially no better off than a third-world country (and getting worse). NYC is the least of our concerns as a country.

• Haha
Reactions: EPC FAN and hlstone
90% of the counties that lost population over the last decade voted for Trump. The entire state of WV is projected to lose substantial population over the next 10 years. Most of the country is essentially no better off than a third-world country (and getting worse). NYC is the least of our concerns as a country.
Which is why Trump won. These people know both parties sold them out to the Chamber of Commerce, corporate globalists, China and everyone else.

In another week, when the Southern border will be overrun even more than it has been since late January 2021 when the Puppet took office, maybe all the places in the Rust Belt and Midwest and California that have lost people to Tennessee, Florida and Texas can become repopulated with a bunch of people who have broken this country's emigration laws with impunity. As a resident of PA, I'm really looking forward to that.

In another week, when the Southern border will be overrun even more than it has been since late January 2021 when the Puppet took office, maybe all the places in the Rust Belt and Midwest and California that have lost people to Tennessee, Florida and Texas can become repopulated with a bunch of people who have broken this country's emigration laws with impunity. As a resident of PA, I'm really looking forward to that.

You think illegal immigrants are moving to all of the declining counties in PA???

What on earth would make you think it was a good idea to post this on the main board?
1. It's only been the most popular thread the past couple of days. People obviously have interest in it on these down days with no football.

2. Most of us aren't too fragile to discuss real life without running to our safe spaces. And many of us have had experiences with NY that are of interest.

Right. Only post info that supports Gregg's politics. Maybe the doj or fbi can get rivals to ban the op.

My politics has nothing to do with it. I am on the test board all of the time.
Before this board became complete trash, politics, on both sides stayed there.

My politics has nothing to do with it. I am on the test board all of the time.
Before this board became complete trash, politics, on both sides stayed there.
You mean before Tom left and lied about what was going on with this board, only liberal views were permitted on this board. Conservative posts were deleted or moved to the test board while liberal posts were permitted.

You mean before Tom left and lied about what was going on with this board, only liberal views were permitted on this board. Conservative posts were deleted or moved to the test board while liberal posts were permitted.

If thats what you want to believe. Also, I am sure you could understand, or maybe not, but Tom wasn't allowed to say what was happening.

Political posts on these boards are everything wrong with this country right now.

I agree that this stuff helped ruin the McAndrew Board- at least for me. But since there is such concern for the innocent city dwellers and tidal wave of job stealers I guess we are in the conversation.

I'm a centrist who believes in no political party. I voted for both blue and red candidates in the most recent election based on their abilities to meet my hopes for #1 my wife and myself and #2 my community.

Here is a legitimate question for the conservative voices who support our past (and maybe future) President as it relates to immigration:

If you are a business owner who is a tried and true Trumpian, is it allowable for you to hire workers who may not be documented and still be able to wave the MAGA flag?

Using "employment agencies" who are willing to take the risk for a big profit by underpaying migrants and creating false documentation is one way that businesses get to reap the benefit of the corporate tax break from DT- yet also say that they do not directly hire "illegals."

Is it ethical for someone to do this as a business practice if there are no US citizens available to do the work?

This question goes beyond political rhetoric- is it possible to have your cake and eat it too?

I agree that this stuff helped ruin the McAndrew Board- at least for me. But since there is such concern for the innocent city dwellers and tidal wave of job stealers I guess we are in the conversation.

I'm a centrist who believes in no political party. I voted for both blue and red candidates in the most recent election based on their abilities to meet my hopes for #1 my wife and myself and #2 my community.

Here is a legitimate question for the conservative voices who support our past (and maybe future) President as it relates to immigration:

If you are a business owner who is a tried and true Trumpian, is it allowable for you to hire workers who may not be documented and still be able to wave the MAGA flag?

Using "employment agencies" who are willing to take the risk for a big profit by underpaying migrants and creating false documentation is one way that businesses get to reap the benefit of the corporate tax break from DT- yet also say that they do not directly hire "illegals."

Is it ethical for someone to do this as a business practice if there are no US citizens available to do the work?

This question goes beyond political rhetoric- is it possible to have your cake and eat it too?

Based upon your comments, you are far from a centrist.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT