ADVERTISEMENT

This will be a tough out...

21Guns

Dec 10, 2013
Bellefonte
Looks like they redshirt the kid at 165 so that's a small break, and because of that, Bo Jordan I think, is going to end up staying at 165. Still think it will be hard for Martin to hold 174, but they don't have any other choice if Jordan doesn't go at 174. This will force their hand then, into a hole at 184, by their choice of course. The wild cards are 197 and Moore, who we still are not certain of how good he is(he is good), 133 because if you think Pletcher/Rodriguez are better than Cortez or Clark or Brock then you're nuts, and 149 is a ? because I'm not ready to say Jordan performs as well at a weight he is being forced to move up to. Yes, looks as though I was wrong about Nato moving up, (I wasn't alone but more than certain nobody will jump in and admit it like I am), and Snyder will be back regardless of Rio.

This is going to be very hard to beat:

Expected Ohio State lineup:
125: Nathan Tomasello
133: Luke Pletcher/Jose Rodriguez
141: Ke-Shawn Hayes
149: Micah Jordan
157: Jake Ryan
165: Bo Jordan/Justin Kresevic
174: Myles Martin/Bo Jordan
184: Jack Rozema/Myles Martin
197: Kollin Moore
285: Kyle Snyder

Last edited:
Looks like they redshirt the kid at 165 so that's a small break, and because of that, Bo Jordan I think, is going to end up staying at 165. Still think it will be hard for Martin to hold 174, but they don't have any other choice if Jordan doesn't go at 174. This will force their hand then, into a hole at 184, by their choice of course. The wild cards are 197 and Moore, who we still are not certain of how good he is(he is good), 133 because if you think Pletcher/Rodriguez are better than Cortez or Clark or Brock then you're nuts, and they become weaker at 49 and 57. Yes, looks as though I was wrong about Nato moving up, (I wasn't alone but more than certain nobody will jump in and admit it like I am), and Snyder will be back regardless of Rio.

How do they become weaker at 149 and 157? Micah (a natl qualifier) moves to 149, where they had no qualifier and no points, and a young stud comes off redshirt to fill in at 141. Hayes was the #11 recruit in the country, and was like 26-2 last year, so not much of a drop-off. Ryan is the same, top 20 maybe top 12? What makes you think that they are better off with Rozema at 84, instead of Kresevic at 165?

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
How do they become weaker at 149 and 157? Micah (a natl qualifier) moves to 149, where they had no qualifier and no points, and a young stud comes off redshirt to fill in at 141. Hayes was the #11 recruit in the country, and was like 26-2 last year, so not much of a drop-off. Ryan is the same, top 20 maybe top 12? What makes you think that they are better off with Rozema at 84, instead of Kresevic at 165?

Ryan's entire strategy will be based on getting as many points as possible in St Louis. I will not address your post, or anything you post, based on your status as a poster who attempts to bait and insult. My post is their lineup. Discuss, or don't discuss, period.

Ryan's entire strategy will be based on getting as many points as possible in St Louis. I will not address your post, or anything you post, based on your status as a poster who attempts to bait and insult. My post is their lineup. Discuss, or don't discuss, period.
If my post isn't about their lineup, what is it about? Gee if you don't understand it that way, let me put my questions about your comments individually...

1. How does Micah moving to 149 make them weaker?
2. How does 157 become weaker, with the same guy there?
3. If Bo stays at 165, and Martin at 174, that leaves Rozema at 184. Is that a better lineup than both moving up, and leaving Kresevic at 165?

Just simple questions.

I think you made some good points. Plus 157 has cleared out some. Even though I don't care for Ryan (check Nolf match last year), he has potential to do better at NCAAs. It will be interesting to see how well Micah does at 149 and if BJ goes to 174, how well he can do moving up. Tough lineup for sure.

I think you made some good points. Plus 157 has cleared out some. Even though I don't care for Ryan (check Nolf match last year), he has potential to do better at NCAAs. It will be interesting to see how well Micah does at 149 and if BJ goes to 174, how well he can do moving up. Tough lineup for sure.

My biggest question is #3 about the backups. Neither seems to be a worldbeater, nor a complete dud. Thought maybe the OP might have some inside info to base his opinion on.

I think the first two questions answer themselves. The combination of Hayes/Jordan is better than last years combination, and Ryan didn't get any worse. Might have a few newcomers that will move ahead of him, though.

But he be a little sensitive-didn't see any insults there like i was accused of. He is the one making ad hominem attacks (sorry, Jefe, don't have any cute smiley faces to put there!)

Looks like they redshirt the kid at 165 so that's a small break, and because of that, Bo Jordan I think, is going to end up staying at 165. Still think it will be hard for Martin to hold 174, but they don't have any other choice if Jordan doesn't go at 174. This will force their hand then, into a hole at 184, by their choice of course. The wild cards are 197 and Moore, who we still are not certain of how good he is(he is good), 133 because if you think Pletcher/Rodriguez are better than Cortez or Clark or Brock then you're nuts, and they become weaker at 49 and 57. Yes, looks as though I was wrong about Nato moving up, (I wasn't alone but more than certain nobody will jump in and admit it like I am), and Snyder will be back regardless of Rio.

We will kill that line up !!!!

Literally a thread about this a few posts down

Who was Hayes 2nd lost too? 133# & 184# are interesting weights for tOSU but the rest of the lineup seems very solid.

Hayes lost to a kid from Princeton. He also came back and beat the very same kid. That was it, one loss.

Well, duh...isn't that the strategy for Sanderson, and Smith, and Smith, and Brands, and Koll, and everybody else, as well?

Well, duh...isn't that the strategy for Sanderson, and Smith, and Smith, and Brands, and Koll, and everybody else, as well?

As opposed to a strategy to put a dual meet team on the mat to win dual meets.

Discuss the post. Ohio State: Tough lineup. Anything else and it's no sale, I'm done with my little group of haters, they poison every thread, every post, and they exist for no other reason.

Discuss the post. Ohio State: Tough lineup. Anything else and it's no sale, I'm done with my little group of haters, they poison every thread, every post, and they exist for no other reason.

Gee, why does it seem like you are the only one that thinks so? I asked 3 simple questions about the lineup-which you haven't answered. I guess maybe no one else has answered them, so you can't copy and paste it? Every time someone asks a question you get all pissy instead of answering. Get over yourself.

I really don't think there are very many coaches who are going to sit their best (tournament) wrestlers in order to have a strong dual meet team. As of right now, and for the foreseeable future, Directors' Cup Points are not given out based on the best dual team. But yes, obviously, this is a very strong lineup with the potential to win it all.

And you obviously have a very warped view of what a "hater" is. Disagreement on one point (or even a million points) does not constitute hatred, it constitutes having a difference of opinion. I can count the number of people I "hate" on one hand...and I don't speak to them.

Gee, why does it seem like you are the only one that thinks so? I asked 3 simple questions about the lineup-which you haven't answered. I guess maybe no one else has answered them, so you can't copy and paste it? Every time someone asks a question you get all pissy instead of answering. Get over yourself.

You are on ignore.

Discuss the lineup, not my viewpoints on it.

YAY! My first ignore! From such a distinguished person too. I feel complimented. Thank goodness I can post freely without having to worry about hating and attacking.

In other words, you don't have a viewpoint, other than what you copy from other's posts. Still don't see how what I posted before your hateful ad hominem attacks wasn't about the lineup, and I asked why you felt like you did about the two backups.

But then I guess I don't follow juvenile logic well.

It could also be looked at in terms of who is going to improve points-wise, and who will be a push, or a lower total. Ryan, at 157, I believe will improve his total in St Louis. How much? Not sure, but yes, some improvement. Is Martin going to have an entire weight class clear out for him again? I would be surprised if he went at 174, but it all depends on Bo Jordan: If he moves up to 174, then Martin goes at 184, but if he stays at 165(which I think is what will happen), then Ryan will force Martin to go at 174. Hence, they lose points at 184, but get most likely a push at 165, and who knows about 174 because Martin had a ton of breaks last year on his way to that title, not even mentioning his championship "win", in which he ran for 1:45 seconds of the third period.

Just an observation here, not an attack I assure you. You set yourself up for criticism when you repeatedly end your posts with "FACT." You lose a lot of credibility when your facts turn out to be just another man's opinion.

You can see how posters on several wrestling boards struggle to hold your Facts with much value, Can't you? I mean if your being honest with yourself that is.. Instead of ending with "Fact" how about trying "just my opinion". Might go over better. But hey, this is just my opinion.

You are on ignore.

Discuss the lineup, not my viewpoints on it.

Isn't discussion s of posts within a thread what these boards are about?

If all we were to do is posts "facts" and then walk away it wouldn't be all that interesting.

As a poster who cut your teeth on the free board I would think that would be a reasonable understanding of how things work.

Also for a poster who took the wrestling boards by storm .....to think the boards wouldn't have a memory and that you wouldn't get called on it seems a bit off.

Isn't discussion s of posts within a thread what these boards are about?

If all we were to do is posts "facts" and then walk away it wouldn't be all that interesting.

As a poster who cut your teeth on the free board I would think that would be a reasonable understanding of how things work.

Also for a poster who took the wrestling boards by storm .....to think the boards wouldn't have a memory and that you wouldn't get called on it seems a bit off.

I've been following the team as long, and most likely longer than you. Who has more time on a message board, is not relevant. The fact that you refuse to post about the Ohio State lineup over a problem with ME, shows more about your posting philosophy than mine.

Just an observation here, not an attack I assure you. You set yourself up for criticism when you repeatedly end your posts with "FACT." You lose a lot of credibility when your facts turn out to be just another man's opinion.

You can see how posters on several wrestling boards struggle to hold your Facts with much value, Can't you? I mean if your being honest with yourself that is.. Instead of ending with "Fact" how about trying "just my opinion". Might go over better. But hey, this is just my opinion.

Or, you could simply post about the Ohio State wrestling lineup and what you think about it, instead of a two paragraph dissertation about why you feel my posts are not "liked". Which by the way, is not wholesale truth. There ARE some posters on here who in fact, DO like my posts. I don't criticize yours. I've seen a ton of them, and I don't lay in wait for them. If I agree, I POST IT, if I disagree, then I post THAT. I have an entire collection of posts in which I AGREE with you, many of them on the Iowa Hawkeye program.

Nope, he doesn't see it. He is so paranoid about "hate and attacks" that he doesn't see why. I asked why he thought they would be weaker at 49 and 57, and you can see the results. Can see that from the reaction to the last two posts here.

Oh, well. Most people learn to disagree without being butt-hurt by the time they are 12, maybe he will get there someday.

Ancient Chinese proverb: he who is perpetually insulted needs no bait.

If that is the lineup, they will have three guys really sucking weight in NATO, BoJo, and MM. That will hurt. None of them win their weights. NATO will be runner up to Gilman. BoJo at 165 is third best. MM won't beat Nickal and may fall. Just saying 21Guns... They are a real threat with all bumping up a weight, though. Snyder is their only champ! Iowa has two, Nits have three. Heil, IMar, and Dean repeat. 197 is open.

If that is the lineup, they will have three guys really sucking weight in NATO, BoJo, and MM. That will hurt. None of them win their weights. NATO will be runner up to Gilman. BoJo at 165 is third best. MM won't beat Nickal and may fall. Just saying 21Guns... They are a real threat with all bumping up a weight, though. Snyder is their only champ! Iowa has two, Nits have three. Heil, IMar, and Dean repeat. 197 is open.

Well, Sir, I attempted to make a point that NaTo would be better off at 133, as well, but hey, that means "I am just rooting for PSU" lmao. I then was informed that some folks heard on good sources that he would be moving up. I posted it. I was wrong. Well, so were the rest of them, but hey, "I disappear when I'm wrong", HAHAHA. Nothing is further from the truth, in fact my track record shows when I AM wrong, I will admit it, and ON these boards.

To your point, I agree: Nato is better off at 133, because while he will be an underdog to Clark, he's not beating Gilman, AT ALL, and his last two matches show that, including his loss by fall, in which he GASSED. Bo Jordan will not be able to trade blows with Nickal at 174 and there is a good chance he gets horsed, and if Martin beats Bo again, hats off, but it's going to take another missed throw or two and a few fluke flurries, then an official who will let him run, because he had THREE stall calls the last time it happened. Of course, Ryan is thinking about team points and not his chances of winning titles. I am certain in his view, this puts three kids not named Snyder on the mat on Saturday night, regardless of the reality that all three will be decided underdogs, and hey, if he gets lucky, like Martin did, then hats off and the title goes to Ryan.

I've been following the team as long, and most likely longer than you. Who has more time on a message board, is not relevant. The fact that you refuse to post about the Ohio State lineup over a problem with ME, shows more about your posting philosophy than mine.

Your reading comprehension is not as strong as your copy and paste prowess.

Your reading comprehension is not as strong as your copy and paste prowess.

Another silly response. LMAO.

Thread is on the Ohio State lineup, I have a pm address, take it there, I'm done responding to you on here, the OPEN FORUM, WHERE WE "CUT OUR TEETH" haha.

Thread is on the Ohio State lineup, I have a pm address, take it there, I'm done responding to you on here, the OPEN FORUM, WHERE WE "CUT OUR TEETH" haha.

Did you even bother to look at the front page?

The weights in question seem to work out this way

125 3rd last year equal or better this year
133 3 points last year = or maybe one less
141 4 last year Can see Hayes with 4 easily
149 0 last year Can see maybe 5 this year
157 0 last year +1 this year
165 3rd last year, depends of what Jordan does, but I would say -10 or even
174 1st last year, just don't see it happening with Martin-3rd or 4th with Jordan moving up
184 0 last year, can see Martin getting 3rd or 4th too, or 0 with the new guy
197 0 last year, JR World team member moving in-3 or 4 points improvement?
HWT Lets see...nope, no question in my mind 1st and 1st.

While i dont see a big improvement either way, they don't get hurt at 49, or 57. I would be surprised to see them in the top 4. Iowa improved, OKST even, VT improved. Penn State not catchable without either a couple injuries, or intake of Minny wrestlers and their baggage.

But you did respond again and will continue to do so. You could be a great poster and contributor but your desire to be right and to be taken seriously has been a disservice to your Internet persona. You would be better served to hit the reset button and start a new annoymous internet persona which would allow a distancing of the dumpster fires you lit and are now tied too.

You can't have it both ways bro. Either your all knowing as you try to come off or your all wet. Which outside your award winning highly improbable boast about imar to 165 has been about..... meh....and certainly less than smh level....

In closing the world and "haters " aren't against you. You are against you. Till you realize that put me on ignore. Then when I win the Teasdale bet you can take me off and we can plan out payment.

Dr feelgood, PhD in BS

That lineup is going to be hard to beat, and that's why I posted it.

About 4 of you posted other things for various reasons: Dunkej because I "stepped on his toes" regarding who has the most knowledge of PENN STATE WRESTLING, and a few others because they are haters. Regardless, good thread and some other responses, that are excellent, made by those who don't obsess over ONE PERSON'S posts.

Throw in "ad homenim attack" and youll have a complete post.

No, no. I don't feel well today and can't drink every time he posts it or "fact."

21...Normally I would be jumping in on the fun but since we are Tucson/Sahuarita bros, I feel I can't. However, I will take this time to say that you are unique in that you have allied even your home team faction against you which is very rare. Now if you just don't give a shit...fine. Carry on...its the internets. But if you want to have some good discussion, then something needs to change. Oh...BTW

Arizona is in the final of the CWS in Omaha! BTFD!

That lineup is going to be hard to beat, and that's why I posted it.

About 4 of you posted other things for various reasons: Dunkej because I "stepped on his toes" regarding who has the most knowledge of PENN STATE WRESTLING, and a few others because they are haters. Regardless, good thread and some other responses, that are excellent, made by those who don't obsess over ONE PERSON'S posts.
I can't wait until I see this knowledge of PENN STATE WRESTLING, or any other wrestling. All I have seen is you attacking anyone with a different opinion as "haters" and "obsessed" and "ad hominem attackers". Someone disagrees, or is a fan of another team? They must be haters. They question you? It is an attack. Question you twice? Must be obsessed.

I asked questions about the Ohio State lineup, and instead of answering with your opinion, you went off in space somewhere. Apparently you have no idea, so instead of what could be an informative thread, it turned to junk.

You are an a$$. FACT. DEAL WITH IT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT