ADVERTISEMENT

Thread on testing & treatment research for COVID-19

There's starting to be more research done on the true origin timeline of covid. There are some theories that covid was actually around since 2018. Studies like this go a long way into proving that to be true.

There's starting to be more research done on the true origin timeline of covid. There are some theories that covid was actually around since 2018. Studies like this go a long way into proving that to be true.

This is an interesting finding. I am not sure how much weight to give it. Some people thought a similar situation might have existed in India which has since appeared to be most unlikely.
I can’t link it here but there is also some pretty shocking data about SARS CoV - 2 antibody seroprevalence in Italy from September through December of 2019. The data was showing around 10% positivity in lung biopsy samples from all over the country during this time ! ? The official cases wouldn’t show up until February, 2020 in Lombardy.
There is something not right about this. If there were this many positive SARS CoV - 2 samples showing up all over Italy, it is not reasonable to expect that Italy would be the only place this was happening if China was the point of origin. If the virus was in Italy as far back as August, 2019, why didn’t we see the exponential growth of infection we did everywhere else ?
The only possibility I can think of was that the virus in Italy was a closely related, but far less transmissible version of SARS CoV - 2 that would be replaced by the D 614 variant that exploded in Wuhan in December.
You would also expect if there was 10% seroprevalence in Italy in September, 2019, where is herd immunity by now ?

These guys have been on this theory for a long time, tying it back to very high flu death rates in China in 2019.

These guys have been on this theory for a long time, tying it back to very high flu death rates in China in 2019.

Well, there should be a lot of patient samples from 2019 and maybe earlier to validate this finding.
Doesn’t it seem odd that we’re a year and a half into this pandemic and we’re only finding out about this now ?
Wasn’t anybody looking before this year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT