ADVERTISEMENT

Time for a quick roll call of the loss predictors..

I have said the same thing about spreading the ball around amongst WRs. Better defenses will take Wallace III away and then what if Allar hasn't worked to spread the ball around.
Agree on FG kicking. Not reliable and that can cost a game(s).
I think DDS primary task was to hold contan on the edge and prevent Greene from breaking free.
Agree re DDS. On an early outside run- maybe by White- Carter dipped in giving up the edge and misdirection/downfield blocks and White's jets made for too good of a gain.

Besides the bad snap fest for both teams- I was disappointed when a 2nd and 21 turned into a 1st down after a good Donaldson run and pass to Fox at midfield.

The culprit. Totally unforced offsides by 15 Vanover. Undisciplined. Sort of mistake that kills in big games. Changed field. Makes me nuts....situational football there...keep them pinned...no need for a second hero play in a row.

If that, kicker and Dawkins snaps are my biggest complaints it was a pretty great day!

Reactions: bdgan
it was a pretty great day!
It was--clean up the tackling (which is to be expected in an opener), figure out the kicker situation, a little more discipline and just consistency on offense--those were the main takeaways and if that's all you have after the opener you're in great shape

Urban Meyer.
Urban either doesn’t prepare for his current job or intentionally says things he knows are wrong in order to generate “interest.” Pick one because we know he understands college football as much as anyone on Planet Earth.

Agree...on all counts. Good win today against a good team in a tough environment.

But cut Lando some slack. He's very emotionally invested in the West-Virginia-sucks spiel as his 900 posts on the topic attest.
Lando: “What have I said negative about Penn State?”

Clyde Barrow: “What’d I do wrong?”

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry
Other than Ohio State do we really play a good defense this year. Maybe Wisconsin or Washington will be solid. I cant see USC being good
Looking at the sc game there as well as whisky.There will be nailbiters from teams that play above their level. Like Illinois or Purdue.

Looking at the sc game there as well as whisky.There will be nailbiters from teams that play above their level. Like Illinois or Purdue.
USC is going to be our second toughest game. Just not sold on their D.

But yes we'll get a challenge from someone

The running game struggled except for Singleton's two 40 yd runs. I'm not sure if that was on the OL or if WVa was stuffing things daring Allar to throw.
WVa was playing safeties up, which is why when Singleton got past the 2nd level, he was gone.

Teams are going to play safeties up all year until the downfield passing game is considered a serious threat. And maybe even then, with PSU's backs you have to stop run first and take your lumps in the passing game.

And then there's Ohio State, they can play safeties back AND stop the run most of the time.

And we tackled much worse than we are capable of. Imagine if we tackled 50% better. They had 246 yards total. That was their rushing average last year nearly (and likely will be this year as well).

Good pt. Tackling was really poor, esp in the 1st half, which is pretty standard for a 1st game especially in this era when teams don't do a lot of full contact at practice. With sound tackling, WVa rushing average would have been really awful. So this D was good for a first game but they can be a lot better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT