ADVERTISEMENT

Tomlin the Moron.

Just so everyone can tell me I was wrong....
Wild Card
Cleveland 24 Houston 20--this is the most difficult game to pick. I think Stroud makes some mistakes because of the pressure the Browns create and Cleveland escapes
KC 21 Miami 17--two teams that appear lost right now. I think Mahomes/Kelce do enough in the freezing cold. Should be under 10 degrees at kickoff
Buffalo 27 Pittsburgh 9--Buffalo's D worries me more than their offense even without Douglas. Allen plays safe and uses Kinkaid and Knox a ton. Mason plays well but not well enough
Dallas 20 Green Bay 16--I want to take GB here because I have zero faith in Dak but Parsons and the Dallas D will create turnovers and Lamb is the best offensive player in the game
Los Angeles 30 Detroit 28--best game of the week. Stafford/Kupp/Puka/Kyren are just too much for the Lions. Both teams will be great next year.
Philadelphia 14 Tampa 12--worst games of the week. Eagles suffocate Baker and advance.

Division Round
Cleveland 30 Baltimore 17--Cleveland D is just too much, Lamar makes mistakes and Flacco has a revenge game. Probably the only team I can see Baltimore losing to other than Buffalo.
Buffalo 31 Kansas City 7--Mahomes goes on the road for the first time and it end badly
San Francisco 28 Los Angeles 27---best game of the week--Rams come up just short
Philadelphia 17 Dallas 13--just seems like a game Dallas chokes in

Championship Week
Buffalo 21 Cleveland 20--great game. Allen makes mistakes but like he does so often finds a way to win.
San Francisco 34 Philadelphia 10--it all goes wrong for Philly

Super Bowl
San Francisco 23 Buffalo 20--another great game. This time turnovers get the best of the Bills as Purdy plays a smart safe game and they rely on the ground game.

The Browns could do some damage and have a good shot of beating the Ravens next week. Although before we get there don't sleep on the Texans. Stroud is the real deal and they have momentum and confidence by essentially winning their first playoff game on the road vs the Colts. Although my counter to that is if the Dolts back can catch a 8 yard pass we could easily be talking about Indy vs the Browns.
agreed. anything can happen once you hit the playoffs. If the Browns had Chubb, I'd say they'll win going away but their running game is suspect. Browns have experience, though. Right now, there are a handful of teams that can win it all: KC is KC. Buffalo has come on strong. 49ers are near full strength, Ravens have been consistently good all year, and the Eagles are a good team that has fizzled in the last few weeks.

Wild Card
Cleveland 24 Houston 20--this is the most difficult game to pick. I think Stroud makes some mistakes because of the pressure the Browns create and Cleveland escapes
KC 21 Miami 17--two teams that appear lost right now. I think Mahomes/Kelce do enough in the freezing cold. Should be under 10 degrees at kickoff
Buffalo 27 Pittsburgh 9--Buffalo's D worries me more than their offense even without Douglas. Allen plays safe and uses Kinkaid and Knox a ton. Mason plays well but not well enough
Dallas 20 Green Bay 16--I want to take GB here because I have zero faith in Dak but Parsons and the Dallas D will create turnovers and Lamb is the best offensive player in the game
Los Angeles 30 Detroit 28--best game of the week. Stafford/Kupp/Puka/Kyren are just too much for the Lions. Both teams will be great next year.
Philadelphia 14 Tampa 12--worst games of the week. Eagles suffocate Baker and advance.

Division Round
Cleveland 30 Baltimore 17--Cleveland D is just too much, Lamar makes mistakes and Flacco has a revenge game. Probably the only team I can see Baltimore losing to other than Buffalo.
Buffalo 31 Kansas City 7--Mahomes goes on the road for the first time and it end badly
San Francisco 28 Los Angeles 27---best game of the week--Rams come up just short

Championship Week
Buffalo 21 Cleveland 20--great game. Allen makes mistakes but like he does so often finds a way to win.

Super Bowl
San Francisco 23 Buffalo 20--another great game. This time turnovers get the best of the Bills as Purdy plays a smart safe game and they rely on the ground game.
Good picks. Can't argue with a lot. I can see Buffalo going to the SB but also the Brownies. I would love to see the Ravens choke and think that is a good prediction. Stillers will lose to Buffalo. KC definitely beats Miami then yes will get hammered on the road. Brownies at Buffalo would be good, two hard luck franchises but see Buffalo prevailing in a great game.

It's all SF in the NFC. See Dallas beating GB and Philly and then getting boat raced by SF. I don't see the Rams beating the Lions.

SF wins SB, too good this year.

agreed. anything can happen once you hit the playoffs. If the Browns had Chubb, I'd say they'll win going away but their running game is suspect. Browns have experience, though. Right now, there are a handful of teams that can win it all: KC is KC. Buffalo has come on strong. 49ers are near full strength, Ravens have been consistently good all year, and the Eagles are a good team that has fizzled in the last few weeks.
No way the Eagles win it all. I think SF will coast through the NFC playoffs and then win the SB.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Good picks. Can't argue with a lot. I can see Buffalo going to the SB but also the Brownies. I would love to see the Ravens choke and think that is a good prediction. Stillers will lose to Buffalo. KC definitely beats Miami then yes will get hammered on the road. Brownies at Buffalo would be good, two hard luck franchises but see Buffalo prevailing in a great game.

It's all SF in the NFC. See Dallas beating GB and Philly and then getting boat raced by SF. I don't see the Rams beating the Lions.

SF wins SB, too good this year.
I'm rooting for the Lions--I just think they're a year a way and if LaPorta is out that really hurts them.
That Rams team--there's something about McVay that makes me a believer. I was hoping the Rams would lose to the Niners because I think they'd beat Dallas and Detroit would have crushed Green Bay.

Wild Card

Division Round

Championship Week

Super Bowl
valid. I don't pay much attention outside the AFC north but I can't see Houston's CBs staying with the Browns WR and TE. Flacco is amazing with the long ball and that opens things up for Njoku and the RBs underneath. On defense, the team looks pretty healthy and if garrett, ward and newsome are all healthy that will make it tough on the Texans offense. But I don't see the Browns beating the Ravens in Baltimore the week after.

For Pitt, I don't see how they beat Buffalo without Watt. The Steelers have found a running game with Harris finally playing like a first rounder. If I am Pitt, I am running the ball right down the Bill's throat and keeping Diggs off the field.

Reactions: LandoComando
valid. I don't pay much attention outside the AFC north but I can't see Houston's CBs staying with the Browns WR and TE. Flacco is amazing with the long ball and that opens things up for Njoku and the RBs underneath. On defense, the team looks pretty healthy and if garrett, ward and newsome are all healthy that will make it tough on the Texans offense. But I don't see the Browns beating the Ravens in Baltimore the week after.

For Pitt, I don't see how they beat Buffalo without Watt. The Steelers have found a running game with Harris finally playing like a first rounder. If I am Pitt, I am running the ball right down the Bill's throat and keeping Diggs off the field.
I think that Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah can follow Lamar around to limit him running. Newsome (if 100%) and Ward should be able to slow down the OBJ and Flowers. Cleveland can get pressure with just 4 which I think could be the difference. Plus, the Flacco motivation to beat Baltimore is big here.

I could be way off and it could just be that I won't believe in Lamar until he proves it in the playoffs but Baltimore, IMO, is praying Cleveland loses--and they're rooting hard for Miami

Flacco's never been one and done in the playoffs in his career. We'll see if he's still got the magic. His playoff record should be even better than it is if not for dropped game winning touchdowns and missed end of game field goals early in his career.

Reactions: LandoComando
I'm rooting for the Lions--I just think they're a year a way and if LaPorta is out that really hurts them.
That Rams team--there's something about McVay that makes me a believer. I was hoping the Rams would lose to the Niners because I think they'd beat Dallas and Detroit would have crushed Green Bay.
I like both the Rams and Lions. I think Goff got kind of screwed or blamed or whatever in LA. But I do like the Rams so disappointed my two favorite NFC teams square off in the first round. On the other hand I do not like GB or Dallas. Ultimately it doesn't matter because SF is the class of the conference.

Not everyone can be as perfect as you.

One problem for you though, I forgot more about football, sports, and competition than you’ll ever know.
I forgot more about football than Belichick, Harbaugh and Don Shula combined. See how that works? Just because a poster says it, that doesn’t make it true.

Could be a blizzard in Buffalo. Anything could happen if it is. Buffalo is mistake prone. Looked like they tried to hand last game to Miami. Would like to see Buffalo win it all this year but doubt that dog will hunt against SF.

Pkay you re
I think the browns would have beat the bengals if it mattered, so they’d be the 6 heading to kc
Are you really trying to justify Tomlin crapping the bed in those two game or what? Let's go with this, he blew the Indianapolis game by sticking with Trubisky. So there you have it, Stillers could have been 13-4 and challenging the Ravens for the division title, thus a much better playoff seed than what they have been dealt.

Pkay you re
Are you really trying to justify Tomlin crapping the bed in those two game or what? Let's go with this, he blew the Indianapolis game by sticking with Trubisky. So there you have it, Stillers could have been 13-4 and challenging the Ravens for the division title, thus a much better playoff seed than what they have been dealt.
Not justifying, just don’t think it mattered. He was going to be a wild card either way. He did crap the bed against the cards and pats, which was not acceptable.

I didn’t however have him winning 2 of the last 3 let alone all three. Gotta give him props for that. I thought the ceiling was 11-6 with 6 games left and he came in 10-7. I just missed wildly on the three wins.

He's the James Franklin of NFL coaches except he does fairly frequently lose to really bad teams (easier to happen in the NFL). I don't care a ton about non-losing seasons. He's not a great game day coach and that shows up huge in the playoffs. Regardless of his non-losing regular seasons, he has a losing record in the playoffs and since getting to his second Super Bowl (almost 13 years ago) he is 2-9 in the playoffs with some incredible talent including what will be a HOF QB. He's lost 4 straight playoff games, 2 in Heinz Field. They haven't won a playoff game since January 2017 and only 10 NFL teams have a longer drought (more likely to be 8 after this weekend than him ending the drought). These numbers over the past decade plus just aren't going to be acceptable for most Steeler fans.

Reactions: shifix
He's the James Franklin of NFL coaches except he does fairly frequently lose to really bad teams (easier to happen in the NFL). I don't care a ton about non-losing seasons. He's not a great game day coach and that shows up huge in the playoffs. Regardless of his non-losing regular seasons, he has a losing record in the playoffs and since getting to his second Super Bowl (almost 13 years ago) he is 2-9 in the playoffs with some incredible talent including what will be a HOF QB. He's lost 4 straight playoff games, 2 in Heinz Field. They haven't won a playoff game since January 2017 and only 10 NFL teams have a longer drought (more likely to be 8 after this weekend than him ending the drought). These numbers over the past decade plus just aren't going to be acceptable for most Steeler fans.
I missed Franklin’s National Championship and appearance in National Chamionship games.

He has been good enough to own his top rival. How about a Franklin?

Not justifying, just don’t think it mattered. He was going to be a wild card either way. He did crap the bed against the cards and pats, which was not acceptable.

I didn’t however have him winning 2 of the last 3 let alone all three. Gotta give him props for that. I thought the ceiling was 11-6 with 6 games left and he came in 10-7. I just missed wildly on the three wins.
It helped that Cincinnati had basically no one left and Baltimore sat everyone important. Hell Melvin Gordon was getting carries. The Seattle win was impressive.

I missed Franklin’s National Championship and appearance in National Chamionship games.

He has been good enough to own his top rival. How about a Franklin?
Franklin walked into quite a different set of circumstances when he took over at PSU versus when Tomlin took over for Cowher. In fact, the Cowher teams are the only ones that he had any real success with. He doesn't get a pass on that forever.

So I guess you'd be good with Franklin beating Ohio State but then losing to Rutgers. The comparison is he's a good head man but not good game day coach or good enough TODAY to win on the big stage. Maybe it's not the best comparison, but being a fan of both teams, I've been disappointed much in the same way with both coaches. I have more faith in Franklin getting there before Tomlin does though.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Keeping Farmboy Pickett around is like punching yourself in the head.

Retarded, stupid and doesn't accomplish a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Tomlin's farting around with Farmboy Pickett caused the Steelers unnecessary losses.
Both of the Steelers’ unnecessary losses this season- against the 4-13 Cardinals and Patriots- occurred when Mitch Trubisky was the starting quarterback.

Yes, and the rest belong to Farmboy Pickett. And the idiot Tomlin.
Were any of those other losses really unnecessary, though?
They should’ve beat the Browns the second time around, but all four of them that Pickett started came against teams with winning records, three of which made the playoffs.

It’s hard to win in this league, man.

Were any of those other losses really unnecessary, though?
They should’ve beat the Browns the second time around, but all four of them that Pickett started came against teams with winning records, three of which made the playoffs.

It’s hard to win in this league, man.

Especially with Farmboy Kenny.

• Haha
Tomlin blew it pile of the Steelers money on Farmboy Pickett out his butt.

Tomlin should be strung up by his strumandi.

• Haha
Franklin walked into quite a different set of circumstances when he took over at PSU versus when Tomlin took over for Cowher. In fact, the Cowher teams are the only ones that he had any real success with. He doesn't get a pass on that forever.

So I guess you'd be good with Franklin beating Ohio State but then losing to Rutgers. The comparison is he's a good head man but not good game day coach or good enough TODAY to win on the big stage. Maybe it's not the best comparison, but being a fan of both teams, I've been disappointed much in the same way with both coaches. I have more faith in Franklin getting there before Tomlin does though.

tomlin did make it to an afc title game like 10 years in. his successes weren't solely due to cowher. however he has not replaced roethlisberger effectively. the steelers ownership just does not fire coaches and also gave cowher passes in this regard.

Tomlin has won a Super Bowl, he has been to another, he owns the Ravens (especially Lamar), he has 17 non-losing seasons, and he does not have the resources advantage Frankin has (salary cap).

Other than that, advantage Franklin!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT