ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 Colleges for Fortune 500 CEOs

University of Notre Dame is located in Notre Dame, IN if I recall correctly.

Oops - I guess it is. Always thought of South Bend, IN as the home of Notre Dame. Guess it's a University Park/State College type situation then, eh?

Reactions: psu1969a
I am impressed; there some very prestigious private schools in the list. Notables missing: Michigan, Ohio State, Northwestern, Purdue and a few others. But, what building is being shown?

I am impressed; there some very prestigious private schools in the list. Notables missing: Michigan, Ohio State, Northwestern, Purdue and a few others. But, what building is being shown?

It looks like the Nittany Lion Inn.

Don't think so, unless they've done a huge expansion since I was there.
They did renovate McAllister Building. It is definitely McAllister Bldg. I pass it all the time.

Photo of it under renovation in 2005:

crop0010_filtered_small.jpg

Major upgrade.

Last edited:
I thought we were ranked much higher than 157th.

Are we reading this list in reverse -- is Penn State actually No. 3?

You know after reading your post, I re-read the list, and I think you are right. #10 (in their image order) is Harvard, and their wording:

No surprises here: America’s most recognizable Ivy League college tops our list, with 10 alumni who earned their undergraduate degrees there. (We didn’t count Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, who famously dropped out.) Harvard beats out the other schools in the top 10 by only a few graduates, but it pulls way ahead when counting by MBA degrees—28 CEOs earned theirs at Harvard Business School, about three times as many as the next highest graduate business programs, Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania (10) and Stanford Graduate School of Business (9).

Great catch ChiTownLion!

Dear Old State has more Fortune 500 CEOs (6) than Stanford(5)!! There are six schools tied for No. 3 in this list. Very impressive. Michigan claims to be elite, but doesn't place in top 10. When I was promoted to be head of my program last year,I had a theory that Penn State tailgating and socialization skills have a lot to do with career success!!!
My son got into Schreyer Honors at PSU today-- I told him this better for career than most Ivy Leagues!!!

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Dear Old State has more Fortune 500 CEOs (6) than Stanford(5)!! There are six schools tied for No. 3 in this list. Very impressive. Michigan claims to be elite, but doesn't place in top 10. When I was promoted to be head of my program last year,I had a theory that Penn State tailgating and socialization skills have a lot to do with career success!!!
My son got into Schreyer Honors at PSU today-- I told him this better for career than most Ivy Leagues!!!

I hate our academic culture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT