ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Top moments in recent Penn State-Iowa history

That was before wrestling was invented.
But yet this moment caused Iowa to increase their number of annual scholarships even more than their previous cheating levels and was the motivation behind the wrestling Gods planting a seed in young Cael Sanderson's deep subconscious that would grow into an uncontrollable need to go to Penn State and build the grandest wrestling dynasty ever.

Reactions: mcpat
I recall, from many moons ago, a match at CHA where Iowa was leading going into the heavyweight bout when the PSU wrestler flipped the highly favored Iowa wrestler, got the pin, and led PSU to victory. The match was on tv. I don't remember the names of the two heavyweight wrestlers. Possibly during John Fritz's tenure.

I recall, from many moons ago, a match at CHA where Iowa was leading going into the heavyweight bout when the PSU wrestler flipped the highly favored Iowa wrestler, got the pin, and led PSU to victory. The match was on tv. I don't remember the names of the two heavyweight wrestlers. Possibly during John Fritz's tenure.

I think that was the National Dual in 1998. Mark Janus stuck Wes Hand. I think PSU was leading by 1-2 pts, but Hand was the favorite. A few weeks later they went to Carver and Iowa handled them pretty good.

I think that was the National Dual in 1998. Mark Janus stuck Wes Hand. I think PSU was leading by 1-2 pts, but Hand was the favorite. A few weeks later they went to Carver and Iowa handled them pretty good.
Close. Janus pinned Hand to win the dual at Iowa City. The national duals were two weeks later and PSU finished 3rd I think. They're single loss was a lopsided loss to Iowa.

Close. Janus pinned Hand to win the dual at Iowa City. The national duals were two weeks later and PSU finished 3rd I think. They're single loss was a lopsided loss to Iowa.
1998. PSU ended up winning at Iowa 25-17, while losing to the Hawks 23-9 two weeks later.

ADVERTISEMENT