ADVERTISEMENT

Trip to Seattle

udsig91

Dec 26, 2011
All knowing board,

I am going to be in Seattle this Saturday until noon on Sunday. With only having a day, what are some fun things you would do having only one day in Seattle? I am also looking for a great place with a big craft beer selection for lunch and a good place for seafood or other restaurant for dinner.

Thanks!

yeah, based on your time frame, you definitely want to go by Pike's Market and the surrounding area of shops; check out a Seattle coffee shop -- there's one on every block, it seems

Highly recommend Matt's in the Market for a restaurant choice
http://www.mattsinthemarket.com/

-The Columbia Center observatory gives you a cheaper and higher view than the space needle.
-Pikes market.
-The wall of gum at the Pikes market.
-Boeing tour, if you have a car (20 min drive or so).

I really enjoyed the Underground Tour of Seattle and it was downtown so you could still hit Pikes Place/waterfront/gum wall and walk around the city and people watch.

I lived in Seattle for three years. It's a great city to visit.

True story....about 15 years ago I goto Seattle. Being from the east coast, time change screwed me up and i wake up at 4AM. Take a shower and figure I will get a cup of coffee and walk around. walk out the hotel lobby at about 4:45AM in downtown Seattle and cannot find an open coffee shop, i am seattle the home of coffee. So i decide to walk down to Pike's market. Literally got to see them opening it up, the fisherman bringing in their catch, 'throwing' them to the vendors as they put them on ice in the case. It was pretty cool. Really, really early morning, but if you are from east coast, i would recommend doing it.

All knowing board,

I am going to be in Seattle this Saturday until noon on Sunday. With only having a day, what are some fun things you would do having only one day in Seattle? I am also looking for a great place with a big craft beer selection for lunch and a good place for seafood or other restaurant for dinner.

Thanks!

I had a similar trip 2 years ago. I went to Pike Place market and got dinner. I went across the street to the original starbucks b/c I thought it would be cool. It wasn't. It looks like every Starbucks in the known world. Literally no difference. Unless you have a deep desire to say you went to the original store, skip it.
I then walked up to a place called McMenamins Six Arms which has a bunch of craft beers and decent pub food. I'm sure there are many like it but it's a decent option.

Good Luck!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT