ADVERTISEMENT

The talking-heads keep saying it's unprecedented not to take an undefeated P5 Conf Champ... It's way worse than that.....

You miss the point entirely. I am not advocating for the four “best” teams based on talent to make the CFP. I am advocating for the four “best” teams who showed it on the field to make the CFP.

Those teams would be Washington, FSU, Texas and Bama. Michigan gets left out of the postseason for cheating.
If you leave Michigan out for cheating why wouldn’t you put OSU in as an undefeated team then?

So if Jalen Milroe breaks his ankle today, should Alabama be taken out of the playoff?
Had he broken it before they selected teams then yes. Once they're selected it's too late. But if he broke it after the Georgia game getting off the bus Bama and FSU should have been out with Georgia in.

• Haha
Reactions: NoBareFeet
So if Jalen Milroe breaks his ankle today, should Alabama be taken out of the playoff?
Silly question. The field is already set. It isn't something that is going to change at this point. They've made their choices (the committee). It is what it is, now.

Silly question. The field is already set. It isn't something that is going to change at this point. They've made their choices (the committee). It is what it is, now.
Agreed that it is a silly question. As it is pertaining to Jordan Travis and Florida State. One man does not make a team.

Agreed that it is a silly question. As it is pertaining to Jordan Travis and Florida State. One man does not make a team.
Jordan Travis was injured BEFORE the committee made their decision. And one person, especially the QB, has been the force for a team's success on MANY a football team. There are too many examples to even begin to enumerate them.

I'm thinking your feet ARE bare, along with a few other things.

Last edited:
Jordan Travis was injured BEFORE the committee made their decision. And one person, especially the QB, has been the force for a team's success on MANY a football team. There are too many examples to even begin to enumerate them.

I'm thinking it's your feet ARE bare, along with a few other things.
Pretty sure FSU was undefeated this year with Jordan Travis AND without him.

Good thing Ohio State wasn't left out of the playoff the year they won with the 3rd string QB Cardale Jones! How about backup QB Tua Tagovailoa being inserted at halftime of the National Championship game to win one for Alabama? Remember backup QB Nick Foles winning a Super Bowl with the Eagles? Or backup Jeff Hostetler winning with the Giants? Or backup Tom Brady taking over for Drew Bledsoe and winning one for the Patriots? Good thing they all got the chance!

But their performance was not what it was WITH Jordan Travis. They struggled without Travis in their championship game. They won, but it wasn't pretty, and it wasn't against a top 5 team. Alabama beat the #1 team, not the #15 team, in their championship game.

We go around this merry-go-round forever. Just admit it that FSU is not of the same caliber as Mich, Wash, Texas and Alabama. Stop fighting it. It isn't good for your psyche.

But their performance was not what it was WITH Jordan Travis.
The part that matters was the same. Wins.

Hope you weren't around for the last Penn State national title. You would have HATED how they won that championship. Gross, the quarterback stats are awful!!

The part that matters was the same. Wins.

Hope you weren't around for the last Penn State national title. You would have HATED how they won that championship. Gross, the quarterback stats are awful!!
I was at PSU from '82 to '86. I was around.

And when PSU won their two national titles, there was no championship playoff. Someone was simply anointed at the end of all the bowl games. Do you remember '94?

Also, in '86, we didn't win our games with offense. We won our games with defense. We were the 3rd ranked defense in the country. The QB on that team, Shaffer, was simply a game manager.

Last edited:
Haven't watched much Florida State lately, have you?
Enough to know that they fell significantly off without Travis. They definitely are not the same team without him. You don't simply plug in #2 on that team and expect the same result.

Yeah, but Alabama had just beaten the #1 team in the land ONE DAY ago. Kind of softens any harsh take on a game two weeks prior.
Why wasn’t UGA selected over alabama? It was the so-called “extra game”. UGA had been on a 29game winning streak. UGAs loss was a better loss than Bamas loss. UGA only lost in the “extra game”

Reactions: NewEra 2014
Why wasn’t UGA selected over alabama? It was the so-called “extra game”. UGA had been on a 29game winning streak. UGAs loss was a better loss than Bamas loss. UGA only lost in the “extra game”
I'd argue that Ohio State's loss was better than both of them. Their wins were better too.

Because it was a loss that happened the day before the committee selection. Had it happened in week #3, maybe it would be different. But it happend on the last game of the season against another top team.

• Haha
Reactions: NoBareFeet

Good thing Ohio State wasn't left out of the playoff the year they won with the 3rd string QB Cardale Jones! How about backup QB Tua Tagovailoa being inserted at halftime of the National Championship game to win one for Alabama? Remember backup QB Nick Foles winning a Super Bowl with the Eagles? Or backup Jeff Hostetler winning with the Giants? Or backup Tom Brady taking over for Drew Bledsoe and winning one for the Patriots? Good thing they all got the chance!
Because Cardale proved their offense was stoll elite without him. We saw how bad the FSU backups were

College football has ALWAYS been an opinion of who the best team is. ALWAYS. Now people want to pretend that's a problem. The title has always been mythical. Including every time we won and every time we were screwed.

Because it was a loss that happened the day before the committee selection. Had it happened in week #3, maybe it would be different. But it happend on the last game of the season against another top team.
Keep going. You are on a roll.

I'm thinking your feet ARE bare, along with a few other things.
But Kirk said on national TV before he got hurt that if this all played out as it did, FSU would be left out. I would tell you to go look at the video, but ESPN took it down. In other words, his injury had nothing to do with the decision…getting an SEC team in is all that it was about.

Reactions: johnmpsu
But Kirk said on national TV before he got hurt that if this all played out as it did, FSU would be left out. I would tell you to go look at the video, but ESPN took it down. In other words, his injury had nothing to do with the decision…getting an SEC team in is all that it was about.
FSU was correctly left out

Of course he’ll say. There’s a lot of money on the line. He’s not dumb enough to disparage a fellow SEC team on television.
Only I think everyone agrees with him
Does anyone truly believe FSU would beat Bama if they played today. Come on. Yes Bama could play as poorly as they did against Auburn but if Bama shows up they win by double digits.

Only I think everyone agrees with him
Does anyone truly believe FSU would beat Bama if they played today. Come on. Yes Bama could play as poorly as they did against Auburn but if Bama shows up they win by double digits.
Speculation your honor! We’ll never know now will we?

Lines against FSU would be ..

Bama -12
Michigan -12.5
Washington -6
Texas -9.5

Other than Michigan that seems about right. There's really no valid argument for FSU in current system other than you don’t like how it's run.
The “crowd” isn’t always right.
They aren't but they're all that matters in this system. It's about the "best" teams not deserving. My almost every metric that's not FSU.

I'm still shocked anyone here is even pretending to be mad. This is worse case for Michigan. They'd have beat FSU like Iowa. 20-something to 0.

Bama -12
Michigan -12.5
Washington -6
Texas -9.5

Other than Michigan that seems about right. There's really no valid argument for FSU in current system other than you don’t like how it's run.
They aren't but they're all that matters in this system. It's about the "best" teams not deserving. My almost every metric that's not FSU.

I'm still shocked anyone here is even pretending to be mad. This is worse case for Michigan. They'd have beat FSU like Iowa. 20-something to 0.
Speculation your honor! He’s attempting to sway the masses with unfounded and unsubstantiated speculation! It’s a grave mistake to think you’re correct based upon speculation….without any facts or evidence to support your claim.

Bama -12
Michigan -12.5
Washington -6
Texas -9.5

If the purpose of your exercise is to prove to yourself you are correct that’s fine. However, your truth/fact is 100% speculation.

If the purpose of your exercise is to prove to yourself you are correct that’s fine. However, your truth/fact is 100% speculation.
It's not speculation. This is what the lines would be. The lines indicate who would be favored. We all know right now Bama is better even if some just don't want the SEC in the playoff

It's not speculation. This is what the lines would be. The lines indicate who would be favored. We all know right now Bama is better even if some just don't want the SEC in the playoff
Where do you find those lines? What’s the source? I don’t believe most are arguing against UA. They are arguing for FSU. Those two arguments are not the same.

Who was favored in the Pac12 championship game? Who was favored in the SEC championship game?

Boom, roasted.

Bottom line Bama should be in. FSU should be in. Liberty should be in. All FBS conference winners should be in. Nobody else. That's a real playoff. What we have is an invitational tournament designed to maximize income. That's fine but it's not a playoff as it's all based on opinion not facts. Next year is only slightly better as they will allow teams that have not won their conference in. If you can't win your conference you don't deserve a chance to win a so called national championship. Who cares if the 2nd place team in the SEC is percieved to be better than the winner of the ACC. They didn't win their conference. They are already 2nd. Win and move on. It's all about the money. Always is.

Bottom line Bama should be in. FSU should be in. Liberty should be in. All FBS conference winners should be in. Nobody else. That's a real playoff. What we have is an invitational tournament designed to maximize income. That's fine but it's not a playoff as it's all based on opinion not facts. Next year is only slightly better as they will allow teams that have not won their conference in. If you can't win your conference you don't deserve a chance to win a so called national championship. Who cares if the 2nd place team in the SEC is percieved to be better than the winner of the ACC. They didn't win their conference. They are already 2nd. Win and move on. It's all about the money. Always is.
Next year should be four teams…four major conferences so put the conference winners in and that’s a playoff.

Still illogical pretending all conferences are equal when no sport in the US does this. Not a single one.

Still illogical pretending all conferences are equal when no sport in the US does this. Not a single one.
Who cares. Having winners compete against winners is far from illogical. Your comment is illogical. You just want losing teams that you think make more entertaining games. I want a real playoff between winners. I'm not interested in the money.

People here would be losing their minds if PSU got snubbed like FSU did. Like worst meltdown in the history of the message board level of losing their minds.
Yes they would. But if Texas or Bama didn’t get in and PSU was either of those, they would lose their minds over that as well. I’m not saying the decision the committee made is the right one, but do you think FSU is better right now than Georgia, Texas, or Bama?

Reactions: LandoComando
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT