ADVERTISEMENT

The talking-heads keep saying it's unprecedented not to take an undefeated P5 Conf Champ... It's way worse than that.....

Who cares. Having winners compete against winners is far from illogical. Your comment is illogical. You just want losing teams that you think make more entertaining games. I want a real playoff between winners. I'm not interested in the money.
It's not with the set up of college sports.
It's a 12 game season. It's illogical for what you want. It only makes sense for MLB.

Yes they would. But if Texas or Bama didn’t get in and PSU was either of those, they would lose their minds over that as well. I’m not saying the decision the committee made is the right one, but do you think FSU is better right now than Georgia, Texas, or Bama?
Exactly this. If Penn State was 12-1 and FSU was in we'd be saying it was ridiculous. The only reason people are upset is that it's Bama.

Exactly this. If Penn State was 12-1 and FSU was in we'd be saying it was ridiculous. The only reason people are upset is that it's Bama.
If statements, purely hypothetical and never reality. The reality is PSU will never be 12-1 under the current HC. Therefore, this is a mute argument and inconsistent with reality.

If statements, purely hypothetical and never reality. The reality is PSU will never be 12-1 under the current HC. Therefore, this is a mute argument and inconsistent with reality.
Doesn't alter what the reaction would be
Every single person understands the decision even if they don't like it.

There isn’t a reaction to be had when there is no reality involved.
There absolutely is. Hypotheticals are relevant to the fake reaction to the right decision.
Especially when someone else uses us being left out at 13-0.

Who cares. Having winners compete against winners is far from illogical. Your comment is illogical. You just want losing teams that you think make more entertaining games. I want a real playoff between winners. I'm not interested in the money.
Interesting that you claim others want “losing teams” in when you prefer a system that would automatically include teams like SMU, Miami (OH), Boise, and Troy over other more successful teams who just didn’t happen to win their conference.

These lessor successful conference champs are teams that factually lost more games than multiple teams you describe as “losing teams”.

You should really use different words to describe the teams you want to exclude.

There absolutely is. Hypotheticals are relevant to the fake reaction to the right decision.
Especially when someone else uses us being left out at 13-0.
Absolutely disagree with everything you stated. You’re projecting, speculating, and conjecturing. There is zero validity to anything outside of reality. If the “unreal” becomes reality then it has some validity. Until then your argument is null and void at best.

Absolutely disagree with everything you stated. You’re projecting, speculating, and conjecturing. There is zero validity to anything outside of reality. If the “unreal” becomes reality then it has some validity. Until then your argument is null and void at best.
Again, the reply to "you would be made if we were 13-0 and left out" is the equivalent to "we would be mad if we were Bama and FSU got in over us". You can play all the games you want but you know it's true.

Again, the reply to "you would be made if we were 13-0 and left out" is the equivalent to "we would be mad if we were Bama and FSU got in over us". You can play all the games you want but you know it's true.
It’s unequivocally false. I personally dont care about UA or FSU. I believe FSU was hosed due to money and nothing else. That’s my opinion. Your argument of PSU fans being upset “IF” they were 12-1 and left out is a moot point. It hasn’t happened under this HC and most likely will not happen. If or when it does happen then we’ll cross that bridge. Until then, there’s zero value in that conversation. Your beliefs and opinions are yours and yours alone. You shouldn’t project them on to everyone else.

It’s unequivocally false. I personally dont care about UA or FSU. I believe FSU was hosed due to money and nothing else. That’s my opinion. Your argument of PSU fans being upset “IF” they were 12-1 and left out is a moot point. It hasn’t happened under this HC and most likely will not happen. If or when it does happen then we’ll cross that bridge. Until then, there’s zero value in that conversation. Your beliefs and opinions are yours and yours alone. You shouldn’t project them on to everyone else.
It's not moot. It shows the bias involved
You're doing the same with this argument

It's not moot. It shows the bias involved
You're doing the same with this argument
I’m merely making observational statements. I’m not arguing one side or the other. I can’t argue it, there’s no reality involved in your discussion. It’s illogical to argue either side of speculation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT