ADVERTISEMENT

Boo Corrigan - what a hypocritical, sanctimonious a-hole (article with his comments linked)

CJFisJoePaII

Sep 6, 2019
Here is a link to the article:

Boo Corrigan cites 'unique year' in response to Mike Norvell statement about value of games

Somebody needs to ask this jagoff why his selection criteria diametrically contradicts the criteria cited in 2016 to screw PSU - a P5 Conference Champion, who held a H-t-H win over the team without a Conference Title that the Committee was taking instead. In 2016, we were told number of losses was the 1st, and most important criteria, and all of the Criteria shameless and corrupt Corrigan is citing were ONLY relevant for comparing teams with the same number of losses. What a f'ing farce and sham this "CFP Selection Committee" is - they don't even follow their own stated criteria.... just subjectively do whatever they want.... and then issue word-salad bullshit responses when asked why they didn't follow their own stated criteria. Boo's big answer for why they violated their own stated selection criteria - this year is "a unique year". What an f'ing tool - every year has been unique with more than 4 worthy teams, what has he been looking at??? That is why they issued their supposed somewhat objective criteria with number of losses as 1st Primary determinant then followed by a list of secondary criteria which are also objective until you get way down the list. But this year, they violate their own stated criteria and nothing but word-salad from Boo Corrigan toolboy.

Boo Corrigan cites 'unique year' in response to Mike Norvell statement about value of games

Somebody needs to ask this jagoff why his selection criteria diametrically contradicts the criteria cited in 2016 to screw PSU - a P5 Conference Champion, who held a H-t-H win over the team without a Conference Title that the Committee was taking instead. In 2016, we were told number of losses was the 1st, and most important criteria, and all of the Criteria shameless and corrupt Corrigan is citing were ONLY relevant for comparing teams with the same number of losses. What a f'ing farce and sham this "CFP Selection Committee" is - they don't even follow their own stated criteria.... just subjectively do whatever they want.... and then issue word-salad bullshit responses when asked why they didn't follow their own stated criteria. Boo's big answer for why they violated their own stated selection criteria - this year is "a unique year". What an f'ing tool - every year has been unique with more than 4 worthy teams, what has he been looking at??? That is why they issued their supposed somewhat objective criteria with number of losses as 1st Primary determinant then followed by a list of secondary criteria which are also objective until you get way down the list. But this year, they violate their own stated criteria and nothing but word-salad from Boo Corrigan toolboy.
Along with getting blown out by UM, we lost to a 8-4 Pitt team that year.

Reactions: LandoComando
You can edit your subject line to read hypocritical.

Unique year though is about as BS as any fairy tale ever told. The southern carpet bag men had to get to the CFP committee in a meaningful way... Fiscally meaningful otherwise based on their delusions they should be institutionalized.

Correct, we didn't deserve to be in then. Two losses matter.

It is a unique year. In most of the previous 9, 4 teams was plenty. Unfortunately, this year it's not quite enough and FSU is on the short end of the stick.

In the age of everyone shouting, claiming corruption, acting like this was such a clear cut decision, I have a different take...

I think the committee had a really tough decision to make, chose Alabama when I would have chose Florida State, however it makes sense.

This wasn't 2016. In 2016, the Sagarin SOS for Penn State and Ohio State was 34th vs. 6th. What is better, going 11-1 against the 6th ranked SOS, or going 11-2 against the 34th? If I was on the committee, I would have gone with Ohio State (I think there was a much stronger argument to take us over Washington).

Fast forward to 2023...Alabama went 12-1 against the 12th ranked SOS. Florida St went 13-0 against the 61st ranked SOS. I think that Alabama would win a game against Florida State on a neutral field tomorrow, but I still thought Florida State was the more deserving team. However, I completely understand why someone would select Alabama, and it has nothing to do with "SEC must be included", "$$$", etc.

This wasn't a black/white decision, as much as the OP wants to claim that it was.

In the age of everyone shouting, claiming corruption, acting like this was such a clear cut decision, I have a different take...

I think the committee had a really tough decision to make, chose Alabama when I would have chose Florida State, however it makes sense.

This wasn't 2016. In 2016, the Sagarin SOS for Penn State and Ohio State was 34th vs. 6th. What is better, going 11-1 against the 6th ranked SOS, or going 11-2 against the 34th? If I was on the committee, I would have gone with Ohio State (I think there was a much stronger argument to take us over Washington).

Fast forward to 2023...Alabama went 12-1 against the 12th ranked SOS. Florida St went 13-0 against the 61st ranked SOS. I think that Alabama would win a game against Florida State on a neutral field tomorrow, but I still thought Florida State was the more deserving team. However, I completely understand why someone would select Alabama, and it has nothing to do with "SEC must be included", "$$$", etc.

This wasn't a black/white decision, as much as the OP wants to claim that it was.

You're full of shit - it was a black-&-white decision. The ever spinning and corrupt CFP Committee stated that number of losses was the primary selection criteria and secondary criteria (such as the ones you cited) only came into play if P5 teams had same number of losses! What demonstrates how unprecedented this is, is the fact an undefeated P5 Team has NEVER been left out - in fact, a P5 team with LESS LOSES than a selected P5 team has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE, let alone having less loses than TWO SELECTED P5 teams! You're so full of shit claiming this is utterly unprecedented especially given the fact that it diametrically contradicts the stated Primary Criteria used in 2016!

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
As George Costanza would say, they're STICKING it to FSU, STICKING IT, . And I agree.

I'm a person who's happy that Alabama got the bid for reasons I've stated in other threads but nevertheless don't appreciate guys like Boo Corrigan insulting my intelligence with his ridiculous rationalization of something that blatantly screwed over Florida State.

Then again, a basic job qualification for these guys is the ability to dress up decisions driven by politics and bias in the language of reason and righteousness...and to do it solemnly and without giggling.

It's like I posted yesterday in the bowl-guru thread one hour before the rankings were released:

>>...there's always been a political element to college football polls....whether now with the CFP or going back to when the writers and coaches voted to pick a champ...and there've always been people inventing bullshit criteria on the spot to justify whatever vote they want to cast. This is why Alabama may still make the field this year...because the politics favor the Tide.<<

One justification for Bama that’s been repeated over and over is that the team improved from the beginning of the year and is much better than the one that lost to Texas. The team had time to learn Joe’s offense and, since injuries are such a big deal now, didn’t have to play the remainder of the schedule with no linebackers like they did against Michigan.

That edition of Penn state was a much better team by November, but improvement over the course of the season has never been a factor, because “every game needs to matter”

One justification for Bama that’s been repeated over and over is that the team improved from the beginning of the year and is much better than the one that lost to Texas. The team had time to learn Joe’s offense and, since injuries are such a big deal now, didn’t have to play the remainder of the schedule with no linebackers like they did against Michigan.

That edition of Penn state was a much better team by November, but improvement over the course of the season has never been a factor, because “every game needs to matter”
Bama didn't look very improved when they recently played Auburn

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Bama didn't look very improved when they recently played Auburn

Do you have any idea how good you need to be to pull of a miracle against a mediocre SEC school? Better than you need to be to beat one comfortably apparently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT