Trump org Accountants dump the the company because the financials can't be trusted

JR4PSU

Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
I love reading how these clowns dismiss anything that POS Trump does. They are not good people. Can you say Al Capone??
30,000+ emails destroyed.

Not good people.

Spied on the White House.

Not good people.

Allow an unprecedented number of ILLEGAL entries into the US.

Not good people.

Ignore virology science in order to lock down the population.

Not good people.

Refuse to prosecute various criminals.

Not good people.

Support violent riots across the country.

Not good people.

Support a group that actively called for the assassination of police officers.

Not good people.

etc.

etc.

etc.

NOT GOOD PEOPLE!!!

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004

Not good people.

Not good people.

Not good people.

Not good people.

Not good people.

Not good people.

Not good people.

etc.

etc.

etc.

NOT GOOD PEOPLE!!!
Stay on topic...

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
It doesn't necessarily work like that and it depends on the accounting firm. The accounting firm may have an asset department that values and verifies assets, or may hire out to do so. That goes from estimated values in everything from art to real estate. They are responsible for their valuations. The accounting firm is responsible for what they present and can absolutely be held...accountable. They don't get to put down anything they want and just walk away, saying, oh well.

I'd caution you to not believe everything reported. You've been burned numerous times by it. Just like you buds that Trump would be in jail a year ago.
When I present my information to my accountant for doing my income tax, I do not have to prove anything. My accountant will question me as to whether I have documentation so that I will be able substantiate the numbers if I am audited... but he doesn't get involved in the actual valuations and information I present him with. Unless they are certifying the numbers, accounting firms are only responsible to dealing with the information they are given by their clients and developing reports and statements from that information. Were you ever involved in public accounting? Just asking....

We still have a lot to learn as to why the accounting firm dropped Trump, but it sure doesn't sound good.

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA

Not good people.

Not good people.

Not good people.

Not good people.

Not good people.

Not good people.

Not good people.

etc.

etc.

etc.

NOT GOOD PEOPLE!!!
There you go again deflecting again. Just because the Clintons might have done some or all of what you have written does not make it okay for Trump to do what he might have done. I'm willing to wait to see what the DA comes up with but if he is guilty of any of the crimes that may have occurred, I don't believe a defense like.... Well the Clintons did it, etc. should make it acceptable. Lets hold them both accountable if they deserve it. How can you find fault with that?

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
If I recall correctly, Enron wasn’t Andersen’s only fraudster client. They had a significant list of big clients just like Enron…worldcom, Sunbeam, Healthsouth(?)etc etc.

Actually all of the biggies were complicit to some extent in their clients fraud. It was fairly pervasive.
Enron. Almost as big of a joke and fraud as Cheeto Hitler. Where was Enron headquartered again? Oh yeah ...

Reactions: Nittany Ned2

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
It doesn't necessarily work like that and it depends on the accounting firm. They are responsible for their valuations. The accounting firm is responsible for what they present and can absolutely be held...accountable. They don't get to put down anything they want and just walk away, saying, oh well.

Were you ever involved in public accounting? Just asking....

No, but he knows a WHOLE LOT about houseboats. Just ask him ...

JR4PSU

Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
There you go again deflecting again. Just because the Clintons might have done some or all of what you have written does not make it okay for Trump to do what he might have done. I'm willing to wait to see what the DA comes up with but if he is guilty of any of the crimes that may have occurred, I don't believe a defense like.... Well the Clintons did it, etc. should make it acceptable. Lets hold them both accountable if they deserve it. How can you find fault with that?
I'm not deflecting. I responded directly to RoyalPITA. Read his post. My post is a direct response, on point, to his.

If anything, you are deflecting away from my valid response to RoyalPITA. You certainly can't be proud of what your side ignores from your supposed leaders.

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
Not sure what you are referring to but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know very much about public accounting.
I absolutely do. I've worked for corporate 100 companies, from UPS to Boise Cascade. I've run 2 small, S corporations. What I stated is true. Accounting firms offer different services. If they offer valuations, they are absolutely responsible for said valuations. They can also be held responsible for improper documentation and inaccuracies, regarding clients. That's exactly why they carry liability insurance. Every CPA I know carries liability insurance.

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
I'm not deflecting. I responded directly to RoyalPITA. Read his post. My post is a direct response, on point, to his.

If anything, you are deflecting away from my valid response to RoyalPITA. You certainly can't be proud of what your side ignores from your supposed leaders.
Clintons aren't my leaders... right now I really like Liz Cheney. I did vote for Bill Clinton his second term other than that I have never voted for a Democrat for president. I would have voted for Kennedy but I wasn't old enough. I never voted for Hillary...in the 2016 election I voted straight republican and left the President box empty. I couldn't bring myself to vote for either. In light of everything that has transpired since then, I feel vindicated for that decision.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
The Accountants have to depend on the client to provide valid/accurate information.
That's true, but it doesn't alleviate them from their responsibility to assure that the balance sheet is properly stated.

In this case it looks like the accounting firm in question prepared the statements and I assume a different firm audited the statements. Are you really trying to say that both firms went with what Weisselberg told them, no questions asked?

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
That's true, but it doesn't alleviate them from their responsibility to assure that the balance sheet is properly stated.

In this case it looks like the accounting firm in question prepared the statements and I assume a different firm audited the statements. Are you really trying to say that both firms went with what Weisselberg told them, no questions asked?
Accounting firms are under no obligation to verify the numbers that are given to them by their clients unless they are responsible for certifying the statements, etc. My income tax includes two schedule C's as well as a k-1 partnership form. Since my accountant has no obligation as far as certifying my information, it his job to merely take it and put it into proper accounting form. It is my obligation to supply him with accurate numbers. If I get caught fudging my numbers, there are no legal consequences for him since again, he is not certifying the reports and forms. How is that hard to understand. Arthur Anderson got into trouble because they we commissioned to certify the accounting reports of Enron. Instead, they merely accepted the information that was provided by Enron's internal accountants. Certification requires verification. As i keep repeating, without certification, all the accountant is legally responsible for is putting the information they are given into proper accounting form according to GAAP.

in the case above, I doubt that Maser acted as internal accountants. From what I can tell, Maser is a Public Accounting firm. What they are now saying is the can't verify the information presented to them from Trumps internal accountants.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Accounting firms are under no obligation to verify the numbers that are given to them by their clients unless they are responsible for certifying the statements, etc. My income tax includes two schedule C's as well as a k-1 partnership form. Since my accountant has no obligation as far as certifying my information, it his job to merely take it and put it into proper accounting form. It is my obligation to supply him with accurate numbers. If I get caught fudging my numbers, there are no legal consequences for him since again, he is not certifying the reports and forms. How is that hard to understand. Arthur Anderson got into trouble because they we commissioned to certify the accounting reports of Enron. Instead, they merely accepted the information that was provided by Enron's internal accountants. Certification requires verification. As i keep repeating, without certification, all the accountant is legally responsible for is putting the information they are given into proper accounting form according to GAAP.

in the case above, I doubt that Maser acted as internal accountants. From what I can tell, Maser is a Public Accounting firm. What they are now saying is the can't verify the information presented to them from Trumps internal accountants.
That's your personal tax return. If the Trump Organization is going to borrow large sums of money the bank will insist on certified financial statements.

I worked for both publicly traded and privately owned companies. Trust me, banks required privately owned companies to have certified financial statements. I was even a volunteer treasurer for privately owned country club. There was NO WAY that the bank would provide a mortgage based solely on values I provided.

Last edited:

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
To any CPA out there. I read The NY Times story on Trump and the article stated the they issued a Statement of Financial Conditions what is that? Is that an audited statement and how would that relate to any income tax filings? I have designed and implemented global tax systems so I have some understanding of a book to return reconciliation. And would Trump be on a cash or accrual method?

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
That's your personal tax return. If the Trump Organization is going to borrow large sums of money the bank will insist on certified financial statements.

I worked for both publicly traded and privately owned companies. Trust me, banks required privately owned companies to have certified financial statements. I was even a volunteer treasurer for privately owned country club. There was NO WAY that the bank would provide a mortgage based solely on values I provided.
Look up the Gumberg’s and Mellon Bank. My dad had a friend that the Gumberg’s royally screwed.

JR4PSU

Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
Clintons aren't my leaders... right now I really like Liz Cheney. I did vote for Bill Clinton his second term other than that I have never voted for a Democrat for president. I would have voted for Kennedy but I wasn't old enough. I never voted for Hillary...in the 2016 election I voted straight republican and left the President box empty. I couldn't bring myself to vote for either. In light of everything that has transpired since then, I feel vindicated for that decision.
I don't know about "vindication". Your choice was to accept whatever the rest of the country decided rather than give your own input. When faced with two piles of sh!t, take the one that has the least unpleasant odor, but chose one rather than have someone else chose which to rub in your face.

• Haha
Reactions: pioneerlion83

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
I don't know about "vindication". Your choice was to accept whatever the rest of the country decided rather than give your own input. When faced with two piles of sh!t, take the one that has the least unpleasant odor, but chose one rather than have someone else chose which to rub in your face.
Your opinion I couldn’t bring myself to vote for Trump… I haven’t changed that opinion

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Hopefully for Cheeto Hitler, the reported sale of his D.C. hotel to A-Rod and his friends will generate some much needed cash and obviate the need for the Trump Organization to go out and borrow funds, because borrowing will now be a tad more problematic for them. Such a shame.

Last edited:

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
SouthernMD, by way of NJ and PSU
That’s some foolish, baseless, bullshit there, Junior.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Choose the one with the most nutrients so that things will grow better. Big difference in the quality of manure.

junior1

May 29, 2001
we could eliminate a lot of this back and forth if our legal system treated everyone equally. So Clinton destroyed classified information, Trump absconded with classified info. Both are wrong. Why don't we treat each equally. Isn't tht today's mantra ..."equality"

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
we could eliminate a lot of this back and forth if our legal system treated everyone equally. So Clinton destroyed classified information, Trump absconded with classified info. Both are wrong. Why don't we treat each equally. Isn't tht today's mantra ..."equality"
We are in complete agreement....

junior1

May 29, 2001
We are in complete agreement....
bet you and i could solve the immigration crisis in an hour. Neither would get everything we wanted, but the final solution would be good for the country. Why can't our elected officials do the same?

Reactions: fbh1

JR4PSU

Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
That’s some foolish, baseless, bullshit there, Junior.
wtf is baseless bullshit about what I posted? I posted an opinion about those that refuse to vote at all because they don't like either candidate. If you refuse to vote for either, you are in fact accepting what is pushed on you unconditionally. You have zero arguments for either candidate when one is elected. You've chosen to have someone else choose which one to rub in your face with no defense. You can't say "I didn't vote for him!". Yeah, you didn't vote for anyone. So you deserve exactly what you get. If you don't like either of the main party candidates, vote for a third-party candidate, at least. You are a fool, otherwise.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
bet you and i could solve the immigration crisis in an hour.
I used to think I was a moderate who could come to an agreement with sensible democrats. Not any more. There are certain things that seem like common sense to me that I wouldn't compromise. Like not allowing people into this country illegally.... PERIOD! Only citizens allowed to vote with an ID. Teaching history that includes the evils of slavery but not teaching black kids they are victims and white kids that they're oppressors. But these days libs call those extreme positions. Eff em, no compromise.

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
wtf is baseless bullshit about what I posted? I posted an opinion about those that refuse to vote at all because they don't like either candidate. If you refuse to vote for either, you are in fact accepting what is pushed on you unconditionally. You have zero arguments for either candidate when one is elected. You've chosen to have someone else choose which one to rub in your face with no defense. You can't say "I didn't vote for him!". Yeah, you didn't vote for anyone. So you deserve exactly what you get. If you don't like either of the main party candidates, vote for a third-party candidate, at least. You are a fool, otherwise.
The False equivalency that you start with is where you go off the rails.
If you don't like either party, then start a more right leaning center-right party...but you know you'll never get on a ballot with that...so the alt-right has hijacked the Republican Party to be the party of crazies and kooks.

But to be perfectly honest, I liked when the disaffected did not vote, rather than have them vote based on lies and ignorance, and faux outrage and grievances.

Reactions: NJPSU

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Knoxy...I so miss your charts...they gave me such entertainment value, being used in irrelevant contexts and specious claims and conclusions you tried to promote with them.

LOL... Further proven you hate facts, logic and reason to your beloved emotions.

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
LOL... Further proven you hate facts, logic and reason to your beloved emotions.
So now, you've reached a new level of discourse...
the-pee-wee-herman-show-paul-reubens.gif

Trust me, the charts are better for your cause than this.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
So now, you've reached a new level of discourse...
the-pee-wee-herman-show-paul-reubens.gif

Trust me, the charts are better for your cause than this.

YOU ARE A FASCIST BROWNSHIRT RACIST!!!!

Talk about a new level of discourse..... C'mon man.........