ADVERTISEMENT

Trustees Suit to access Freeh materials....Today's Court session

bjf1984

Sep 8, 2014
Update from today's Court docket wrt the Trustees' suit to access the Freeh materials:
The "public" hearing was "re-classified" as a Status Update - and closed off from the public.
Several of us - including a few who traveled several hours - were not permitted into the meeting. The press (including Lori Falce and Michael Garrett) were similarly excluded.

I expect there will not be a whole lot of information coming from the meeting - aside from some comments that things are "progressing". Hopefully there will be some carry-over effect from the recent ruling in the Paterno Suit - and we can FINALLY reach the point where the TRUSTEES of the University are actually permitted to review the RECORDS of the University (imagine that?).

Update from today's Court docket wrt the Trustees' suit to access the Freeh materials:
The "public" hearing was "re-classified" as a Status Update - and closed off from the public.
Several of us - including a few who traveled several hours - were not permitted into the meeting. The press (including Lori Falce and Michael Garrett) were similarly excluded.

I expect there will not be a whole lot of information coming from the meeting - aside from some comments that things are "progressing". Hopefully there will be some carry-over effect from the recent ruling in the Paterno Suit - and we can FINALLY reach the point where the TRUSTEES of the University are actually permitted to review the RECORDS of the University (imagine that?).

Do you have any sense whether or not the BOT will appeal the Superior Court decision to deny the ACP claims for the Freeh Report discovery in the Paterno estate lawsuit to the PA Supreme Court?

When the BOT hands over the Freeh Report source materials to the Paterno estate, do you think they will continue to fight the release to the alumni BOT members?

I would be stunned if the Misanthropes didn't fight until the last PSU dollar is squandered. After all its who they are.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Par for the course, for these guys.

oh absolutely. I wouldn't expect anything else. Im sure several BOT members phones were ringing off the hook this morning when they found out about the paternos gaining access. Im looking forward to see what the BOT cabal tries to pull out of their bag of tricks and spin. I love it

Reactions: simons96
oh absolutely. I wouldn't expect anything else. Im sure several BOT members phones were ringing off the hook this morning when they found out about the paternos gaining access. Im looking forward to see what the BOT cabal tries to pull out of their bag of tricks and spin. I love it

CRapmypants66 is already trying to misdirect, so clearly his masters are panicking

hahahaha so the public session was canceled and they went behind closed doors for their meeting right after the courts ruled the paternos get access to the freeh report? THAT'S CLASSIC!!!!!
The Freeh REPORT is a public document which the Paterno's have been able to access since July 12, 2012. What is not public is FSS's work product and other things protected by ACP. Access to these things are still being litigated despite what some here may think. The estate may ultimately get access to selective work product items but only those items that are germane to the estate proving its case against the NCAA. Rest assured PSU will fight tooth and nail at every turn arguing much of the information plaintiffs request is not germane to the plaintiff's winning their case.

The Freeh REPORT is a public document which the Paterno's have been able to access since July 12, 2012. What is not public is FSS's work product and other things protected by ACP. Access to these things are still being litigated despite what some here may think. The estate may ultimately get access to selective work product items but only those items that are germane to the estate proving its case against the NCAA. Rest assured PSU will fight tooth and nail at every turn arguing much of the information plaintiffs are requesting is not germane to the plaintiff's case.
Dude, nothing is protected by ACP. Freeh was not acting in that role to PSU. So go away with this line of utter bullshit. It's all smoke and mirrors and delay tactics.

The Freeh REPORT is a public document which the Paterno's have been able to access since July 12, 2012. What is not public is FSS's work product and other things protected by ACP. Access to these things are still being litigated despite what some here may think. The estate may ultimately get access to selective work product items but only those items that are germane to the estate proving its case against the NCAA. Rest assured PSU will fight tooth and nail at every turn arguing much of the information plaintiffs are requesting is not germane to the plaintiff's case.

Why, asshole? What are they hiding? Nobody fights tooth and nail unless they have a lot to lose.

You have nothing to lose, because you lost everything the moment you were born. Just to remind you.

Why, asshole? What are they hiding? Nobody fights tooth and nail unless they have a lot to lose.

You have nothing to lose, because you lost everything the moment you were born. Just to remind you.
Said with some extra spice but I agree with you. While I believe less is more in the legal context, Our University has pledged to be transparent. The truth is they have something to hide. If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck then it is a duck.

The Freeh REPORT is a public document which the Paterno's have been able to access since July 12, 2012. What is not public is FSS's work product and other things protected by ACP. Access to these things are still being litigated despite what some here may think. The estate may ultimately get access to selective work product items but only those items that are germane to the estate proving its case against the NCAA. Rest assured PSU will fight tooth and nail at every turn arguing much of the information plaintiffs request is not germane to the plaintiff's winning their case.
Yeah, well, when you have someone write a false, disparaging report you lose your privilege to keep your underlying work product secret. Your dumbass friends would have known that, if they weren't potato farmers and lesbians.

Dude, nothing is protected by ACP. Freeh was not acting in that role to PSU. So go away with this line of utter bullshit. It's all smoke and mirrors and delay tactics.

Tell that to Ryan Bagwell. In Bagwell v. Pennsylvania Department of Education the court affirmed a determination from the state Office of Open Records, which denied access to the documents based on attorney-client privilege and the work-product doctrine.

Keep praying, you prick. I'm willing to bet that our God is on the side of the truly righteous, and that is not you. You, and your pals, are going down, and you are going down hard.

It's time to pay the piper, my man. Hope you can afford it.

Tell that to Ryan Bagwell. In Bagwell v. Pennsylvania Department of Education the court affirmed a determination from the state Office of Open Records, which denied access to the documents based on attorney-client privilege and the work-product doctrine.

The state doesn't have Freeh's work papers. God you're stupid.

Yeah, well, when you have someone write a false, disparaging report you lose your privilege to keep your underlying work product secret. Your dumbass friends would have known that, if they weren't potato farmers and lesbians.
The last phrase made me laugh. It's not often you see those two groups of people mentioned in the same sentence.

I look forward to reading the work product with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

CR66, I'm no legal expert, but these seem to be very different cases and the rulings in each have shown that so far. Bagwell was denied by OOR, Commonwealth Court and turned away by the PA Supreme Court. As far as Paterno vs. NCAA and the Freeh Documents - well, er, um, ... you tell me. Not looking good for your team right now. You're down to the "tooth and nail" and "hang on like grim death" tactics. The reek and stench of desperation. Will your team attempt to settle?

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown and simons96
The Legacy BOT who consider themselves to be PSU, WILL fight until the last dollar of public money to keep their 8.5 million dollar hit piece buried. The only "evidence" uncovered comes from trustees who fired Joe and then needed something to cover their cold blooded vendetta. No evidence was discovered by Louis the Liar and his minions to justify the BiG Lie that emerged from the SITF/Freeh dog and pony show. What is more troublesome and not yet known is the criminal behavior that led to the protection of The Second Mile and Commonweath Agencies. The alternative is to believe that Frazier, Peetz, and Surma are protecting JoePa's good name by denying access to the Freeh work product etc. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Hey CR, I am curious as to why the BOT and PSU are hiding behind ACP? As I understand their position, nothing out of the ordinary was performed, SOP. If they really wanted to earn back some trust and 'move on' then at this juncture, preventing BOT members from seeing information only makes them look guilty. Lets get beyond the 'principle' of the thing, the avalanche of other cases affected by this act, and the precedent set. This is now family and it appears as if they have something to hide. Let them prove my suspicion wrong.

For someone who said they had me on ignore you sure go out of your way to address me at every turn and it's clear why you do.

oihwa.jpg

Oh, and one more thing.....I'm accustomed to giving orders not taking them, and especially from people like you.

For someone who said they had me on ignore you sure go out of your way to address me at every turn and it's clear why you do.

oihwa.jpg

Oh, and one more thing.....I'm accustomed to giving orders not taking them, and especially from people like you.

Stop deluding yourself. Nobody takes orders from you anymore Jim. You're just an old, irrelevant message board troll POS.

Hey CR, I am curious as to why the BOT and PSU are hiding behind ACP? As I understand their position, nothing out of the ordinary was performed, SOP. If they really wanted to earn back some trust and 'move on' then at this juncture, preventing BOT members from seeing information only makes them look guilty. Lets get beyond the 'principle' of the thing, the avalanche of other cases affected by this act, and the precedent set. This is now family and it appears as if they have something to hide. Let them prove my suspicion wrong.

The university has been clear in its reasons why it needs to maintain confidentiality and assert the attorney client and work product privileges. It articulated them in its memorandum of opposition to the petition filed by several of the dissident trustees asking for access to the materials. I suggest you acquaint yourself with the university's reasons in the memorandum (particularly page two and three among others) which can be found at the following link: http://www.psu.edu/ur/2014/PSU_Memorandum_In_Opposition.pdf.

Attempting to disprove one's suspicions would be futile because no matter how convincing the evidence would be in contravention of the suspicions, there will always be those who, for a myriad of reasons, would refuse to accept the reality.

The university has been clear in its reasons why it needs to maintain confidentiality and assert the attorney client and work product privileges. It articulated them in its memorandum of opposition to the petition filed by several of the dissident trustees asking for access to the materials. I suggest you acquaint yourself with the university's reasons in the memorandum (particularly page two and three among others) which can be found at the following link: http://www.psu.edu/ur/2014/PSU_Memorandum_In_Opposition.pdf.

Attempting to disprove one's suspicions would be futile because no matter how convincing the evidence would be in contravention of the suspicions, there will always be those who, for a myriad of reasons, would refuse to accept the reality.

th
th

There is no possible justification for denying fiduciaries (trustees) access to these materials.

Hey Professor Fenchak, when are you going to stop ripping off the university and your students. Some comments by your Finance 100 students:

"Took the night class from 6-9 and was there until 7:30!"

"Easiest class ever. Open book and notes and you even get to use your laptop. If you can't get an A in the course then you should not be in college. And if you turn things in late he doesn't care."

"He also usually let class out nearly an hour early."

"Take Pierce if you can."

Maybe you should think about giving your students the class time they paid for and what you're being compensated for. And you have the gall to accuse others of ripping off the system?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT